Around The League V.2

Totty

17 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

The biggest problem with this thought, is I think Most Carr fans have been saying we need to fix the D. 
Carr haters, seem to be the ones saying keep stacking the O so Carr gets the help to look decent. 

There is truth to this.  

I don't think anyone is arguing that Carr is untouchable.  I think that the Carr supporters are simply saying the defense needs to be on par before we jettison an above average QB for another one and don't fix the actual issues.  Not saying Carr doesn't have his WTF moments.  

I am all for adding to the offense to pad leads, and keep the proverbial foot on the throat in a game.  But I am also for fixing the defense and keeping it 31-17 instead of 31-30.  We can put all the shootout games you want to on DCs shoulders, but he ain't the one giving up the points, even if he fumbles or throws a disastrous pick.  The defense should be able to be counted on to keep us from losing as much as he is responsible for winning.  IDK his comeback stats but IK they're up there.  

I think I am for both fixing the D and adding to the O.  Any advantage we can get.  I am for Julio at the right price.  I am for adding any defensive playmaker for the right price.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Totty said:

There is truth to this.  

I don't think anyone is arguing that Carr is untouchable.  I think that the Carr supporters are simply saying the defense needs to be on par before we jettison an above average QB for another one and don't fix the actual issues.  Not saying Carr doesn't have his WTF moments.  

I am all for adding to the offense to pad leads, and keep the proverbial foot on the throat in a game.  But I am also for fixing the defense and keeping it 31-17 instead of 31-30.  We can put all the shootout games you want to on DCs shoulders, but he ain't the one giving up the points, even if he fumbles or throws a disastrous pick.  The defense should be able to be counted on to keep us from losing as much as he is responsible for winning.  IDK his comeback stats but IK they're up there.  

I think I am for both fixing the D and adding to the O.  Any advantage we can get.  I am for Julio at the right price.  I am for adding any defensive playmaker for the right price.  

i dont know how this is so hard to understand for some. No one on here has said Carr is untouchable or even elite, just that he isnt the problem and before we move on we should try and fix bigger issues. Changing QBs and keeping the defense is asking for more of the same. If we have a top 20ish defense we make the playoffs. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

i dont know how this is so hard to understand for some. No one on here has said Carr is untouchable or even elite, just that he isnt the problem and before we move on we should try and fix bigger issues. Changing QBs and keeping the defense is asking for more of the same. If we have a top 20ish defense we make the playoffs. 

100%. Carr isn't elite.  He has made elite throws.  Made elite decisions at times.  But he makes the unthinkable mistake from time to time.  I'll sit in my living room with ~2:00 minutes to go and literally go "nothing stupid Derek".   That doesn't mean I don't think we cannot win with him.  Our offense should be potent.  We have the means to put points on the board.  If we can drop our points given up by 5 or 6, we are perennial playoff contenders.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Totty said:

100%. Carr isn't elite.  He has made elite throws.  Made elite decisions at times.  But he makes the unthinkable mistake from time to time.  I'll sit in my living room with ~2:00 minutes to go and literally go "nothing stupid Derek".   That doesn't mean I don't think we cannot win with him.  Our offense should be potent.  We have the means to put points on the board.  If we can drop our points given up by 5 or 6, we are perennial playoff contenders.  

The biggest issue with Carr the last two seasons is that he has played significantly worse down the stretch when we were in playoff contention. 

On 6/1/2021 at 12:30 PM, NYRaider said:

But he's probably going to want a raise from $12M to around $20M minimum. 

At some point it’s just not worth trading a high pick (Day 2) For him.  There’s value in getting a 32 year old Jones at a cost of 15,12,12m.  But if he wants a new deal that costs 60m..... run away.  There is no way he’s gonna be worth that money let alone having to give uP A pick.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 1:59 PM, NYRaider said:

The biggest issue with Carr the last two seasons is that he has played significantly worse down the stretch when we were in playoff contention. 

I wouldn't say it was him, but Gruden lacked creative. Almost everyone agrees