Around The League V.2

Totty

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr good? Overcoming adversity? We had a Bottom 5 offense in the NFL averaging about 17 points a game from the Giant game onwards. The defense wasn’t great but they are what carried us. 

People on here still cease to amaze me. 

Right? They never cease to amaze me either. Like those that don't factor in head coaching scandals, your top WR weapon killing someone, and your top three TE in the league missing a lot of games possibly attributing to late season issues on the offense. 

Craziness

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

3 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

The idea that Tua is better than Carr is laughable, he is trash. However I am more and more in the move Carr camp, good QB but not a championship winning one 

I never said Tua is better than Carr right now, and have never ranked him above Carr in any rankings. Not even close actually. Don’t listen to Frankie who puts words in other peoples mouth. What I have said is it’s almost impossible not to have a better career than Carr unless you totally bust. 

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah I don’t get it. The offense was literally atrocious from the Giant game onwards with only the Cowboy game being good. 

Carr good? Overcoming adversity? We had a Bottom 5 offense in the NFL averaging about 17 points a game from the Giant game onwards. The defense wasn’t great but they are what carried us. 

People on here still cease to amaze me. 

its crazy we were carried by a defense that was 27th in scoring and forced a whopping 15 turnovers which was 30th in the league, but continue....

lmao!

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Right? They never cease to amaze me either. Like those that don't factor in head coaching scandals, your top WR weapon killing someone, and your top three TE in the league missing a lot of games possibly attributing to late season issues on the offense. 

Craziness

You guys have been making every excuse for Carr for EIGHT years and NEVER stop, and NEVER will stop. You’re emotionally attached. Carr’s situation wasn’t ideal but if you think other QB’s would of did as bad as him, you’re wrong. Other QB’s create out of nothing. Allen, Mahomes, Wilson. Rodgers, Brady will throw with tiny separation and get the ball in there. Carr cannot match those two on ball placement, especially Rodgers. Carr does NOT throw unless separation is ideal. One of my pet peeves of his for years. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You think Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Allen, Wilson, etc would of done as bad as Carr in this situation and a Bottom 5 Offense in the league? You are the one who is not understanding. They create out of nothing. If you really think they would of done as bad as Carr and we would of averaged 17 points a game, you have blinders are. 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

its crazy we were carried by a defense that was 27th in scoring and forced a whopping 15 turnovers which was 30th in the league, but continue....

lmao!

Just like it's crazy we were carried by a QB who led one of the worse scoring offenses over the second half of the year, and was 2nd in the league in QB turnovers behind rookie Trevor Lawrence.

Edited by SilverNBlackFan
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Guess game winning drives don’t count for anything lolololol 

Not really. How many times in his 8 year career has the offense stalled with a lead and let team hang around? I personally like QBs who know how to close out teams and remove this stat from the equation. 

I've watched Carr go dead with a lead often only to open it back up when he has to. Again, consistency the overarching issue with him for years now.

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is the part people are not getting. You don't know someone is an "upgrade" until it's happened. A rookie, even the most hyped rookie, still has to prove it. 

KC had no reason to believe Mahomes was an upgrade over Smith. They bet on his upside and ability to develop him. It's always a 50/50 proposition with rookies. 

The only "upgrade" is trading for a better QB. Otherwise, you have to draft and develop that upgrade.

KC believed in Mahomes plenty thats why they moved up to go get him, he wasnt high on the radar then, but its obvious now he has all the tools, and Andy Reid saw something the rest of us didnt. Also, you bring up development, until we have someone with that coaching ilk, color me skeptical in developing a QB. Im all for drafting a QB, but like ive said i dont see anyone id strap my trailer to this year. Im not making a move to make a move. Only way it makes sense for me is if we trade for assets and load up to make a splash in '23 where the prospects seem to be much better than this year. Im not putting myself in position to trade a franchise QB just to go draft a Christian Ponder. Its a hard sell for me as a first year GM to an owner coming off a playoff appearance. If this class was loaded, id be open to trading Carr for picks to be able to move up and have that extra cap space to build a better roster. 

One thing Carr fans always ignore, because it’s actually not even up for debate, is his fumble problem. He will always lead the league in fumbles due to his tiny hands. This is one of the reasons he doesn’t scramble. If he plays a full career, he will shatter the fumble record. He is a turnover machine. Except only INT’s are turnovers to Carr fans. 

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

lmao!

No real argument here. The offense averaged 17 points per game post Thanksgiving. The Defense held things together down the stretch. If not for the defense and luck with opponents covid situations, this team doesn't make the playoffs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Just like it's crazy we were carried by a QB who led one of the worse scoring offenses over the second half of the year, and was 2nd in the league in QB turnovers behind rookie Trevor Lawrence.

good thing he started hot with his play caller and all his weapons at his disposal. If we dont go 5-2 to start the year, we wouldnt have been able to stay in it. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

No real argument here. The offense averaged 17 points per game post Thanksgiving. The Defense held things together down the stretch. If not for the defense and luck with opponents covid situations, this team doesn't make the playoffs. 

Crazy we werent lighting up scoreboards with Zay Jones, DJax and Renfrow. Oh and the OL wasnt too hot either. 

Just now, Geezy said:

KC believed in Mahomes plenty thats why they moved up to go get him, he wasnt high on the radar then, but its obvious now he has all the tools, and Andy Reid saw something the rest of us didnt. Also, you bring up development, until we have someone with that coaching ilk, color me skeptical in developing a QB. Im all for drafting a QB, but like ive said i dont see anyone id strap my trailer to this year. Im not making a move to make a move. Only way it makes sense for me is if we trade for assets and load up to make a splash in '23 where the prospects seem to be much better than this year. Im not putting myself in position to trade a franchise QB just to go draft a Christian Ponder. Its a hard sell for me as a first year GM to an owner coming off a playoff appearance. If this class was loaded, id be open to trading Carr for picks to be able to move up and have that extra cap space to build a better roster. 

This right here, I completely agree with. First thing is first. You need to get the right HC and staff around whatever QB you decide to bring in. Hence liking a Jim Harbaugh for this job. 

And also agree. I'm only making a move as it relates to what compensation I can get and does it put me in a spot to select the QBOTF.

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

good thing he started hot with his play caller and all his weapons at his disposal. If we dont go 5-2 to start the year, we wouldnt have been able to stay in it. 

Worth noting. 6 wins this season came in walk off fashion. That is not sustainable and the kind of thing you look back a year later on wonder how your team won 10 games only to 5 the following season. Team needs to learn how to put games away. Again, coaching hire is paramount to all of this. 

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Carr starts the year hot every year then fades. Blame the playcaller or Ruggs all you want, that's been his M.O for 8 years.