The one where the Steelers do all the trades (1 round)

aldashex86

Trades

49ers trade #2 overall to the Steelers for #20 overall and Antonio Brown

Steelers trade #2 overall to the Giants for #6, #37, #127, and their 2020 1st rounder

Steelers Trade #6 and #83 overall to the Broncos for #9, #41, and #196

1. Arizona Cardinals - Nick Bosa [ EDGE ] Ohio State

2. New York Giants from Steelers via 49ers – Dwayne Haskins [ QB ] Ohio State

3. New York Jets - Jonah Williams [ OT ] Alabama

4. Oakland Raiders - Josh Allen [ EDGE ]

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jawaan Taylor [ OT ] Florida

6. Denver Broncos from Steelers via Giants - Daniel Jones [ QB ] Duke

7. Jacksonville Jaguars – Quinnen Williams [ DL ] Alabama

8. Detroit Lions - Greedy Williams [ CB ] LSU

9. Pittsburgh Steelers from Denver Broncos - Devin White [ LB ] LSU

10. Buffalo Bills - DK Metcalf [ WR ] Ole Miss

11. Cincinnati Bengals - Clelin Ferrell [ EDGE ] Clemson

12. Green Bay Packers - Brian Burns [ EDGE ] FSU

13. Miami Dolphins – Kyler Murray [ QB/Athlete ]

14. Atlanta Falcons - Ed Oliver [ DL ] Houston

15. Washington Redskins - Will Grier [ QB ] West Virginia

16. Carolina Panthers - Jachai Polite [ EDGE ] Florida

17. Cleveland Browns - N'Keal Harry [ WR ] Arizona State

18. Minnesota Vikings - Dalton Risner [ OL ] Kansas State

19. Tennessee Titans - Montez Sweat [ EDGE ] Mississippi State

20. San Francisco 49ers from Steelers - DeAndre Baker [ CB ] Georgia

21. Seattle Seahawks - Jeffery Simmons [ DL ] Mississippi State

22. Baltimore Ravens - Marquise Brown [ WR ] Oklahoma

23. Houston Texans - Yodny Cajuste [ OL ] West Virginia

24. Oakland Raiders From Chicago - AJ Brown [ WR ] Ole Miss

25. Philadelphia Eagles - Rashan Gary [ DL ] Michigan

26. Indianapolis Colts - Dre'Mont Jones [ DL ] Ohio State

27. Oakland Raiders from Dallas – Mack Wilson [ LB ] Alabama

28. LA Chargers - Raekwon Davis [ DL ] Alabama

29. New England Patriots - Chase Winovich [ EDGE ] Michigan

30. LA Rams - Greg Little [ OT ] Ole Miss

31. Kansas City Chiefs - Deionte Thompson [ S ] Alabama

32. Green Bay Packers (From New Orleans) - Dexter Lawrence [ DL ] Clemson

No way are the 49ers making that deal for Brown. They will be interested I have no doubt, but that trade just isn't going to happen. They wouldn't give up #9 for OBJ last year, and the risk here is exactly what happens in the draft in that moving down that far they lose out on all of the realistic edge options which is by far and away their hugest need. They have a couple of elite talents at the top of the draft at the edge spot...they aren't going to give that up for AB. Their second round pick would be far more likely. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

No way are the 49ers making that deal for Brown. They will be interested I have no doubt, but that trade just isn't going to happen. They wouldn't give up #9 for OBJ last year, and the risk here is exactly what happens in the draft in that moving down that far they lose out on all of the realistic edge options which is by far and away their hugest need. They have a couple of elite talents at the top of the draft at the edge spot...they aren't going to give that up for AB. Their second round pick would be far more likely. 

I think a team with a lot of needs that has spent 3 first round picks out of the past 4 drafts on the Dline would rather not lose a (2nd round) pick for AB to take another dlineman.

And would rather just move down in the first round to get their franchise QB a WR and still have all of their picks. That's just me though.

