Around The League V.2

Totty

Am I the only one that thinks Baker Mayfield is highly overrated?  The dude has one of the best rushing attacks, best WR corps, and a good OL.  I think he is super overhyped like Jared Goff was when the Rams offense was taking the NFL by storm.  I think he's just a product of the talent around him and the quality of coaching he received last year.  I think he's an average QB.

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

Am I the only one that thinks Baker Mayfield is highly overrated?  The dude has one of the best rushing attacks, best WR corps, and a good OL.  I think he is super overhyped like Jared Goff was when the Rams offense was taking the NFL by storm.  I think he's just a product of the talent around him and the quality of coaching he received last year.  I think he's an average QB.

Baker is definitely overrated, he has a stacked team around him and last year was his most productive season with 3,500 passing yards and 26 TD. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Baker is definitely overrated, he has a stacked team around him and last year was his most productive season with 3,500 passing yards and 26 TD. 

Just blows my mind how often I see him rated in the top 10.  "Analysts" talking about how he can lead his team on a deep playoff run.  He's Jimmy G all over again.  Excellent running game and defense with really good WRs on top of all that.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Just blows my mind how often I see him rated in the top 10.  "Analysts" talking about how he can lead his team on a deep playoff run.  He's Jimmy G all over again.  Excellent running game and defense with really good WRs on top of all that.

Winning changes narratives 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Agreed, Baker is definitely solid but he's not elite. Cleveland had a top 3 rushing attack last season and their OL kept him clean all year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Winning changes narratives 

Agreed but their season last year reminds me a lot of our 2016 season. Baker only had 12 wins in 30 games through his first two seasons. They went 11-5 last year but only 3 of those wins came against teams that finished with winning records. And one of those wins was against the Steelers in week 17 when they sat all of their starters. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Agreed but their season last year reminds me a lot of our 2016 season. Baker only had 12 wins in 30 games through his first two seasons. They went 11-5 last year but only 3 of those wins came against teams that finished with winning records. And one of those wins was against the Steelers in week 17 when they sat all of their starters. 

Alex Smith what’s considered a bust for like eight years and then harbaugh shows up, The Niners start winning and the narrative on Alex smith changes

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Alex Smith what’s considered a bust for like eight years and then harbaugh shows up, The Niners start winning and the narrative on Alex smith changes

Alex Smith was never considered a top 10 QB though, he was always considered a game manager. The Browns had the third easiest schedule in the league last year and only beat 2 teams with winning records with their starters playing. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Alex Smith was never considered a top 10 QB though, he was always considered a game manager. The Browns had the third easiest schedule in the league last year and only beat 2 teams with winning records with their starters playing. 

Very similar to the 2016 raiders schedule.