Around The League V.2

Totty

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Not a fan of Cooper and I think he is soft but he is still a WR1 in this league. A low tier WR1, but still a WR1. And if you ranked up every WR in the NFL, he is about the 20th best WR. If you think you are majority opinion, go make a thread on it, most will agree Cooper is a WR1. 

As for the Dolphins, they will have a Top 5 Defense, I’m super high on Flores as a coach, and I think their young offensive talent such as Tua, Austin Jackson, and Jaylen Waddle will make some strides. Gesicki can also be argued as a Top 10 TE. Also, DeVante Parker looked like a clear #1 WR in 2019 before getting injured again in 2020. 

Dolphins are a strange one to me, think they caught lightning in a bottle a little last year like we did in 2016. They are a good roster but I think they regress back to the mean this year, they looked pretty average against us and only our awful situational awareness cost us the win really, we didn't play great whole game either. Not sold on the Dolphins but if course there are numerous teams that surprise or exceed expectations every year.....

16 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Dolphins are a strange one to me, think they caught lightning in a bottle a little last year like we did in 2016. They are a good roster but I think they regress back to the mean this year, they looked pretty average against us and only our awful situational awareness cost us the win really, we didn't play great whole game either. Not sold on the Dolphins but if course there are numerous teams that surprise or exceed expectations every year.....

The Dolphins were 1-4 against teams with winning records with a -37 point differential and 10-2 against teams that didn't have winning records with a +101 point differential. I know the 10-6 record looks impressive on paper but they had a pretty soft schedule. 

Their wins came against: Jacksonville (1-15), San Francisco (6-10), Jets x2 (2-14), Rams (10-6), Cardinals (8-8), Chargers (7-9), Bengals (4-11-1), Patriots (7-9), Raiders (8-8). 

• Like 3

Just now, NYRaider said:

The Dolphins were 1-4 against teams with winning records with a -37 point differential and 10-2 against teams that didn't have winning records with a +101 point differential. I know the 10-6 record looks impressive on paper but they had a pretty soft schedule. 

Their wins came against: Jacksonville (1-15), San Francisco (6-10), Jets x2 (2-14), Rams (10-6), Cardinals (8-8), Chargers (7-9), Bengals (4-11-1), Patriots (7-9), Raiders (8-8). 

Interesting.......that's not to say I don't like what they're doing down there and I do like their HC but I think they're not quite as good as their record showed. Little surprised they got rid of Kyle Van Noy too as I though he was a catalyst for them on defence last year, though the cap hit was big.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The quarterbacks the Dolphins beat last year included: Gardner Minshew, CJ Beathard, Joe Flacco, Jared Goff, Kyler Murray, Justin Herbert, Sam Darnold, Brandon Allen, Cam Newton, and Derek Carr. 

And they should never have beaten us 😤 still makes me mad they did!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

if you think about it, we are going to be loaded in cap space in 2022. projected to have 54m

QB: DC

RB: Jacobs, Drake

WR: Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow

TE: Waller, Moreau

OL: Miller, James, Simpson/Good, Leatherwood

DL: Yannick, Max, Ferell, Koonce

LB: Littleton, Kwit, Deablo

DBs: Mullen, Arnette, Moehrig, Abram

54 m to add a new starting G, star WR(depends how JB, Ruggs, Edwards do), DT, CB

plus the entire 2022 draft with all our picks. I'm not as pessimistic as many on this board. Make the playoffs this year, make a few splash free agents and be contenders by next year. we have a nice young team

Edited by Humble_Beast

On 5/25/2021 at 12:46 AM, NYRaider said:

The schedule was a joke for them. They have some nice pieces, but they are media darlings and we are chopped liver, even though I think this roster is right there now.