Around The League V.2

Totty

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

He likely only has one elite year left followed by 2 or 3 years of solid play after that. He’s 32 coming off injury. 

Only a Super Bowl contender should give up a 1st for him. Packers make the most sense. After the Packers, the Dolphins, Colts, Titans, and Bills all make sense. 

The Patriots and Chargers, who are the two top rumored teams, make no sense to me at all. Neither of those two teams are winning the Super Bowl in the next few years. And definitely not this season. 

LOL Dolphins in the SB?  Tell that to the Vegas odds makers.  You just wont give up on your Tua love will you....

27 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

First round pick is what they want. I want a lot of things doesn’t mean I gonna get them. Like it doesn’t mean they’re gonna get it. No one is gonna give up a first for Julio at the age of 32. 

Eagles wanted a first for Wentz. Teams will always want more then what realistically they can get.

Also truth be told Falcons hands are kind of tied because they’re pretty much forced to trade him cause of their cap issues. It’s him or G.Jarrett and it will be Julio cause of his age. 

I would love Julio on this team but the cost has to be right.  In his prime he is the ideal WR threat we have been lacking. 

He has one solid year left and 1 average one.  He shouldn't play for more than 2 years possibly 3. 

Injury concerns are still a problem for Julio.  For a 3rd I'd do it but I bet ATL gets a 2nd. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

LOL Dolphins in the SB?  Tell that to the Vegas odds makers.  You just wont give up on your Tua love will you....

Dolphins are stacked, they only need Tua to be average. He is not even a big part of my prediction. 

I can also see if the day ever arises that Tua has a good season, you will blame it on the roster and everything you can possibly think of. When Carr had two #1 WR’s in 2015/2016 and the best Pass Protection in the NFL. The point is, you can do it for every QB. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Dolphins are stacked, they only need Tua to be average. He is not even a big part of my prediction. 

I can also see if the day ever arises that Tua has a good season, you will blame it on the roster and everything you can possibly think of. When Carr had two #1 WR’s in 2015/2016 and the best Pass Protection in the NFL. The point is, you can do it for every QB. 

Once again you clearly have no idea what a number 1 WR is if you think Crabs and Houdini aka Cooper are clear cut number 1's. 

I suppose James Jones is a number 1 WR too according to your criteria. He was a "number 1" on our trash roster. DHB was a number 1 too LOL  

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Once again you clearly have no idea what a number 1 WR is if you think Crabs and Houdini aka Cooper are clear cut number 1's. 

I suppose James Jones is a number 1 WR too according to your criteria. He was a "number 1" on our trash roster. DHB was a number 1 too LOL  

Not a fan of Cooper and I think he is soft but he is still a WR1 in this league. A low tier WR1, but still a WR1. And if you ranked up every WR in the NFL, he is about the 20th best WR. If you think you are majority opinion, go make a thread on it, most will agree Cooper is a WR1. 

As for the Dolphins, they will have a Top 5 Defense, I’m super high on Flores as a coach, and I think their young offensive talent such as Tua, Austin Jackson, and Jaylen Waddle will make some strides. Gesicki can also be argued as a Top 10 TE. Also, DeVante Parker looked like a clear #1 WR in 2019 before getting injured again in 2020. 

Edited by BayRaider

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Not a fan of Cooper and I think he is soft but he is still a WR1 in this league. A low tier WR1, but still a WR1. And if you ranked up every WR in the NFL, he is about the 20th best WR. If you think you are majority opinion, go make a thread on it, most will agree Cooper is a WR1. 

As for the Dolphins, they will have a Top 5 Defense, I’m super high on Flores as a coach, and I think their young offensive talent such as Tua, Austin Jackson, and Jaylen Waddle will make some strides. Gesicki can also be argued as a Top 10 TE. Also, DeVante Parker looked like a clear #1 WR in 2019 before getting injured again in 2020. 

You throw the term #1 WR around very loosely. 

So according to your metric was James Jones a number 1 WR in 2014 or DHB a number 1 in 2011?  

Who's our number WR 1 this year?

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

12 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

So according to your metric was James Jones a number 1 WR in 2014 or DHB a number 1 in 2011?  

Who's our number WR 1 this year?

No, I don’t think any of those guys are #1 WR’s. I think there are 19 #1 WR’s in the NFL and personally had Cooper #19 out of 19. Check my WR Tournament in NFL comparisons. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Since Cooper entered the league in 2015:

1. Julio Jones: 570 catches, 8,566 yards (15.0 ypc), 34 TD

2. DeAndre Hopkins: 619 catches, 7,997 yards (12.9 ypc), 52 TD

3. Mike Evans: 464 catches, 7,215 yards (15.5 ypc), 43 TD

4. Antonio Brown: 496 catches, 6,487 yards (13.1 ypc), 51 TD

5. Brandin Cooks: 430 catches, 6,330 yards (14.7 ypc), 37 TD

6. Jarvis Landry: 552 catches, 6,270 yards (11.4 ypc), 30 TD

7. Amari Cooper: 449 catches, 6,211 yards (13.8 ypc), 38 TD

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t want Julio (for a 1st, anyways) because he is older and we aren’t a Super Bowl contending team. We would just waste him. 

The Falcons won't get much for Julio, it's a salary dump.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

2nd sign me up.

I wouldn't give up a 2nd. When we traded Randy Moss, who was 29 at the time, we got a 4th round pick. Julio is going to be 35 with a $20M cap hit. For a team that's in win now mode it makes sense but adding Julio isn't going to put us over the top. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't give up a 2nd. When we traded Randy Moss, who was 29 at the time, we got a 4th round pick. Julio is going to be 35 with a $20M cap hit. For a team that's in win now mode it makes sense but adding Julio isn't going to put us over the top. 

A 2nd Round Pick is nothing. Don't over value draft picks. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

A 2nd Round Pick is nothing. Don't over value draft picks. 

His cap number is huge for a guy coming off of an injury plagued season. How often do mid 30 year old receivers coming off of injuries sustain production? I'd rather roll with the group we have and if we're going to pursue a high priced WR, try to acquire Adams in free agency next off-season.