5 minutes ago, aldashex86 said:

I think a team with a lot of needs that has spent 3 first round picks out of the past 4 drafts on the Dline would rather not lose a (2nd round) pick for AB to take another dlineman.

And would rather just move down in the first round to get their franchise QB a WR and still have all of their picks. That's just me though.

You do when you absolutely have to have an edge rusher. It's just giving Brown too much value. You're assigning him value equivalent to a top 5 pick and he's not going to have that. That #2 pick is simply far more valuable, particularly when the top of the draft is heavy with the position you need the most. 

Also, I don't know why people always bring up the picks spent on defensive linemen. That's a sunk cost. You can't do anything about it. Armstead's rookie contract is up and his roster spot on a fifth year option is possibly not going to happen. Thomas isn't an edge rusher. Not all defensive line positions are the same. None of those three guys we have drafted are edge rushers. 

Should have the Niners make the trade with the Giants and then trade #6 to the Steelers for AB and #20

for the Colts, all the WRs and Edge guys I would want there are gone and I don’t know how much difference there is between Dre’Mont Jones or Reakwon Davis to choose between them so I’m fine with the pick. 

29 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Should have the Niners make the trade with the Giants and then trade #6 to the Steelers for AB and #20

for the Colts, all the WRs and Edge guys I would want there are gone and I don’t know how much difference there is between Dre’Mont Jones or Reakwon Davis to choose between them so I’m fine with the pick. 

Raekwon went back to Bama

Ed Oliver to the Falcons is awesome as we sit   To me if the Falcons can pull any of  Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, Clelin Ferrel, Jefferey Simmons, or maybe Jonah Williams int he 1st round at 14 thats a major win for us.  Some of those are for sure trade up guys like both Williams and maybe Ferrel.  Not sure what i would give to go get Quinnen though maybe a 3rd this year and maybe a 3rd next year im not sure on that though.  Because Oliver and Simmons have the talent to be just as good as him maybe.

Interesting trade, lets take a look at the value(I know the chart isn't perfect but here goes)

Pittsburgh trades Brown, #20, #83 for:

#9, #37, #41, #127, #196 and 2010 1st rounder

If the 2020 1st is basically a mid-round 2nd rounder(lets call it #50)

Its not perfect math but it at least is close-is

#20 is roughly equal to #41 and #50

So that leaves Brown and #83 and #9, #37, #127 and #196

That basically values Brown at around #5 overall.(give or take a few picks)

As far as the Jaguars, I'm slightly torn because Williams would be great in our defense but clearly our issues are on the other side of the ball

No, no, no. We aren’t going to reach for the (arguably) second best OT in the draft at 5 with all the defensive talent on the board. Williams is the only OL worth even a top 10 pick. Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, Greedy, Ferrell, or even Devin white would all be better picks for us.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Interesting trade, lets take a look at the value(I know the chart isn't perfect but here goes)

Pittsburgh trades Brown, #20, #83 for:

#9, #37, #41, #127, #196 and 2010 1st rounder

If the 2020 1st is basically a mid-round 2nd rounder(lets call it #50)

Its not perfect math but it at least is close-is

#20 is roughly equal to #41 and #50

So that leaves Brown and #83 and #9, #37, #127 and #196

That basically values Brown at around #5 overall.(give or take a few picks)

As far as the Jaguars, I'm slightly torn because Williams would be great in our defense but clearly our issues are on the other side of the ball

What price are you assuming the Broncos pay for pick 9? They would have to trade up for it.

21 hours ago, aldashex86 said:

30. LA Rams - Greg Little [ OT ] Ole Miss

Where do you have him playing for us? We drafted Whitworth's successor last year in Joseph Noteboom and we just signed our RT to a big extension. Is he a guard succeeding Saffold that we don't resign? If so that makes some sense. If we don't resign Saffold then Guard is a need but there are likely bigger needs with value at those positions too even though I like Little. 

17 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

That's what I proposed in another thread. I had them trade to 7 with Jax, then trade with the Steelers for AB with a swap of picks. 

Archived