Around The League V.2

Totty

12 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think Jacksonville’s problem is their management, owner, and corporate structure.  It’s a total mess there.  Players are treated very poorly and have spread the news.  No matter how much cash and picks you have if the structure of your organization is weak your gonna fail.

The owner seems to only care about the business aspect. Obviously all owners care about the business aspect but they are all football fans. Jags owner just saw a good investment 

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m not trying to come off as a bigot but I think it’s obvious when you have an Arab cut throat business owner their not going to treat there Players well at all.  It’s a cultural thing.  There’s this sense of “property” arrogance surrounding the Jags holding onto Yannick that goes beyond just tagging a guy.  Wouldn’t be surprised if their nonsense continues a player or two finally alludes to racist allegations.

how can one team have 25% of the grievances?  At least they got rid of Coughlin.  He was trying to hold onto the “old school” management ideals that has pasted him by and be a dictator 24/7.

Unfortunately you did

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Not gonna lie...Chargers new unis kinda fire

I’m diggin most of the new ones lately. Except the Falcons/Jets. But the Bucs, Chargers, Patriots are fire imo. 

I still wish the Raiders would rock the color rush as the Default Away jersey. 

Silver Numbers/White 5 games a year and Black Numbers/White 3 games a year would be nice. 

The Raiders White/Silver Numbers and Saints White/Gold Numbers are the two best color rush unis by far. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m diggin most of the new ones lately. Except the Falcons/Jets. But the Bucs, Chargers, Patriots are fire imo. 

I still wish the Raiders would rock the color rush as the Default Away jersey. 

Silver Numbers/White 5 games a year and Black Numbers/White 3 games a year would be nice. 

The Raiders White/Silver Numbers and Saints White/Gold Numbers are the two best color rush unis by far. 

No! You don't mess with perfection. You don't mess with the best uniforms in sports, other than the Chicago Blackhawks.

15 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

No! You don't mess with perfection. You don't mess with the best uniforms in sports, other than the Chicago Blackhawks.

If they do a good job with it then change can be good. Raider fans need to embrace that little changes don't discredit the brand. They actually broaden it. So many that won't even consider uni alts because "TRADITION" "AL" "70s-80s" Autumn WInd". I really hope the NFL approves the Helmet changes for 2021. I think you'll see some cools away alts that I could get behind.

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Unfortunately you did

it is what it is, I’ve been called worse. I can’t help if your overly sensitive and fragile.

regardless of what you think of me, I stand behind what I said.  I think there’s racial undertones to the treatment of the players by Khan.

Edited by jimkelly02

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

it is what it is, I’ve been called worse. I can’t help if your overly sensitive and fragile.

regardless of what you think of me, I stand behind what I said.  I think there’s racial undertones to the treatment of the players by Khan.

I'm not sensitive and fragile and I don't have a problem with you at all. I actually like reading your posts. This country is so divisive right now because of race, why add to it? I think it's against forum rules and I don't want to see you get into trouble.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

The owner seems to only care about the business aspect. Obviously all owners care about the business aspect but they are all football fans. Jags owner just saw a good investment 

I think it’s more than just Khan being a tough businessman.  The Cowboys grossed $95OM and the tv deal pays every team $255M, so I think it’s safe to say the Jags are a business with 500M+ annually. 
when your running such a vast company do your resort to frivolously fining players and withholding pay or not fulfilling contractual agreements?  That’s equivalent to not paying vendors for a normal business.  How well does that work out long term?  

we’re not talking not spending heavy to put a good product on the field.  We’re talking about incredibly petty and frivolous business behavior that doesn’t just effect the entertainment aspect of the team but the bottom line.  Jacksonville has horrible attendance and he’s driving it down further.

Edited by jimkelly02

8 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I'm not sensitive and fragile and I don't have a problem with you at all. I actually like reading your posts. This country is so divisive right now because of race, why add to it? I think it's against forum rules and I don't want to see you get into trouble.

I’m sorry but it seemed like a real cheap shot / name calling.  Sorry it just “erked’ me.  I apologize.

maybe your right, I was trying to be divisive or talk about topics we’re not suppose to.  My understanding was we can’t talk about cops shootings black people, etc.  I didn’t think mentioning that there could be racial undertones to the brewing issues is a violation.  I want condoning it, i said it wasn’t right. If it is illegal here I’ll immediately delete it.  I want to save my strikes for messing with BR, not waste it on a post on the Jags, lol.

Edited by jimkelly02

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m sorry but it seemed like a real cheap shot / name calling.  Sorry it just “erked’ me.  I apologize.

maybe your right, I was trying to be divisive or talk about topics we’re not suppose to.  My understanding was we can’t talk about cops shootings black people, etc.  I didn’t think mentioning that there could be racial undertones to the brewing issues is a violation.  I want condoning it, i said it wasn’t right. If it is illegal here I’ll immediately delete it.  I want to save my strikes for messing with BR, not waste it on a post on the Jags, lol.

LOL. Didn't mean to come off as a cheap shot/ name calling. Sorry for that. You don't need to apologize. It's all good..

• Like 1