Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I liked the assets we recieved/saved shipping Cooper out. But damn did we ever blow them.

Here's my take when the defensive coordinator isnt not good 20 million doesn't mean much. Itll get you...

-Lamarcus Joyner(the slot corner version) 8 mil

-Cory Littleton(the trash version) 

Then players like Chris Harris and Byron Jones will pass on you even though you were going to pay them more

But when the defensive coordinator is good. Then it'll get you..

-KJ Wright 

-Yannick Ngakue 

-Gerald Mccoy 

-Casey Hayward 

-Darius Philon

Because what happens is players that are actually good I could probably get more money for other bad defenses will come play for you. Also know which type of players to pursue in free agency that are cost-effective and fit what you want to do defensively. 

That's why I take the 20 million every time

On 9/10/2021 at 8:16 AM, Geezy said:

guys are bitching about everything and the season hasnt even started yet lol i dont get how you can be a fan of a team and just have a complete negative outlook all the time. i understand everything isnt perfect, but there are things to be optimistic about and id at the very least see what it looks like before coming to a negative conclusion. its not like were 2-14 and have nothing going for ourselves. Seems like a waste of time if im being honest. 

I think most of what we complain about are the moves Gruden has made over the past 3 seasons that we did not like when they happened and we were proven correct.  A but of what if's right before the season.  As an example the Cooper trade was a good trade until we blew all the assets.  I would rather have kept Cooper then redo what we did.    It is very frustrating looking back.  Before Gruden got here we mostly just debated whether Carr was really going to be that good or if we where finally going to can KNJ.  Gruden is the problem because he is a great coach but a horrible personnel guy.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Watching LAC/WAS and Bosa is killing rookie RT Sam Cosmi.

Chargers Offense looked great on their 1st drive but did nothing on the next 2. Their pass pro is good against a great dline on paper though.

Herbert has all day to throw though.