Around The League V.2

Totty

On 11/27/2023 at 2:11 AM, Geezy said:

All the Ravens do is take good college football players in the draft and they are good year after year. Who woulda thunk taking good football players would result into a good football team? Too many teams over think it and try to hit home runs, while the good teams clean up hitting singles and doubles. 

Plus I think they’ve got a steady coaching, know their schemes and know how the rookies will fit in. They’re not changing front offices and schemes every other year, I think that helps.

• Like 1

Carr would be doing better this season if he was still in Vegas and not in New Orleans.

Carr would also be playing better than any of our QBs have this season.

BUT - it was still 1000% the correct decision for us to move on from Derek Carr. The ship has sailed, and it should have done a number of years earlier.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Carr would be doing better this season if he was still in Vegas and not in New Orleans.

BUT - it was still 1000% the correct decision for us to move on from Derek Carr. The ship has sailed, and it should have done a number of years earlier.

He has better weapons and a better team around him in New Orleans, he's just not that good and it's finally being confirmed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He has better weapons and a better team around him in New Orleans, he's just not that good and it's finally being confirmed.

He had a familiarity with our receivers and OL, though. That can’t be discounted.

The set of weapons are pretty close as well imo:
Kamara, Olave, Thomas, Shaheed and Juwan Johnson (with Taysom Hill as a wildcard) vs Jacobs, Adams, Meyers, Renfrow and Mayer.

I’ve not gone too far down the depth of weapons, but man for man our guys hold up pretty well. Saints might have more offensive depth overall and a real wildcard threat in Hill, but Jacobs and Adams are up there with anyone in the league and Meyers is a very good #2.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

He had a familiarity with our receivers and OL, though. That can’t be discounted.

Kamara, Olave, Thomas, Shaheed and Juwan Johnson (with Taysom Hill as a wildcard) vs Jacobs, Adams, Meyers, Renfrow and Mayer.

I’ve not gone too far down the depth of weapons, but man for man our guys hold up pretty well. Saints might have more offensive depth overall and a real wildcard threat in Hill, but Jacobs and Adams are up there with anyone in the league and Meyers is a very good #2.

yeap agreed. 
its just unneccarry hate to again make Carr look worse to satisfy what some people just crave. 

claiming MT/Olave is better than DA/ JM is madness... Michael Tomas hasnt played since 2019 lol. Has never had more than 9 TDs in a year... no where close to DA. 
Olave a great rookie season no doubt! but nowhere near what Meyers has done in a year... or Renfrow...

Kamara vs Jacobs is pretty equal ... Kamara had 4 total tds last year... 

obviously doesnt mean much, but DA and Jacobs wouldve gone before anyone on the saints in like 95% of FF leagues I imagine. 

butttttt... if you just tell youself he has better weapons and coaching this year, you can feel good about yourself for hating carr for 10 years lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

yeap agreed. 
its just unneccarry hate to again make Carr look worse to satisfy what some people just crave. 

claiming MT/Olave is better than DA/ JM is madness... Michael Tomas hasnt played since 2019 lol. Has never had more than 9 TDs in a year... no where close to DA. 
Olave a great rookie season no doubt! but nowhere near what Meyers has done in a year... or Renfrow...

Kamara vs Jacobs is pretty equal ... Kamara had 4 total tds last year... 

obviously doesnt mean much, but DA and Jacobs wouldve gone before anyone on the saints in like 95% of FF leagues I imagine. 

butttttt... if you just tell youself he has better weapons and coaching this year, you can feel good about yourself for hating carr for 10 years lol

But Carr fans claimed he had all the weapons and OL and defense in N.O. The fact of the matter is he turns the ball over in bad spots, he's horrible in the redzone and under pressure but but the defense right? His lack of production has strained that Saints defense. Putting up a bunch of stats with DA didn't lead to wins here last year, because all i just mentioned. Now in reality Carr has been bad for 3 years now, the playoff run people want to give him credit for, he had 5tds, 4ints, and 4 fumbles in those last 4 wins. He didn't carry us nowhere the defense stepped up against weak teams and Jacobs. He was bad under JMD people were claiming JMD wanted him to look bad, Now it's exactly the same with the Saints and here come the excuses. And I can even argue if we had started AO4 day one we'd have 1 or 2 more wins.

10 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

But Carr fans claimed he had all the weapons and OL and defense in N.O. The fact of the matter is he turns the ball over in bad spots, he's horrible in the redzone and under pressure but but the defense right? His lack of production has strained that Saints defense. Putting up a bunch of stats with DA didn't lead to wins here last year, because all i just mentioned. Now in reality Carr has been bad for 3 years now, the playoff run people want to give him credit for, he had 5tds, 4ints, and 4 fumbles in those last 4 wins. He didn't carry us nowhere the defense stepped up against weak teams and Jacobs. He was bad under JMD people were claiming JMD wanted him to look bad, Now it's exactly the same with the Saints and here come the excuses. And I can even argue if we had started AO4 day one we'd have 1 or 2 more wins.

he does that team on paper is great. MT is being overrted on here by some, but there are enough weapons there
team chemisty is clearly brutal in NO, whic carr is at fault for too.
coaching plays a role, simply for not using hill more in the redzone at qb lol

second bold, you can argue... but i already stated that, so wouldnt be arguing with me... Jimmy cost us 2 games.. we are 2 games out of a playoff spot, and carr playing bad this year was still better tha jimmy, on a less stacked O with worse chemistry. 

9 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

but, if Carr was still here its not like he wouldve just lost chemistry with Renfrow and Adams... or are you arguing he would have the exact same year here as he is now in NO?

that locker room is not vibing with Carr, no question there. 

seems this is carrs worst statisical year, and I think hed be doing better here, with Adams showing the locker room support. 

