πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's amazing how in 2 1/2 months you can get that humbled, that quickly.Β 

That was 2011 for me. Everyone pumped up for Dream Team (πŸ–• Vince Young) only to πŸ’© the bed in complete and utter embarrassment.Β 

I'm still astounded by how far back they fell from a winning season a playoff victory. Similar thing happened in 2017 after going 11-5 but I don't think many of us were as sold on Mcadoo as we are Daboll.Β 

Ahh that Dream Team stuff was fun. Miss those days and the empty trophy case memes... I'll never forgive the Pats for allowing that to be taken away from us.Β 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I'm still astounded by how far back they fell from a winning season a playoff victory. Similar thing happened in 2017 after going 11-5 but I don't think many of us were as sold on Mcadoo as we are Daboll.Β 

Ahh that Dream Team stuff was fun. Miss those days and the empty trophy case memes... I'll never forgive the Pats for allowing that to be taken away from us.Β 

I don’t think anyone’s surprised except for Giant fans. They overachieved last year. Daboll isn’t the problem, imo. They should have cleaned house last off-season and purged the whole offense. Should have let Danny walk. Should have traded Barkley for anything anyone was willing to give up. Just tank, and let Daboll build his team. Which is what I expect.Β 

9 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Who could have guessed that making Juan Castillo our DC would backfire?

He's on our coaching staff at the moment, and has shuffled around some while here, and I keep having this panic attack that we fire JDR and they have to shuffle him to there to finish the season.Β 

13 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm gonna say it. I think this is genuinely the worst Giants team I've seen in 20+ years.

Like... Judge was a worse coach IMO, but this is the worst team.

Being down to a dude that lives with his mom at QB is hard for anyone to look good.

Β 

The worst thing that Daboll did was make Jones look halfway decent last year. They needed to suck last year and be in the QB business this year.Β 

12 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

I legitimately feel embarrassed for Giants fans at this point.

You can feel whatever you want. Most Giants fans don't want us getting close to a victory to ruin our chances of getting the first or second pick in the draft. I would be far more upset if the Giants won the game than being blown out.

8 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

You can feel whatever you want. Most Giants fans don't want us getting close to a victory to ruin our chances of getting the first or second pick in the draft. I would be far more upset if the Giants won the game than being blown out.

Just wait till Daboll goes full Lovie Smith and you lose out on the #1 and #2 picks to Carolina,Β  I mean Chicago.Β Β 

I can see it now. Week 18, NFC/NFCE seeding is basically wrapped up one way or another.

We sit all starters like last years Cowboys game and in your case Boston Scott as well, to ensure a Giants Victory !

It's coming!πŸ₯ƒπŸ˜Ž

Edited by Nabbs4u

12 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Who could have guessed that making Juan Castillo our DC would backfire?

And yet, some people in here were sold on it and even defended the hire. "But he consults with the defensive game plan! Who better to know how to attack an offense than the OL coach!" were some of the things thrown out at the time. That's when some of us knew Andy was way too comfortable with his job and was too stubborn to look even a little bit outside his circle.Β 

2 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Then by all means enjoy it. Just please give us the same courtesy you are giving the Cowboys pretty much the whole decade.Β 

Edited by Broadway Joe

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just wait till Daboll goes full Lovie Smith and use lose out on the #1 and #2 picks to Carolina,Β  I mean Chicago.Β Β 

I can see it now. Week 18, NFC/NFCE seeding is basically wrapped up one way or another.

We sit all starters like last years Cowboys game and in your case Boston Scott as well, to ensure a Giants Victory !

It's coming!πŸ₯ƒπŸ˜Ž

I been a Giants fan long enough to know... this is the way. Did the exact same thing in 2020

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just wait till Daboll goes full Lovie Smith and you lose out on the #1 and #2 picks to Carolina,Β  I mean Chicago.Β Β 

Never said the Giants couldn't screw this up, they have in the past when it came to drafting Chase Young by beating the Commanders. While I have full confidence we have next to no chance to win a game with Tommy Divito at QB, Tyrod Taylor said his injury is not season-ending, which means he could return and have us win a game or two.

The main point is I believe most Giants fans have no problems losing and losing big if the end result is we get one of the top 2 qb. Whatever outrage out there over the loser is more a media-driven or Giant podcaster looking to get clicks.

6 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Then by all means enjoy it. Just please give us the same courtesy you are giving the Cowboys pretty much the whole decade.Β 

If by courtesy you mean domination, the Eagles have dominated the Giants for the past decade. That type of courtesy ends next season or the season after for the Eagles and Cowboys if we can draft a top-level QB.

10 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t think anyone’s surprised except for Giant fans. They overachieved last year. Daboll isn’t the problem, imo. They should have cleaned house last off-season and purged the whole offense. Should have let Danny walk. Should have traded Barkley for anything anyone was willing to give up. Just tank, and let Daboll build his team. Which is what I expect.Β 

The giants started last year 6-1 and finished the season 3-7. I just think they were overhyped, as was daboll. I think they have some good pieces on defense but they are a long ways off on offense.

12 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

The giants started last year 6-1 and finished the season 3-7. I just think they were overhyped, as was daboll. I think they have some good pieces on defense but they are a long ways off on offense.

If you are really to break down our record last season, the Giants started 7-2 last year. We lost to Dallas by just a touchdown and we lost to Seattle because our punt returned fumbled the ball twice.

After that our best safety, Xavier injured himself during the bye and during the Detriot game our best CB Adoree got injured and we had already lost our 2nd best CB much earlier in the season. We were starting practice squad players in our secondary in the second half and struggled because of it.

3 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

If you are really to break down our record last season, the Giants started 7-2 last year. We lost to Dallas by just a touchdown and we lost to Seattle because our punt returned fumbled the ball twice.

After that our best safety, Xavier injured himself during the bye and during the Detriot game our best CB Adoree got injured and we had already lost our 2nd best CB much earlier in the season. We were starting practice squad players in our secondary in the second half and struggled because of it.

You had only one win that was by more than 1 score. I'm not surprised at all that you guys regressed, it's unlikely to keep that level of fortuity.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

You had only one win that was by more than 1 score. I'm not surprised at all that you guys regressed, it's unlikely to keep that level of fortuity.

We regressed because of injuries to key positions and facing the toughest stretch of schedule to start the season. Other than maybe the 49ers I don't think many teams are expected to win starting their 3rd string QB.

I never said we were Superbowl-caliber level team, but I believe we were a playoff-worthy team.Β