Prospect Meetings, Visits, and workouts

KingTitan

6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I have no comfort in any of the Clemson guys. I like Wilkins the most of them but I don't think they are games changers. 

i agree. for some reason i just feel like wilkins is gonna have a derrick morgan type career. solid but not spectacular. that's not based on anything but a gut feeling, though.

14 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i agree. for some reason i just feel like wilkins is gonna have a derrick morgan type career. solid but not spectacular. that's not based on anything but a gut feeling, though.

My reasons are based on history and what I've seen.
Vic Beasley was the one guy from there that had some success.

We know about how Dodd did there.  The other guy that came out that year, name escapes me, he hasn't done much. (went to Buffalo early).
Something about what they do with their D-lineman doesn't translate to the NFL. Can't think of anyone that was just did well, again outside of Beasley. 

Dodd would make me not draft a D-Lineman from Clemson for about 4-5 years. Unless he was out of this world talented.  
None of the guys this year are like that. They are good. But how much of that was because of them playing together? 
And yeah Wilkins seems to be a  good starter but one you'd let go after their first contract expires.  

14 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Derrick Morgan is actually my comp for Clelin Ferrell.  I think they're very similar players who will have similar impacts, which I'm fine with.  Having another young Derrick Morgan on the team would be great.

Christian Wilkins I just love.  He just jumps off the tape every game, has a long history of good production, is athletic enough, team leader, passionate about football, clean as a whistle off the field.  He just checks every box.

28 minutes ago, KingTitan said:
  • I will be sad if we take an OT in the 1st. 

I'm thinking there's a very good chance Little slides to the second.  I'd be thrilled with that pick there, if they think he can play right guard for a year before he moves over.  Little should be a first round tackle, but that combine, yeesh.  He'd be a deal at 51.

11 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I have no comfort in any of the Clemson guys. I like Wilkins the most of them but I don't think they are games changers. 

I can agree with this to an extent. I honestly want nothing to do with Ferrell. Wouldn’t be too excited for Lawrence at 19. Wilkins honestly is the only one I like. 

On 4/15/2019 at 3:37 PM, Daniel said:

Derrick Morgan is actually my comp for Clelin Ferrell.  I think they're very similar players who will have similar impacts, which I'm fine with.  Having another young Derrick Morgan on the team would be great.

Christian Wilkins I just love.  He just jumps off the tape every game, has a long history of good production, is athletic enough, team leader, passionate about football, clean as a whistle off the field.  He just checks every box.

honestly, I dont get the Ferrell/Morgan comparison. I see Ferrell as a legit sack artist in the NFL. I remember when Morgan came out back in 2011, the rap on him was that he would be good against the run and never really a big sack guy. He was pegged as more of a 7-10 sack a year guy more than he was a 10 plus a year sack guy, which he ultimately lived up to.  my comp for Ferrell is Micheal Strahan. Big comp, I know. He has an NFL build and isn't all twitchy, which in this day and age, discounts you a little as a player. He remind me of Strahan because he's more of a power guy but has enough finesse in him to get the job done. Would not surprise me if he as a 70 plus tackle guy and 10 plus sack guy if he hits his potential.

The more I think about it, the more I think a TE could be in play at 19. At first I was like, nah, we have enough and Jonnu could step up. My thoughts, like many Titans fans was that he showed enough before he got injured to get excited about. I went back and looked at those numbers and they are pretty average... and thats being nice. He was in PRIME position to make his mark when Delanie went down and did horrible in that showing. Hockenson would be a major upgrade over him even if the idea is he still is developing. I ask myself, If Delanie went down and we had Hockenson on the roster, would Hockenson have performed like that. I think he probably would have faired better. All this coupled with the fact that Smith isn't fully healthy yet and Delanie being 35 could make TE a higher priority than it would seem on the outside looking in.

Dexter Lawrence might not be a popular pick at 19, but if JR doesn’t trade back , he will be pick. Thats the missing piece to Dean Pees defense. TE and OLB are two of the deepest position groups in this draft. 

A great 3-4 defense needs that Backbone of NT ILB and FS to be successful. We have Evans and Byard . Dexter Lawrence makes all the sense in the world here. Last two times titans had the best record in the NFL we had serious production at interior DL. The so called pocket passers couldn’t step back in the pocket to make throw to move the chains. 

3 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

The more I think about it, the more I think a TE could be in play at 19. At first I was like, nah, we have enough and Jonnu could step up. My thoughts, like many Titans fans was that he showed enough before he got injured to get excited about. I went back and looked at those numbers and they are pretty average... and thats being nice. He was in PRIME position to make his mark when Delanie went down and did horrible in that showing. Hockenson would be a major upgrade over him even if the idea is he still is developing. I ask myself, If Delanie went down and we had Hockenson on the roster, would Hockenson have performed like that. I think he probably would have faired better. All this coupled with the fact that Smith isn't fully healthy yet and Delanie being 35 could make TE a higher priority than it would seem on the outside looking in.

I've actually been thinking this too lately. I thought TE was about as logical as ILB or LT... But it could happen if they see the right fit. We thought Jonnu was progressing, but honestly, he still hasn't shown much... Delanie is in the twilight of his career, and even though we hope he still has a couple years at near prime level, we dont know what effect the injury really has on him going forward at age 35+. I really like Pruitt... and Firkser too... It seems like a deep group... But having a steady stream of options for Mariota running in the middle of the field could be what Vrabel and Smith have in mind. His much is Hockenson worth to Smith's style of offense? Could be extremely valuable 

We'll see I guess. 

I still hope/think we target DL... Just by looking at the roster... What we did in the offseason... Looks like the obviously biggest need... for both a starter and depth in general. 

Robinson has shown he'll do what it takes to get his player... Traded down then up in '16 and got Conklin... Stayed put at 5 in' 17 and took Davis... Traded up for Evans and Landry in '18. 

I hope he's targeting Oliver... But it may cost too much to get high enough to take him. I still really like Wilkins, but we may have to trade up a couple to get him as well (nowhere near as much as it would cost to get into Oliver range). Or is it Tillery, who he could get by staying put at 19... And possibly lower after trading down a few spots. Simmons would have been great too, but you just can't take a known red shirt with your 1st rounder. 

40 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

Please no to Ferrell!! I’d be okay with Brown just because we definetly don’t have that kind of speed on offense. Dodd has scarred me for life with Clemson DEs.

only reason I wouldn’t like Brown is because of his size. I feel like most of our WRs are small outside of Davis. Feel like we need another big body that can win the 50/50 balls.  But speed definitely kills. 

Archived