Around The League V.2

Totty

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’m not trying to back up any claim. Watch tape. Bradys arm is still the same as it was. 

Ahh, the old “watch tape” move.  Nice!  So exactly how many All-22s of Brady in ‘19 did you watch to bring you to this inevitable truth.  When faced opposition to your opinion/narrative you can always hit em with “watch tape”, the classic argument from authority.... your authority as the master scout!

lmao. If his arm wasn’t dwindling why did only 2 teams want him.  His own coach had concerns dating back 2 years and didn’t fight to hard to keep him.

is his arm done? No! But it’s definitely not the same.  But I’d still have taken Brady cus like @big_palooka said it’s adequate and he can still win with his brain.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I have already accepted that the NFL season will be pushed back. Thinking mid October start. 

Ok hear me our on this one... if the season gets pushed or even shortened it will certainly be cost the nfl revenue

with the new cba the cap is estimated to go up 30M+ in ‘21.

cite: https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Breaking-down-the-new-CBA-and-the-Packers-salary-cap-Ken-Ingalls-Brian-Gutekunst-145077613/

“With the new CBA comes a windfall of increased salary cap allocation in years 2021 and beyond. Early estimates have the 2021 salary cap increasing over $35-$40 million next season, minimizing the down-the-road consequences of restructuring deals.”

Obviously any chance in games played would affect revenue, not to mention just ticket sales along will be lower.

Would the nfl allow the salary cap to decrease? That’d be devastating to teams, top players would have to be cut around the league.  Or would they maybe increase the cap just slightly and then reduce future caps to cover this subsidy?

I don’t think they would shorten the season. No way the NFL would do that cause they’re so about the money more than any other league cause like u said jim missing games would have huge ramifications towards league revenue team’s revenue and salary cap. I think they would still play full schedule they luckily play only 17 weeks so it’s far more doable then the MLB trying to play a full season once they come back. Just feeling an October start. They will have to make training camp longer and cut a preseason game or two. 

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I don’t think they would shorten the season. No way the NFL would do that cause they’re so about the money more than any other league cause like u said jim missing games would have huge ramifications towards league revenue team’s revenue and salary cap. I think they would still play full schedule they luckily play only 17 weeks so it’s far more doable then the MLB trying to play a full season once they come back. Just feeling an October start. They will have to make training camp longer and cut a preseason game or two. 

Your probably right.  I’d guess they shorten  preseason.  They absolutely couldn’t shorten the season, the salary cap consequences would be crazy.

34 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

DeAndre in KC ugh

yep just saw that, and tbh I wasn't surprised, between need and im sure he felt he should've been kept instead of Richard. not that im nostrodamus or anything....but being a raider fan for 45 yrs? I kinda expected this, like I said they had a need too. what happens when they draft someone like swift or something tho? really , the worst part is the intel to me.lol …..not that andy doesn't know jon.lol

6 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

yep just saw that, and tbh I wasn't surprised, between need and im sure he felt he should've been kept instead of Richard. not that im nostrodamus or anything....but being a raider fan for 45 yrs? I kinda expected this, like I said they had a need too. what happens when they draft someone like swift or something tho? really , the worst part is the intel to me.lol …..not that andy doesn't know jon.lol

I always like DWash. Thought he was under utilized here