πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

7 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=0000018b-48a1-da24-adfb-deeba91c0000

The Giants lose another O-lineman. They're very much in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes and I don't like it...

I could be wrong but I just don’t think they will be bad enough to get the #1 pick. I can still see them winning enough games to get them out of the top 3.
Β 

Also, side note while I think USC is a great school for QBs, I don’t have confidence that they put out great QBs in the nfl. Probably the best QB from usc in nfl history is Carson Palmer and even he was barely above .500 in his career, had a lotta injuries, and was an interception magnet. Do I think this means Caleb Williams will fail? Not necessarily, but he doesn’t scare me either if he goes to the giants.

That being said, a great counter argument to this would be that I think a lotta fans tend to think the same thing about Ohio state. However, cj stroud is looking damn good in the nfl so far.. So who knows, maybe Caleb Williams will break the trend

8 hours ago, Jays3 said:

I could be wrong but I just don’t think they will be bad enough to get the #1 pick. I can still see them winning enough games to get them out of the top 3.

The Giants definitely suck, but most of us are assuming Daboll is a good coach that can overcome full turd spiral Daniel Jones and a bad OL, based on what they did last year. Or at least hoping he can for 2 or 3 games. Maybe he can't.
I'm not too worried about Caleb either way. He's far from a guarantee.

9 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=0000018b-48a1-da24-adfb-deeba91c0000

The Giants lose another O-lineman. They're very much in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes and I don't like it...

I feel like the Giants will pick 3rd or 4th overall. They'll get the #2 QB, or Marvin Harrison Jr.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

The Giants definitely suck, but most of us are assuming Daboll is a good coach that can overcome full turd spiral Daniel Jones and a bad OL, based on what they did last year. Or at least hoping he can for 2 or 3 games. Maybe he can't.
I'm not too worried about Caleb either way. He's far from a guarantee.

Actually my stance last year was I thought daboll was overrated as a coach. I don’t know what it is about them when I watch them play but I just don’t get the vibe that they are that bad to be in contention for the top pick. I mean, teams like that don’t go toe to toe with Buffalo or stay in games with San Francisco till the 4th quarter. They’ve had some ugly games but there’s also games where I don’t think they look that bad, I just think they will eventually win some of those down the road.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I feel like the Giants will pick 3rd or 4th overall. They'll get the #2 QB, or Marvin Harrison Jr.

Probably Marvin Harrison jr. They been looking for a wr even before the eagles jumped them for devonta smith. Gonna suck because I really like Marvin Harrison jr, seeing him in a giants jersey…ugh

1 hour ago, Jays3 said:

Probably Marvin Harrison jr. They been looking for a wr even before the eagles jumped them for devonta smith. Gonna suck because I really like Marvin Harrison jr, seeing him in a giants jersey…ugh

I’d pull an Eli if Daniel Jones was gonna be my QB

I dunno schedule softens up enough now that I can see them winning 4-5 games. They don't appear to be sellers (at the moment). Now if they start moving guys like Barkley, Leo, Adoree etc then maybe. Mara doesn't seem like the tanking type of owner though. Commies x2, Jets, Raiders, Pats, Saints maybe Rams all winnable games. This team has too much talent for them to be playing this bad. I'm truly perplexed with how this season has been.

It is interesting that Caleb listed the Giants as one of the teams he'd like to play for. But I think it would have to be a trade the farm scenario like they did to get Eli for it to happen realistically.Β 

19 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Thata boy Ginnas! Get far far away from Caleb, Maye too. 🍺

See I just get the feeling that they will be just barely good enough not to have a top 3 pick. Something about them just doesn’t say (worst team in the league) to me