Around The League V.2

Totty

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Because they're all the same age?

You'd take AOC over Jalen Hurts... 

Same age but you just compared a rookie with 7 games under his belt to dudes who have 4 years in the league. That's Nonsense. 

Yes, I'll take O'Connell now over Hurts. Because a QB who can't read a D and gets locked in on one receiver without being able to make his other reads is doomed to fail. Which is what we're seeing with Hurts right now. 

I'll take the rookie who knows what he's looking at and makes his reads. You can build around that.

16 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Is that considering them not likely to go 2-0… or 22% chance if they go 2-0?

Even if they go 2-0 is my understanding. 

Tampa has 86% chance with a win this week. And that drops to 61% with a loss. So Tampa can lose 1 of their next 3 and still win the South.

Edited by big_palooka

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Even if they go 2-0 is my understanding. 

Tampa has 86% chance with a win this week. And that drops to 61% with a loss. So Tampa can lose 1 of their next 3 and still win the South.

Interesting. Will see, I have Jax beating Tampa, then they play the saints next week. 
if Tampa wins this week, it’ll be tough for saints no doubt. 

I think that 22% is currently and not updated until all other games this week have been played? But I could easily be wrong here too. 

obviously going 2-0 for saints is the wild card, will be interesting to see Tampa against Jax too knowing it really puts them in a good spot for playoff 

2 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

Same age but you just compared a rookie with 7 games under his belt to dudes who have 4 years in the league. That's Nonsense. 

Yes, I'll take O'Connell now over Hurts. Because a QB who can't read a D and gets locked in on one receiver without being able to make his other reads is doomed to fail. Which is what we're seeing with Hurts right now. 

I'll take the rookie who knows what he's looking at and makes his reads. You can build around that.

They're both 25 years old bud, one of them was just good enough to make it to the league four years ago, and the other one needed like 7 years of college ball to prepare. 

AOC is averaging more turnovers per game then Hurts is, llol. 

Chargers about to beat the Bills a week after they allowed us to score 63. 

They should give their interim coach a life time contract, biggest week to week turn around we've ever seen. And as @Darbsk would say he now has more head coaching experience than other top candidates like Smith and Johnson.

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They're both 25 years old bud, one of them was just good enough to make it to the league four years ago, and the other one needed like 7 years of college ball to prepare. 

AOC is averaging more turnovers per game then Hurts is, llol. 

One has 4 years of NFL experience and the other 7 games. It's not a good comparison. Again, I've seen every NFL game Hurts has ever played. 

He is garbage. Don't be fooled like some of the fools in this city are. O'Connell can read a D and make his progressions and he's got a cannon of an arm and throws with accuracy already after only 7 games.

If you asked me to pick between Hurts and O'Connell right now, I take O'Connell. 

5 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

One has 4 years of NFL experience and the other 7 games. It's not a good comparison. Again, I've seen every NFL game Hurts has ever played. 

He is garbage. Don't be fooled like some of the fools in this city are. O'Connell can read a D and make his progressions and he's got a cannon of an arm and throws with accuracy already after only 7 games.

If you asked me to pick between Hurts and O'Connell right now, I take O'Connell. 

O'Connell could've been in the league just as long as Hurts considering they're the same age. AOC just wasn't good enough to produce until he was severely older than almost everyone he was playing against. 

AOC does not have a cannon, is super unathletic, and his accuracy is shakey. 

You'd be the only person on planet earth that would take AOC over Hurts, lol.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They should give their interim coach a life time contract, biggest week to week turn around we've ever seen. And as @Darbsk would say he now has more head coaching experience than other top candidates like Smith and Johnson.

No the Bills should fire their while staff incl. players cause they barely Beat Easton Stick.

Cause as we know by now, beating Easton Stick ist worth nothing, right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

No the Bills should fire their while staff incl. players cause they barely Beat Easton Stick.

Cause as we know by now, beating Easton Stick ist worth nothing, right?

Ironically, a lot of Bills fans actually feel that way about McDermott at this point. They largely feel that the team has plateaued with him as HC and want something new. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Does that give our win any more credibility? They lost though didn’t they?

And if we’re going by actual facts, yes he does have more head coaching experience 🙂 hopefully they keep him and leave Jim Harbaugh well alone!

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PhillyRaider said:

Oh wow, really? 

Im not a fan of Hurts by any means and don’t think he’s a good QB at the actual QBing parts of the game and he’s likely getting found out to some degree but I’m not sure O’Connell is more than a Jacoby Brissett type player either.

Just watched the Ravens v Jaguars game. Perfect example with Lamar Jackson of stats not accurately representing a performance. Jackson was superb, under duress constantly but made things happen. Great performance. Lawrence continues to underwhelm though. 

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

O'Connell could've been in the league just as long as Hurts considering they're the same age. AOC just wasn't good enough to produce until he was severely older than almost everyone he was playing against. 

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I see I'm in a debate with someone who doesn't really know Jalen Hurts. Let me clue you in..

First, in regards to Hurts being in the league before O'Connell, he should have been. Hurts had certain advantages that O'Connell never did. Hurts is the son of a football coach who raised him to play the position. 

He's been trained by his father since he was 8 years old. Specifically to be a quarterback. It's shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that he got to the league before a guy like O'Connell did.

That doesn't mean that Jalen will turn out to be better in the long run though. 

Let me clue you in a little bit about the Eagles offense. The first thing you need to know about the Eagles offense is that the Eagles count the box. 

So when the offense gets to the LOS, they count how many players are in the box and from that, they determine if they will run or pass. If they call a run play and they get up to the LOS and see that the D stacked the box, they audible at the line and call a pass play.

In other words, it's a very simplified system that Jalen is running specifically for him.

So let's rewind and recap to back to your point about Jalen being in the league first before O'Connell. 

1) He was raised by his dad who was a football coach who trained him specifically to play the QB position.

2) Through his training he developed his athleticism early on. So he was physically and athletically superior to Aidan at the same age.

3) He plays in a simplified offense designed for him.

Ok, so despite all these advantages Jalen had over Aidan, Jalen still can't read a disguised defense. 

He still leads the league in turnovers and they aren't acceptable turnovers, either. They are turnovers that are egregious that should have.never happened. Mental errors you'd expect from a rookie.

He is regressing. He was never an accurate passer to begin with but now his accuracy is just horrible. 

So when I tell you that I would take someone like Aidan over Hurts bro, it's not without good reason, excellent understanding of the subject, and sound logic. 

Again, I've seen every game Jalen ever played in this league, bro. I won't address this subject with you again after this. We'll agree to disagree.

In the meantime have a great Christmas. 

Edited by PhillyRaider
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ironically, a lot of Bills fans actually feel that way about McDermott at this point. They largely feel that the team has plateaued with him as HC and want something new. 

I remember he was on the hot seat right before Allen started doing good. I could see fans wanting an Offensive coach to get over the hump. McDermott would be a good coach for us to get to the point where there is a hump to overcome. lol

• Like 1