Around The League V.2

Totty

4 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Just watched the Saints v Falcons game and that coach at the end 😁😁 Does he even realise it’s his job to try and stop the other team from scoring??? Pathetic. 

The funny thing is that Allen told them to kneel but Winston changed the play in the huddle to get Williams his first TD of the season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Just watched the Saints v Falcons game and that coach at the end 😁😁 Does he even realise it’s his job to try and stop the other team from scoring??? Pathetic. 

You can't lineup in victory formation and run a play. That's bush league and teams will tee off on them next time.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You can't lineup in victory formation and run a play. That's bush league and teams will tee off on them next time.

You see Defenders trying to jump over the line all the time... 
it goes both ways.

27 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not in a 41-17 game you don't

So its ok for defenders to do it in a close game, but not O in a blow out? 
would it have been ok for Saints to have done that if score was 21-17?

I honestly think it would be a worse look doing it in a close game
I mean whats the difference between 41-17 and 48-17 lol.

They got blown out regardless... 
they are using the victory formatin TD as an excuse to be angry, but they should be angry at themselves first and foremost. 

I just dont understand getting so angry about a meaningless TD lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

It's called sportsmanship, everybody knew the game was over and the Saints lined up in victory formation, had they lined up like they were running a play it's a different story. The fact that Winston and the players totally ignored the coaches call is another thing.

39 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

It's called sportsmanship, everybody knew the game was over and the Saints lined up in victory formation, had they lined up like they were running a play it's a different story. The fact that Winston and the players totally ignored the coaches call is another thing.

Nothing to do with sportsmanship, it’s not kiddies football and you’re earning millions of dollars. No sympathy whatsoever, you score as much as you can on an opponent as you may play them again and you want to break their will.

27 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

In a 41-17 game you try and make it 48-17 imo 😁

If you line up in the victory formation to kneel, it’s generally a sign you are settling for your points haul, which the other team will respect and not try on the defense.

To fake a kneel down when up 24 and then run the ball in is a terrible look.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

If you line up in the victory formation to kneel, it’s generally a sign you are settling for your points haul, which the other team will respect and not try on the defense.

To fake a kneel down when up 24 and then run the ball in is a terrible look.

I’d agree in a kiddies game but these are grown millionaire men. Tough.

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I’d agree in a kiddies game but these are grown millionaire men. Tough.

If they came out showing that they were going to do run the ball, I’d have no complaints. Run the ball down your rival’s throats and score again - no issues 

But don’t exploit a widely accepted agreement to settle on the game so as to try and avoid any further injury when there’s no need to, and then run it in anyway. It’s a punk move.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If they came out showing that they were going to do run the ball, I’d have no complaints. Run the ball down your rival’s throats and score again - no issues 

But don’t exploit a widely accepted agreement to settle on the game so as to try and avoid any further injury when there’s no need to, and then run it in anyway. It’s a punk move.

Yeh, I can see that. Doesn’t bother me but it’s no different for me than the Chiefs doing their ring of Rosie’s thing, that was basically taking the pi$$ out of us. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This. it’s an unwritten rule for victory formation you don’t do that at any level esp in blowouts. That’s bad business Imo.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This. it’s an unwritten rule for victory formation you don’t do that at any level esp in blowouts. That’s bad business Imo.

It's 100% on Winston, lol