Around The League V.2

Totty

23 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Trevor Lawrence yikes what a terrible season from him

Yeh, he’s been very underwhelming hasn't he? I think most including myself expected him to at least step up and look like a top 10 to 12 QB this year. I never bought into the absurd hype but I still thought he’d be a good QB in that second tier.

Do you think he’s been permanently damaged by Urban Meyer or just was very over hyped?

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Moving the goal posts, eh?

A good 50% of this board was preaching that Carr was finally in the perfect situation and that he'd lead them to the playoffs and contention. I was the only one who said they'd miss the playoffs, but I am somewhat of an expert.

You ain't the only one bro.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Moving the goal posts, eh?

A good 50% of this board was preaching that Carr was finally in the perfect situation and that he'd lead them to the playoffs and contention. I was the only one who said they'd miss the playoffs, but I am somewhat of an expert.

Wrong. I had the Saints missing the playoffs as well in my predictions. 

4 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Wrong. I had the Saints missing the playoffs as well in my predictions. 

19 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

You ain't the only one bro.

I was so confident that the Saints weren't making the playoffs I vowed to leave this forum forever if they did, ask @NickButera

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I was so confident that the Saints weren't making the playoffs I vowed to leave this forum forever if they did, ask @NickButera

Someone quoted that a while back.  I saw that post.  You definitely did.  Lol.

I honestly can't recall whether or not I believed the Saints would make the playoffs.  I honestly think I stayed out of the conversation because I do wish DC well, but I'm pretty sure I believed this exact scenario would happen (8-9 wins). 

Derek Carr always has a rough first season with new HCs, and sure enough he did.  New team, new system, new everything.  So I knew he wasn't good enough to just go in there and rattle off 11+ wins.  He's a slow learner compared to other QBs.  Doesn't mean he's dumb, he's just literally had to learn like 5 systems during his time in the NFL, and if you just look at his stats you'll see that his first season in a new system is always a bad one.

He started to look good again the last 5 games.  But even still, I think the best they will do next season is maybe 9-10 wins.  So they'll once again be a fringe playoff team.  Not just because of DC (because I think he'll be a bit better next season; 30 TDs even), but because I think their defense is going to regress. 

I think their defense is going to fall to middle of the pack next season.  Maybe even bottom 12.  They had 5-6 games this year against 5-6 teams that were ranked in the bottom 6 in the NFL in PPG.  I don't think they'll have that same luck next year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, he’s been very underwhelming hasn't he? I think most including myself expected him to at least step up and look like a top 10 to 12 QB this year. I never bought into the absurd hype but I still thought he’d be a good QB in that second tier.

Do you think he’s been permanently damaged by Urban Meyer or just was very over hyped?

TLaw was good last year, he and the Jags just got banged up and crumbled down the stretch.

Over the last two years he still has a 17-16 record with 8,760 total yards / 55 total TD

Edited by NYRaider

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

TLaw was good last year, he and the Jags just got banged up and crumbled down the stretch.

Over the last two years he still has a 17-16 record with 8,760 total yards / 55 total TD

Actually watching him, it’s like the OC doesn’t trust him. He seems to be second guessing himself a lot. Last season he showed genuine flashes but he really didn’t kick on this year. He hasn’t played well regardless of what the teams win/loss record is this year.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Actually watching him, it’s like the OC doesn’t trust him. He seems to be second guessing himself a lot. Last season he showed genuine flashes but he really didn’t kick on this year. He hasn’t played well regardless of what the teams win/loss record is this year.

He was good last year but didn't really take the next step this year. Losing Christian Kirk, Zay Jones being banged up, and Calvin Ridley being washed certainly didn't help either though.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Unlikely considering he had a better defense, comparable weapons, and a better coaching staff in New Orleans with the easiest schedule in the league / playing in the worst division in football and the Saints only won one more game than us.

We never got to see Jimmy under the young goat head coach Pierce, only JMD who is a hack, Jimmy might have been MVP level under AP.

Nah we saw him 1 drive against broncos… it was ugly, terrible throw so D just played the run lol. 3 and out

jimmy not good my man.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Nah we saw him 1 drive against broncos… it was ugly, terrible throw so D just played the run lol. 3 and out

jimmy not good my man.

Jimmy does suck, lol

It's pretty insane how good Kyle Shanahan is, dude took Jimmy to the Super Bowl and was a play away from beating the Chiefs. Then was a play away from another one a couple of years ago.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy does suck, lol

It's pretty insane how good Kyle Shanahan is, dude took Jimmy to the Super Bowl and was a play away from beating the Chiefs. Then was a play away from another one a couple of years ago.

It is wild. Always has his star players seemingly wide open lol. 

lot of people where shocked they traded so much for cmc too, but, he’s been incredible for them.

took a risk, and it paid off.

hope we take a risk and move up for the qb we like this year!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He was good last year but didn't really take the next step this year. Losing Christian Kirk, Zay Jones being banged up, and Calvin Ridley being washed certainly didn't help either though.

Yeh, that’s the thing. He looked like he was turning the corner last year so expected a big year from him where he silences the doubters and takes the next step and all he’s done is muddy the waters. Interesting to watch next year. 

Just watched the Saints v Falcons game and that coach at the end 😁😁 Does he even realise it’s his job to try and stop the other team from scoring??? Pathetic. 

• Like 1