Chiefs vs Colts: Divisional Round

Chiefer

Who wins?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Chiefs
    • Colts

Luck's a top 10 quarterback, easily, but his turnover problem keeps him out of the top 5. He's basically a slightly better Ben Roethlisberger, which is a quarterback 85% of the franchises would happily take, but not quite the future legend he was made out to be coming into the league. Had Indy not been such a horribly ran team for his first five years, maybe things would have turned out differently.

Wow some big praise for Mahomes in these last few posts. 

He probably won't win as many championships as Brady because it is extremely hard to win multiple championships but I am real confident that he will be one of the greatest QBs of all time.

People need to see more and they will see more.

He will be constantly throwing 35+ TDs every year.

He could thrive even with below average Oline play or receiving weapons.

He has a strong mental. He has it all.

You guys remember when Peyton Manning won that Super Bowl with the Colts?  I remember that year vividly.  The Colts defense during the regular season was absolutely HORRENDOUS.  It was so awful.  The talk going into the playoffs was how terrible their defense was and how Manning and that elite offense would have to carry them in the postseason.  During the postseason, almost literally the exact opposite ended up happening.  Somehow, the Colts defense transformed from being the worst regular season defense that year (or one of the worst) to being very good in the postseason.  The defense carried their load and then some. 

That's the vibe I got from watching the Chiefs yesterday.  One of the worst defensive teams in the league going up against a red hot Colts team and that defense played great.  Of course Mahomes and that offense was excellent as well, but the Chiefs defense showed up big time yesterday.

36 minutes ago, showtime said:

You guys remember when Peyton Manning won that Super Bowl with the Colts?  I remember that year vividly.  The Colts defense during the regular season was absolutely HORRENDOUS.  It was so awful.  The talk going into the playoffs was how terrible their defense was and how Manning and that elite offense would have to carry them in the postseason.  During the postseason, almost literally the exact opposite ended up happening.  Somehow, the Colts defense transformed from being the worst regular season defense that year (or one of the worst) to being very good in the postseason.  The defense carried their load and then some. 

That's the vibe I got from watching the Chiefs yesterday.  One of the worst defensive teams in the league going up against a red hot Colts team and that defense played great.  Of course Mahomes and that offense was excellent as well, but the Chiefs defense showed up big time yesterday.

That Dline definitely won the battle against a good Oline 3 sacks and a fumble.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Bob Sanders missed 12 regular season games that year and got healthy in time for the playoffs and that was the year that MLB Rob Morris finally played like a 1st round draft pick. 

13 hours ago, showtime said:

Mahomes is the best QB in the game.  When you watch him play, it's just undeniable.  I realize he needs to put in more time and show that he can consistently be great over the years, but this man is just unbelievable.  The way he plays the game - scrambling, creating when plays break down, throwing left handed, flip passes, sidearm throws, throwing on the run, etc.  It looks like the game is extremely easy to him.  He's able to read defenses pre-snap and on the fly during a play.  The chemistry he has with his receivers is unreal for someone who is in their very first year as a starter.

It's just remarkable and we've never seen anything like it.

I cant believe he lasted to pick 10.

His college film was electric

14 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Listen i do agree people have overreacted to Luck, but you’re going too far too. Do I think Russ is better? Yeah. But the gap isn’t huge as you make it out to be. Russ is not immune to these type of games too. Using the Raiders is a bad example too given how they’re division rivals. How else do you explain how the Giants were able to move the very well vs Cowboys defense yet the Seahawks and Saints struggled? Luck deserves absolute criticism for this game but man you guys on here are just kings of hot takes.

He benefits from a yearly soft schedule and laid an egg with the season on the line. He deserves al the criticism he gets.

Archived