Sooners' Kyler Murray officially declares for NFL draft

TheKillerNacho

I don't really care that he's 5'10 just like nobody should've cared that Russell Wilson was 5'10. The kid has a strong arm, he's accurate, seems intelligent, seems like a quick learner given how he's been able to excel in two different sports at once, and is electric with the ball in his hands. He's a good NFL prospect who will have his many detractors due to size just like Baker did last year. Hindsight is 20/20 but there were very, very few on this board that called him going no.1 overall prior to the draft rumors coming out.

Plus is it really a coincidence that Kingsbury goes to the team with the no.1 overall pick and right afterwards Murray has reportedly changed his mind and is going to declare for the NFL draft? C'mon people, you're smarter than that. There's literally a video of him saying he would take him no.1 overall if he had the chance.

14 minutes ago, jjab360 said:

Plus is it really a coincidence that Kingsbury goes to the team with the no.1 overall pick and right afterwards Murray has reportedly changed his mind and is going to declare for the NFL draft? C'mon people, you're smarter than that. There's literally a video of him saying he would take him no.1 overall if he had the chance.

Good call, except the bolded part

1 hour ago, jjab360 said:

I don't really care that he's 5'10 just like nobody should've cared that Russell Wilson was 5'10. The kid has a strong arm, he's accurate, seems intelligent, seems like a quick learner given how he's been able to excel in two different sports at once, and is electric with the ball in his hands. He's a good NFL prospect who will have his many detractors due to size just like Baker did last year. Hindsight is 20/20 but there were very, very few on this board that called him going no.1 overall prior to the draft rumors coming out.

Russell Wilson weighs like 40 pounds more, though.

OverTheCap has a lengthy article on potential earnings in MLB vs NFL

https://overthecap.com/kyler-murray-nfl-decision/

Most of you don't have the attention span for it, so I'll tell you the answer

He can earn more as an NFL QB than he will as an MLB Outfielder,  given a 10 year career

However, that part is in question given his slight build, as noted by others

14 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Russell Wilson weighs like 40 pounds more, though.

7 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

His height isn't nearly the concern his weight is to me. 180 pounds is incredibly light (the only players who play at this weight are kickers and some secondary/receivers but even then that's small) - and his frame looks like it would get snapped in half at the NFL level.

Logically, why would a WR be able to handle punishment at that size and not a QB? It's pretty clear which position takes more hits in today's NFL.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Kyler Murray sucks?  That's news to me.  He was really damn awesome this year.  I think he's going to be good at the next level.

He was awesome when he and his team could out-talent everyone. When they faced their biggest competition in Alabama, he looked like a boy among men. And it won't get easier at the next level.

Archived