Around The League V.2

Totty

Carter is crazy he takes on double team blocks by throwing the weakest one into the other one then makes the tackle for no gain looking casual af

wonder if him and Addison from minn talk after the game 

kirk cousins is top 10 coolest guys ever

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Eagles could easily be 0-2

That dline is unfair they rotate lines not guys but full dlines like it’s a dam all star game. They literally beat the shi out off the other teams oline. Their oline is nasty too. Philly wins in the trenches frfr.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That dline is unfair they rotate lines not guys but full dlines like it’s a dam all star game. They literally beat the shi out off the other teams oline. Their oline is nasty too. Philly wins in the trenches frfr.

This is the way to build a strong team.

Reggie had it right he just made some awful decisions when it came to drafting DL (Mario Edwards, Jihad Ward, PJ Hall, Eddie Vanderdoes, etc.) and then inexplicably allowed the talented DL to walk (Denico Autry, Shelby Harris, etc.). 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Reggie had it right he just made some awful decisions when it came to drafting DL (Mario Edwards, Jihad Ward, PJ Hall, Eddie Vanderdoes, etc.) and then inexplicably allowed the talented DL to walk (Denico Autry, Shelby Harris, etc.). 

I wonder how many linemen the have oline and dline compared to the rest of the nfl. Imagine playing guard looking up one series see fletch next time carter, next time sweat then Jordan lol I’d be ready to tap out.

I used to hate playing iron man football vs stacked teams. Come 3rd qtr I’m dog tired and you playing og and you see fresh dline bouncing on the sideline ready to come out lol. 

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Seeing that name makes me sad. 

I still think he would've been fine had he not gotten injured his last year at UCLA. One of the projects we took I really wanted to work out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

They gave up 34 points yesterday and in week 1 300+ 3TDs to Mac Jones. They are overrated

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

They gave up 34 points yesterday and in week 1 300+ 3TDs to Mac Jones. They are overrated

Their offense also wasn’t clicking which is strange cause they only lost their rb iirc. Week 1 it was all fgs.

any team that wins a game with all fgs I’m giving the winning teams defense credit

54 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Their offense also wasn’t clicking which is strange cause they only lost their rb iirc. Week 1 it was all fgs.

any team that wins a game with all fgs I’m giving the winning teams defense credit

Game 1 there offense wasn’t clicking but game2 it was. Regardless on how you think the Eagles d-line is a all star team, they gave up huge performances to offenses in both games. It didn’t matter

Eagles could be easily 0-2

34 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Game 1 there offense wasn’t clicking but game2 it was. Regardless on how you think the Eagles d-line is a all star team, they gave up huge performances to offenses in both games. It didn’t matter

Eagles could be easily 0-2

The Philly offense stalled so bad in the beginning of the game the crowd boo’d them. I wouldn’t say they were clicking but it is what it is 

12 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Seeing that name makes me sad. 

I still think he would've been fine had he not gotten injured his last year at UCLA. One of the projects we took I really wanted to work out. 

Me too, even after the first injury he flashed a few times as a rookie then got injured again if I recall. I remember him just bowling straight over a guy against Tennessee I believe…….:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Me too, even after the first injury he flashed a few times as a rookie then got injured again if I recall. I remember him just bowling straight over a guy against Tennessee I believe…….:

Couple guys around the same time I was pretty big on. 

Scott Crichton from Oregon St. was another DE I liked. Never amounted to anything in the NFL. 

Vince Mayle, Cayleb Jones, Markus Wheaton, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Michael Rector, Scooby Wright, Anu Solomon, Jeff Maehl, Greg Salas, Austin Pettis, Bishop Sankey, Cassius Marsh, Rashede Hageman, Will Sutton, Carl Bradford, Deanthony Thomas, LaMichael James, Marqise Lee, Ed Reynolds, Austin Sefarian Jenkins.....is it obvious what conferences I followed most closely? 

To varying degrees, I would've jumped for joy had we taken those guys anywhere around the spots they ultimately went. Man....just that long of a list over a couple of years is rough to reconcile none of them really working out. Just goes to show how hard it can be to actually get a few right here and there. I've had a few go my way, a few that really made me feel good too like Elijah Qualls, Kenny Young and Jayon Brown their first few years, I don't remember of it was on here or just in person to some friends but I pounded the table hard for Jordan Poyer back in 2013 when he fell. Total gut feeling there that I will forever feel validation for. 

But, yeah, the draft is such a crapshoot. I remember Hageman at Minnesota just bowling guys over- and the Big10 doesn't do too bad with OL guys. I would've sworn he was going to be a total game wrecker. Never did squat. Off field stiff didn't help, but even on the field it was clear that whatever he did at Minnesota wasn't translating to the big leagues. 

Fun times, the draft is. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 10:24 AM, FloydFan said:

Titans are a bad team and I would not say they made significant upgrades. Theyre mostly the same. Unless you think DHop is one but he quite frankly looks like a Titans special (geriatric WR that gets last payday and vastly underperforms).

The Titans didn't look bad today.