I think wed have 1 or 2 more wins this year with Carr (probably with AOC starting all year too). 
Currently at 5-7...  2 more wins (CHI, Chargers, Pitt) seem possible with better qb play. 

But does Carr have one of his terrible games in a game we somehow won with Jimy? possibly, but i doubt itd be anyworse. For how bad Carr has been this year, he still is getting them into FG range which is all we needed in our first couple wins. 

-

doesnt matter, and if Carr where to become a FA i wouldnt want to sign him... 
but to just look at his stats and say put those here and wed still suck seems silly to me..
chemistry, playbook etc etc.
football a complicated sport, cant just change teams and think itd be same production... 

Guys like Jacobs were visibly frustrated in post game interviews last year. He lost the locker room here too. It really says something when the majority of the fan base is already tired of you after 11 games and they're stuck with you for another year. They think they'd be better off with Jameis. Same glaring problems Carr had here, he's having in New Orleans. But hey, give him 2 more years in that system and who knows...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Guys like Jacobs were visibly frustrated in post game interviews last year. He lost the locker room here too. It really says something when the majority of the fan base is already tired of you after 11 games and they're stuck with you for another year. They think they'd be better off with Jameis. Same glaring problems Carr had here, he's having in New Orleans. But hey, give him 2 more years in that system and who knows...

honestly I think JMD lost the locker room, but yeah Carrs play didnt help, and JMD knew where to put the blame to keep it off him. 
JMD called games scared with Carr the later half of the season, (because of carrs play no doubt), but you cant keep playing Carr and calling games scred. 

Saints fans think theyd be better with Jamies, like raider fans thought wed be better with Jimmy... doesnt mean much to me.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Carr has shown here and now in New Orleans, even when he's in an ideal situation against mid competition he will find a way to blow it. How many must win games against bad teams did we lose because he had a bad game, there's too many to count. 

He has been extremely bad this season despite being in a great situation. 

6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I have no doubt we would have beat the Chiefs Sunday with DC… we would have been contenders but McDaniels blew it. Tae was unstoppable and the defense is finally coming around. You give DC another year in a system plus Meyers, Mayer, Tucker. We missed out on a special season. The reason DC hasn’t been great in New Orleans is his injury in the middle of the year, plus his top 3 wideouts are out. Saints screwed  up keeping Jameis. The chemistry is off because Jameis is well liked in that locker room and was there first. Makes it tough for DC to establish himself as a leader and build up the synergy. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I have no doubt we would have beat the Saints Sunday with DC… we would have been contenders but McDaniels blew it. Tae was unstoppable and the defense is finally coming around. You give DC another year in a system plus Meyers, Mayer, Tucker. We missed out on a special season. The reason DC hasn’t been great in New Orleans is his injury in the middle of the year, plus his top 3 wideouts are out. Saints screwed  up keeping Jameis. The chemistry is off because Jameis is well liked in that locker room and was there first. Makes it tough for DC to establish himself as a leader and build up the synergy. 

ABC continues... Anybody But Carr

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

honestly I think JMD lost the locker room, but yeah Carrs play didnt help, and JMD knew where to put the blame to keep it off him. 
JMD called games scared with Carr the later half of the season, (because of carrs play no doubt), but you cant keep playing Carr and calling games scred. 

Saints fans think theyd be better with Jamies, like raider fans thought wed be better with Jimmy... doesnt mean much to me.  

Carr just wasn't consistently accurate or poised in the pocket. Missing a wide open Renfrow in Pittsburgh was numbing. Then you see how AWFUL the throw in Atlanta was on Sunday. Add the fact he seemed to brush off his own fault on these games and you see why the team was tired of him. Stidham and the offense put 400+ yards on the best defense in the league the next week. Won't defend McDaniels but Carr had been holding this team back the previous year too.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Carr just wasn't consistently accurate or poised in the pocket. Missing a wide open Renfrow in Pittsburgh was numbing. Then you see how AWFUL the throw in Atlanta was on Sunday. Add the fact he seemed to brush off his own fault on these games and you see why the team was tired of him. Stidham and the offense put 400+ yards on the best defense in the league the next week. Won't defend McDaniels but Carr had been holding this team back the previous year too.

In your opinion what did Carr hold them back from the year prior? 

they lost to the the afc champions in a tight game, on the road wild card weekend.

do you believe the team that lost Gruden and Ruggs and made the playoffs was truly held back? 

id say they reached their max potential, but we clearly have different views of that team if you think they were held back. 

year before that they averaged 28 PPG… that’s pretty solid O output imo. 

so just straight up, by stating the year prior Carr held them back, you think they should’ve competed for the SB in a year they lost their HC and WR1?  

10 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

In your opinion what did Carr hold them back from the year prior? 

they lost to the the afc champions in a tight game, on the road wild card weekend.

do you believe the team that lost Gruden and Ruggs and made the playoffs was truly held back? 

id say they reached their max potential, but we clearly have different views of that team if you think they were held back. 

year before that they averaged 28 PPG… that’s pretty solid O output imo. 

so just straight up, by stating the year prior Carr held them back, you think they should’ve competed for the SB in a year they lost their HC and WR1?  

There's an entire thread about his red zone struggles. Watch how bad he was in the NY game. Missed receivers vs Washington at home. Not to mention many teams still had depleted rosters due to COVID. Team did what it did the last couple years mainly because of Jacobs. Carr would fool you with a nice throw here and there but in the long run he's gonna struggle. He wasn't the main thing holding this team back but it's obvious things were not gonna get better. 2016 was his peak season.

• Like 1