Around The League V.2

Totty

23 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yea I get shades of AB seeing him go Twitter crazy and call out a member of the front office. The Jags have to be pissed as this hurts his value.

Kind of wish you could just burry these players like this. Like give them the Milton Waddams (office space) treatment. Move them to the bottom of the depth chart and just let them rot until their contract is up. 

Don't agree with how Yannick is handling it publicly, but it makes you think man there must be something really rotten internally with that Jags franchise. This is what, the 4th young good player that they've recently drafted that will be leaving on extremely bad terms. Fowler, Ramsey, Yannick and apparently soon to be Fournette. 

Remember the scathing NFLPA report on them last year. Over 25 percent of all grievances by players were filed against Jacksonville. NFLPA flat out came out and warned players against signing with them. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Don't agree with how Yannick is handling it publicly, but it makes you think man there must be something really rotten internally with that Jags franchise. This is what, the 4th young good player that they've recently drafted that will be leaving on extremely bad terms. Fowler, Ramsey, Yannick and apparently soon to be Fournette. 

Remember the scathing NFLPA report on them last year. Over 25 percent of all grievances by players were filed against Jacksonville. NFLPA flat out came out and warned players against signing with them. 

They also traded the reigning Walter Payton Man of the Year and one of their few pro bowlers Calais Campbell for a late round pick. They could have kept his salary pretty easily especially if they already had the Bouye trade lined up (for a higher pick).

Edited by Trojan

Yep, I’m afraid the “template” for getting your way has been created. Something is definitely wrong in Jax, no doubt. But I agree with BP, these players nowadays....smh. And the shame is it’s only a few....but everyone gets to share the public’s perception. This kind of garbage is why we had to put in rules for social media in a the motorcycle club I was in. Ya don’t air your dirty laundry in public....imo. I’m just glad character is a big concern for MM , probably even more so after the AB circus!

Just now, Trojan said:

They also traded the reigning Walter Payton Man of the Year and one of their few pro bowlers Calais Campbell for a late round pick. They could have kept his salary pretty easily especially if they already had the Bouye trade lined up (for a higher pick).

They are clearly trying to tank for Lawrence.  But its going to be funny when Lawrence pulls an Elway and Eli and wont play for them. Players around the league talk and Jacksonville has the worst reputation around the league how they treat their players.

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

They are clearly trying to tank for Lawrence.  But its going to be funny when Lawrence pulls an Elway and Eli and wont play for them. Players around the league talk and Jacksonville has the worst reputation around the league how they treat their players.

I'd imagine an 0-3 win season involves a massive front office/coaching staff turnover.
Maybe baby Gruden gets the job if his offense has some success in a failed season.

24 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Well at least Coughlin is gone now

If they are tanking how sad is that, they were a decent team supposedly , everyone was picking them last year, put all the eggs in Foles basket? I don’t even think it was just that, that defense was supposed to be good and sh@t definitely didn’t come out that way? Now they wanna dump everyone and start over? Not like they were an aging team other than a cpl players. And to top it off , they might move sooner or later? No thanks if I was a player. Lol

I think Jacksonville’s problem is their management, owner, and corporate structure.  It’s a total mess there.  Players are treated very poorly and have spread the news.  No matter how much cash and picks you have if the structure of your organization is weak your gonna fail.

• Like 2

I know it’s unlikely that Marqise Lee ever returns to being successful (and he wasn’t never really that productive to begin with) but would anyone want to give him a shot in camp on a vet minimum deal.  A lot of people had real high hopes for Agholor and Lee when at USC.  Lee’s from LA so Oakland/LV is pretty close to home, that might interest him to come here.  I’d much rather draft Lamb+Pittman (or another 2nd/3rd round WR) but if we only end up with one WR I think I might want give the guy a chance.  The cost will be low and i wouldn’t expect a ton but he could be a contributor as a backup WR.

14 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Yep, I’m afraid the “template” for getting your way has been created. Something is definitely wrong in Jax, no doubt. But I agree with BP, these players nowadays....smh. And the shame is it’s only a few....but everyone gets to share the public’s perception. This kind of garbage is why we had to put in rules for social media in a the motorcycle club I was in. Ya don’t air your dirty laundry in public....imo. I’m just glad character is a big concern for MM , probably even more so after the AB circus!

Check this out:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28313851/jaguars-lose-ruling-offseason-workout-fines

Can you imagine if you or your teammate was unfairly fined $700,000?  Coughlin is gone, but the clown show running the team remains.

The Khan's like to keep it classy with their fans, where they are busy running a EPL soccer team into the ground in England.  

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/12/fulham-vice-chairman-tony-khan-tells-fan-go-to-hell-twitter-row

Simple fact is, if you want out, and go quietly to the ownership, and respectfully ask them to trade you, and don't go public, you aren't going anywhere. There's exceptions, but by and large, squeaky wheel gets the grease. These players are in business too, same as the owners. You use what leverage you have. 

And pretty much any team would have taken the high road, and ignored Yannick's completely harmless tweet. Instead, the younger Khan has to engage. Dumb.

Edited by massraider
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I’m not trying to come off as a bigot but I think it’s obvious when you have an Arab cut throat business owner their not going to treat there Players well at all.  It’s a cultural thing.  There’s this sense of “property” arrogance surrounding the Jags holding onto Yannick that goes beyond just tagging a guy.  Wouldn’t be surprised if their nonsense continues a player or two finally alludes to racist allegations.

how can one team have 25% of the grievances?  At least they got rid of Coughlin.  He was trying to hold onto the “old school” management ideals that has pasted him by and be a dictator 24/7.

22 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m not trying to come off as a bigot but I think it’s obvious when you have an Arab cut throat business owner their not going to treat there Players well at all.  It’s a cultural thing.  There’s this sense of “property” arrogance surrounding the Jags holding onto Yannick that goes beyond just tagging a guy.  Wouldn’t be surprised if their nonsense continues a player or two finally alludes to racist allegations.

how can one team have 25% of the grievances?  At least they got rid of Coughlin.  He was trying to hold onto the “old school” management ideals that has pasted him by and be a dictator 24/7.

This is just anecdotal, so people can ignore but:

My only personal knowledge of the Khans is this: 

I worked in London for  year, and ran a club. met three older guys that worked for Fulham. One was an ex-player, kind of an ambassador type. They had nothing but terrible things to say about the Khan family. They said Shad gave the operations to his son to run, like  a toy, and they based their signings completely off of stats, and had no idea how to scout soccer players.  They didn't say anything about treating players bad, just that they were incompetent. 

Where there is smoke, there is fire. And there has been constant smoke around that organization as far as their mistreatment of players. They are trying to trade Fournette right now while they have "anonymous" sources on their staff bashing tf outta him, lowering any value he might've had. Just bizarre.

So yeah while i dont agee with Ngakoue's outburst yesterday, im not going to lump him in with Antonio Brown, especially when he's dealing with that dumpster fire organisation.