Around The League V.2

Totty

5 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

There were a few false starts not called on the Bengals. Which is surprising as the refs usually don’t ever miss those

Yeah if you watch both games closely, you would think the refs are clearly favoring the Bengals….

• Like 2

You know the refs are going to favor the Chiefs.  Mahomes is at the top of the QB hierarchy right now.  I am sure the league wants to see Burrow make a game of it against KC so they can manufacture another rivalry.  I am just wondering when the league is going to start calling the illegal picks the Chiefs run on crossing routes.  Towards the end of the game Kelce just hit the DB freeing up Hardman in the middle of the field.  

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agreed. You can talk about supporting cast all you want. These dudes have an it factor Carr doesn't have. Even Burrow. Dude was sacked 9 times and still fought back. They have a bottom 5 Oline, but they don't make excuses. No quit in that guy. Can you imagine if Carr was sacked 9 times in a game? 

but Burrow does have better cast and was 1 playb away from going to OT vs Carr.. logic doest make much sense. 

30 minutes ago, roi34 said:

but Burrow does have better cast and was 1 playb away from going to OT vs Carr.. logic doest make much sense. 

Exactly.  Give Carr Mixon, Chase, Higgins and Boyd and a superior D then give Burrow Jones, Edwards, Renfrow, Jacobs and an inferior D and see who wins.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly.  Give Carr Mixon, Chase, Higgins and Boyd and a superior D then give Burrow Jones, Edwards, Renfrow, Jacobs and an inferior D and see who wins.  

Give Carr Burrow's Oline, let him get sacked 9 times and we'd get to see the cry face again.

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Give Carr Burrow's Oline, let him get sacked 9 times and we'd get to see the cry face again.

Carr sacked 9 times, regardless of supporting cast, and that game is like 27-13 Titans. Burrow is way mentally tougher than Derek Carr. Am I allowed to say that now…?

Still have never understood the extreme lengths to defend Carr. Good not great QB first half of the season. Bad to Average second half of the season. Pretty average overall. Not a guy that really overcomes adversity either. That defense carried this team the final four games of the season. Carr was average at best tbh. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr sacked 9 times, regardless of supporting cast, and that game is like 27-13 Titans. Burrow is way mentally tougher than Derek Carr. Am I allowed to say that now…?

Still have never understood the extreme lengths to defend Carr. Good not great QB first half of the season. Bad to Average second half of the season. Pretty average overall. Not a guy that really overcomes adversity either. That defense carried this team the final four games of the season. Carr was average at best tbh. 

id say burrow is tougher mentally yes. Carr to me isn't that weak though either. feel like it's overhyped. 

Carr is a solid qb, would i take burrow, mahomes, allen, herbert over him.. yes

Does he have the same type of weapons and/or def as any of the guys on that list? no 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Agreed. You can talk about supporting cast all you want. These dudes have an it factor Carr doesn't have. Even Burrow. Dude was sacked 9 times and still fought back. They have a bottom 5 Oline, but they don't make excuses. No quit in that guy. Can you imagine if Carr was sacked 9 times in a game? 

Lmao he was also gifted a few extra possessions. Maybe Carr don’t get sacked 9 times because he gets rid of the ball. Burrow has a similar OL to DC, be he also has Chase, Boyd, Higgins and Mixon. 

Edited by Geezy

5 hours ago, true2form said:

It's easy to say one way or another when it comes to supporting cast.  We will probably never know what Carr could do with 3 #1 WR's and a top flight RB like Burrow has or the plethora of weapons Mahomes lucked into.

We may get to see what Burrow and Mahomes would become without them, but It wouldn't be for a few years at least.

Having top tier skill players can allow you to overcome other mediocre players. Carr gets bashed a lot and in some cases good reason. 

Redzone, fumbles, wussy, too religious.  Fine whatever.

However, to say he doesn't have the it-factor while leading this team to so many wins in those situations doesn't compute for me.  Most fans remember the handful of losses or boneheaded mistakes instead. 24 comebacks and 30 game winning drives, both top 20 of all-time, makes me feel differently.

I work in IT and I see it every day.  No ones thinks about the 99.9% of the time everything is running smoothly.  It's the .1% when they couldn't print, email, etc. that they talk about.

How is it possible for you to watch that game yesterday and say if Carr had another #1 WR he could compete with that? 

55 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

How is it possible for you to watch that game yesterday and say if Carr had another #1 WR he could compete with that? 

Why even play the games with this philosophy, why not crown KC right now as the SB winners.  They clearly have the bst QB who is surrounded with top talent across the board?  Are you telling me that "inferior" QB's can't compete against these great QB's?  If that is the case explain to me how a QB like Jimmy G and the 49ers beat Rogers or how a "great QB" like Watson wins 4 games.  

You guys clearly missed the football 101 that teaches you that football is a team sport. 

Carr is not Mahomes or Allen, that is a given but how many QB's are?  Three or four in that caliber?  Carr is a pretty damn good QB who lead a below average roster to the playoffs.  

If we had a GM like @BayRaider who wanted to trade Carr for a second rounder, move up in the draft to take the "can't miss stud" QB from Bama named Tua and this is a 4 to 6 win team.  You clowns would be begging for Carr if we were stuck with a worthless bum like that!

• Like 3

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Why even play the games with this philosophy, why not crown KC right now as the SB winners.  They clearly have the bst QB who is surrounded with top talent across the board?  Are you telling me that "inferior" QB's can't compete against these great QB's?  If that is the case explain to me how a QB like Jimmy G and the 49ers beat Rogers or how a "great QB" like Watson wins 4 games.  

You guys clearly missed the football 101 that teaches you that football is a team sport. 

Carr is not Mahomes or Allen, that is a given but how many QB's are?  Three or four in that caliber?  Carr is a pretty damn good QB who lead a below average roster to the playoffs.  

If we had a GM like @BayRaider who wanted to trade Carr for a second rounder, move up in the draft to take the "can't miss stud" QB from Bama named Tua and this is a 4 to 6 win team.  You clowns would be begging for Carr if we were stuck with a worthless bum like that!

Because how did we ever beat them in the first place?