Around The League V.2

Totty

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Defense absolutely balled out and showed out in the Rams/Steelers games and Carr crapped the bed with huge turnovers at the end of both games that sealed the losses and ended our season. 

steelers sure, Rams, i mean they dont allow a 98 yard drive with no timeouts and 2 mins and we win. if that was a 35-33 game itd clearly be seen as a collapse right? Carr put the D in a spot to win, and they failed. . . to say its 100% Carrs fault is wrong. We also got extremely conservative, JMD decision. 

if you cant acknowledge how conservative JMD got in the second half of the rams game, (3 pass attempts after our opening drive in the second half), i dont know what to tell you. 

Single handledy, (your statement), means it was 100% carrs fault... JMD was an absolute joke, and cost us at least in part some games. 

by the Steelers game we were also essentially elminated from the playoffs, so I dont understand how you see that as a clutch game? 

You didnt answer any of my 3 questions? 
1. what is a clutch game? 
2. was the dolphins game single handedly carrs fault? he gave us a lead with 30 seconds left lol
3. every loss last year is single handedly carrs fault? with a joke of a HC?

again, not arguing anything other than your statement, Carr single handedly has lost us numerous clutch games the last decade.

Carr was bad last year. does he deserve 100% of blame, no. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Doesn’t look like a praise to me…All speculation  Considering that we just found out JMD has personnel power over DZ and they disagreed more than agreed. I wouldn’t be surprised that this bizzare decision to cut a pro bowl guard was one contested decision 

I’m not buying that just like no one bought that grudock story and hired mayock. Ironically seems like gruden will work in the nfl again and not mayock

15 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m not buying that just like no one bought that grudock story and hired mayock. Ironically seems like gruden will work in the nfl again and not mayock

Understandable that’s your belief.

Should Mayock even been a GM? He went right from NFL network to GM job

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Understandable that’s your belief.

Should Mayock even been a GM? He went right from NFL network to GM job

Let’s just put it on the table now what jmd was responsible for and what dz was responsible for so we don’t flip flop

-chandler Jones

-carr

-Wilson 

etc

dz shouldn’t have been a gm

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

11 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

steelers sure, Rams, i mean they dont allow a 98 yard drive with no timeouts and 2 mins and we win. if that was a 35-33 game itd clearly be seen as a collapse right? Carr put the D in a spot to win, and they failed. . . to say its 100% Carrs fault is wrong. We also got extremely conservative, JMD decision. 

He had to go conservative because Carr was out there throwing ducks and turning the ball over. The defense allowed 13 and 17 points in those two games and we lost both. Even when you look back at the 2021 season, Carr wasn't very good down the stretch. Jacobs just went absolute beast mode and the defense carried us during that final stretch to sneak us into the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He had to go conservative because Carr was out there throwing ducks and turning the ball over. The defense allowed 13 and 17 points in those two games and we lost both. Even when you look back at the 2021 season, Carr wasn't very good down the stretch. Jacobs just went absolute beast mode and the defense carried us during that final stretch to sneak us into the playoffs. 

The defense was showing signs last season of improving 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

well, ill just assume you agree with me, since you refuse to answer my 3 questions

On 11/8/2023 at 6:24 PM, NickButera said:

Definitely this. Carr isn't hot garbage. He's going to throw for 300 yards half the time and get you to the Red zone a lot. We've always said Carr is plenty good enough to get you to the playoffs and make a run of all the pieces are right. If the saints are smart enough to have magical Red zone strategies, then they've figured out how to win with Carr, which could always be done with the smart enough team. 

A 150 Million dollar QB who you have to sub out in the redzone because that highly paid QB cant make tight throws, panics in the condensed area of the field etc isnt a QB i can forsee making a run with. Thats where the best QBs make their money and Carr has routinely been one of the worst.

I just looked at the Saints schedule and the only two QBs they’ve played against that aren’t completely trash are CJ Stroud and Trevor Lawrence , who they lost to both. The only good QB that they have left to play on their schedule is Jared Goff if Stafford goes on IR. They only play one game outside of a dome the rest of the way.

Thats got to be one of the softest schedules i have ever seen. How in the hell are they only 5-4!?? 

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

5 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I just looked at the Saints schedule and the only two QBs they’ve played against that aren’t completely trash are CJ Stroud and Trevor Lawrence , who they lost to both. The only good QB that they have left to play on their schedule is Jared Goff if Stafford goes on IR. They only play one game outside of a dome the rest of the way.

Thats got to be one of the softest schedules i have ever seen. How in the hell are they only 5-4!?? 

Carr played through the shoulder. Taysom playing in the redzone/green zone is the ex factor we know Carr is great between the 20s

8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

dude a hater

I'm interested to see Joshua Dobbs plays out the season. I think he is legit good QB. He is a rocket science IQ, can Make all the throws, a leader, is a dual threat. If he balls out, it would be interesting to see what the vikings do. He's only 27, I would be interested in him.

Edited by Humble_Beast

On 11/9/2023 at 3:30 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Let’s just put it on the table now what jmd was responsible for and what dz was responsible for so we don’t flip flop

-chandler Jones

-carr

-Wilson 

etc

dz shouldn’t have been a gm

Didn’t Zeigler oppose the Chandler Jones and Jimmy Garoppolo moves according to Hondo? I think they were two of the worst.

I don’t think we really had enough time to really get a flavour for his preferences in the draft or free agency. Whomever brought in Spillane and Epps did a good job though IMO.