Unbreakable Record: 8 Consecutive CC Title Games?

x0x

Will any team break the Patriot's 8 Consecutive Conference Title Game Appearances?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be broken?

• Yes, eventually.
    • No, never.

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

How did they sign guys in 2001 with the 100 still on the books by taking advantage of a 2002 trade?

How did the Bears go on a shopping spree and still sign Mack to 100+M contract in Mitch's 2nd year?

edit: I think youre missing the point.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

How did the Bears go on a shopping spree and still sign Mack to 100+M contract in Mitch's 2nd year?

Because they did not have Aaron Rodgers contract (highest in the league) on the books in 2018 before they traded him in 2019.

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You know how the world in 'The Man in the High Castle' is an alternate reality?

A 2001 Patriots team that did not have Drew Bledsoe and his contract when they signed the players you mentioned is also an alternate reality.

tenor.gif

I'll also ask people who might think it could be broken eventually to consider the NFL in 30 years time or in 40. If the playoffs have been expanded for example and there are 40+ teams in the league.

20 minutes ago, x0x said:

I'll also ask people who might think it could be broken eventually to consider the NFL in 30 years time or in 40. If the playoffs have been expanded for example and there are 40+ teams in the league.

You would think no but after those 49ers no one thought they would be completely and utterly eclipsed.

The only GoaT conversation was Montana or Rice back then.

They could have kept it rolling but they went for Giovanni Carmazzi

1 hour ago, x0x said:

So you're asking us to not only predict the future of expected records based on how the league is structured now, but you also want us to add another layer to that??

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Very likely to be broken next year...

pats have 12 draft picks.  and looks like pats are built to be a solid running team for a long haul which will help aging brady.   can brady's final year be similar to elway's?  i think it can happen.  

Archived