The Linehan Watch - FINAL DECISION: TERMINATED

textaz03

Just woke up to see this as the first notification on my phone. All I can say is WTF!!! 

Think I May be go become a Browns fan for a year till Garrett or Jerry get serious about this team. Lack of innovation in our Offense and the inability to utilize the strengths of our Offensive players is baffling to me! At least the Browns have something to look forward too!! 

True or not, if SL stays, that just shows JG needs to go.

I understand he finds talent, the players fight for him, but by keeping SL around, is cause to be fired more than anything you have done/not done.

At this point, I feel like we can no longer blame Linehan for being Linehan, right? If he is back, this is firmly on Garrett.

If Sturm's right and Garrett is simply awaiting orders from overhead... we alright with that sort of organizational flowchart? I don't care how many fourth and half-yards Garrett goes for at midfield, dude is still spineless to me. I'm not saying Jerry/Stephen undermining Garrett directly leads to us losing games, I just don't know what you're building from an organizational standpoint if the FO/ownership is always building the coach's staff for him.

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

At this point, I feel like we can no longer blame Linehan for being Linehan, right? If he is back, this is firmly on Garrett.

If Sturm's right and Garrett is simply awaiting orders from overhead... we alright with that sort of organizational flowchart? I don't care how many fourth and half-yards Garrett goes for at midfield, dude is still spineless to me. I'm not saying Jerry/Stephen undermining Garrett directly leads to us losing games, I just don't know what you're building from an organizational standpoint if the FO/ownership is always building the coach's staff for him.

You mean, the reality that Garrett is a puppet and that Jerry's really coaching the team? I’ve never been ok with it, but we all know it’s the truth. As I said, Garrett is nothing more than our version of Marvin Lewis.

I hate JG as much or more than SL since he has been around longer.

But on that note, I am officially taking a leave of absence on here and will not post until SL is fired. I have enough drama in my life, I don't need to come on here and be even more depressed. 

I come on here with hope in mind NOT to be hopeless. 

Peace my brothers, hopefully my absence will only be temporary.

31 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

You mean, the reality that Garrett is a puppet and that Jerry's really coaching the team? I’ve never been ok with it, but we all know it’s the truth. As I said, Garrett is nothing more than our version of Marvin Lewis.

That’s always been kind of a given, yeah, but we know he at least has a fair bit of input in draft decisions and the overall identity/culture of the franchise. To think that he might not lead the charge when it comes to building his own coaching staff? In a lot of ways that’s more damning than Jerry doing radio bits or signing troublemakers at JG’s behest. That’s depriving your HC of arguably his most fundamental and important agency because you don’t trust him to do it right, while also not holding him accountable because he’s not the one making the decisions. It’s allowing a 52-year-old 9th-year HC to coach on training wheels.

25 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I hate JG as much or more than SL since he has been around longer.

But on that note, I am officially taking a leave of absence on here and will not post until SL is fired. I have enough drama in my life, I don't need to come on here and be even more depressed. 

I come on here with hope in mind NOT to be hopeless. 

Peace my brothers, hopefully my absence will only be temporary.

A bit dramatic and over the top  a bit don't you think my friend.

Archived