πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

What exactly makes you β€œright”? Every team struggles at times. All of them. That means the season is over?Β 
Β 

It’s not like I don’t see the issues. There are some for sure. How that equates to the season being over is dramatic and premature. I don’t need help or teachings, professor, if your diagnosis for the team is β€œit’s over”. It’s ridiculous.Β 
Β 

You’re an arrogant, pessimistic idealist. And I’m sad?Β 

Yes… yes it is

On 12/19/2023 at 12:04 AM, ACO said:

Eagles can not drop 4 in a row. They just can't.Β 

I can see Cowboys losing to the Dolphins and the Lions cause their run defense is TRASH.

I think the Eagles will be fine. Just a rut good teams go through (Niners had one too). That said... losing to DeVito at the Linc would be something...Β 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think the Eagles will be fine. Just a rut good teams go through (Niners had one too). That said... losing to DeVito at the Linc would be something...Β 

I simply can't be afraid of the giants no matter how bad the eagles look recently considering they've owned the giants for basically a decade.

Β 

Gonna be interesting watching kyler run circles around these d-linemen and LBs that have no discipline though.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

A relatively recent influx of super-doomers are taking their victory lap at the moment. If I were a fan of a rival team I'd be in here every day absorbing all the sweet-sweet in-fighting.

Β 

Facts are facts.Β  If that is super doomer for you, apologies.Β  This team has issues.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

A rut early in the season vs in December are very different things. This is way more concerning.

I don't fear the Giants whatsoever but I won't overlook them. They are playing better football (sadly) at the moment. I think they win this one though but won't be shocked if they split. I also am worried about the Cardinals.

11 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Philly destroyed them 31-7 in the playoffs last season. This isn't the flex you think it is....

Lmao. They didn’t have Purdy the entire game, and then only halfway viable backup was also knocked out of the game. That was not a real matchup.

It also takes away exactly nothing from what I said. I wasn’t flexing, you’re just following the point.

Dallas also very well could have beaten Philly if they had matched up.

Edited by NoFlyZone

11 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

When then? If Dak never gets over the hump because β€œthere’s always a team that’s better he’s going against”, does he just skate the criticism? He doesn’t. Β That’s not how it works. There are plenty of good players that are in averse situations that succeed because they overcome. It’s apart of being a great player. Β Eli is a prime example. Dude was slightly better than average for almost all his career.Β 

The β€˜all or nothing’ opinions are just extremely unreasonable. I mean.. either you’re on the best team in the conference/ NFL or your team should be pointed at and laughed at? Just because they haven’t made it to the end? It’s ridiculous, and most teams don’t get subjected to this energy.Β 
Β 

For example, Dallas is very arguably the 2nd best team in the conference this season. They’ve largely been very good. But if they don’t make it all the way everyone is going say β€œlololool TYPICAL COWBOYS”

6 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

Well, getting beat 3 straight games does add to some legitimacy to the criticism. Hell, it could be 4, but the 3 are the most recent.

Again, why.. though? The Niners are better than ever this season, and are probably the best team in the entire NFL. Dallas would be an underdog in that matchup. As disappointing as it would be to see them lose, I don’t see how it would be all that worthy of criticism.Β 

11 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Again, why.. though? The Niners are better than ever this season, and are probably the best team in the entire NFL. Dallas would be an underdog in that matchup. As disappointing as it would be to see them lose, I don’t see how it would be all that worthy of criticism.Β 

well, all fair points.

There are no moral victories. I will say that upfront. But if we do end up playing them, and we lose, a lot will go towards how bad we lose and how we lose. Another game like at least the last two, then yeah, be hard to shake the criticism.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ACO said:

A rut early in the season vs in December are very different things. This is way more concerning.

You keep saying this as though there isn't 3 games left and the playoffs to get right? Just because there is a 18wk season now doesn't negate the fact 3 of the typical 4 gms typically left in December are left on the schedule.Β 

Don't care about the competition,Β  just like Dallas fans didn't care about the previous 2 months worth of competition,Β  Wins a Win right?

GETTING HOT is what matters come playoffs.Β  Mattered for the Steelers, the Giants , the Colts, the Packers, the Eagles 2017 post ACL, ect.....

No one will care about the Eagles 3 gm losing streak just like SF earlier in the season, IF THEY GET HOT????

Which up till now isn't exactly promising but still possible.Β 

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

The β€˜all or nothing’ opinions are just extremely unreasonable. I mean.. either you’re on the best team in the conference/ NFL or your team should be pointed at and laughed at? Just because they haven’t made it to the end? It’s ridiculous, and most teams don’t get subjected to this energy.Β 
Β 

For example, Dallas is very arguably the 2nd best team in the conference this season. They’ve largely been very good. But if they don’t make it all the way everyone is going say β€œlololool TYPICAL COWBOYS”

Dak can not get past the divisional round for the rest of his career and it’s all good?Β 

• Like 1