Around The League V.2

Totty

9 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yea I agree, same here. He moves better now than he did 4-5 years ago. Perhaps had some injuries that needed to heal. Looks fresh

I hate the Browns and wish nothing good for them after the whole Watson nonsense. 

But I'd be lying if I didn't say I almost hope they go win it all with Flacco coming out of semi retirement mid-year just to rub in how awful a decision they made on Watson. 

It would literally be the most Browns thing ever. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I hate the Browns and wish nothing good for them after the whole Watson nonsense. 

But I'd be lying if I didn't say I almost hope they go win it all with Flacco coming out of semi retirement mid-year just to rub in how awful a decision they made on Watson. 

Why can’t we get a fa qb?

We gotta have worst qb room in nfl

14 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Lions fans now questioning Jared Goff Future

If I were the Lions, I would keep him.  21 TD and 10 INT isn't bad.  Could always be way worse.  Like our QB situation.  The smartest thing they could do is FIND HIS REPLACEMENT before they just flat out cut him for literally nothing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I wish Flacco well.  I do not wish well for the Browns.  They paid a scumbag a quarter of a billion dollars just to be a piece of garbage.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Why can’t we get a fa qb?

We gotta have worst qb room in nfl

34 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I wish Flacco well.  I do not wish well for the Browns.  They paid a scumbag a quarter of a billion dollars just to be a piece of garbage.

The Browns just put Flacco back on the Practice Squad and another team could sign him now. Unreal

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1734257050077598153?s=20

36 minutes ago, Jerry said:

If I were the Lions, I would keep him.  21 TD and 10 INT isn't bad.  Could always be way worse.  Like our QB situation.  The smartest thing they could do is FIND HIS REPLACEMENT before they just flat out cut him for literally nothing.

I think more of the question is whether to extend him long term

20 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I would.

He's not going to command top 5 QB money and he knows it. In 3 years, his deal will be a steal and they can structure it to get out after X years. 

Draft a replacement. If he wins the job, great. If he can't beat Goff as a rookie, that's fine. If he can't after 3 years, trade and try again. 

They're in a good spot th Goff. He isn't going to consistently wow people, but he's fine. Perfect situation to say "We can move on if better comes along, and we'll look for it, but if it doesn't, we're not starting Tim Boyle". Goff gives the flexibility to spend a few years trying to find an upgrade without giving up the immediate opportunity to be competitive. 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yeah I would.  Like I said in a previous post is they should extend him and draft his replacement.  Do what the Packers have done, groom a rookie for 3-4 years until they are ready and let Goff compete while he still can.