πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

16 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Anyone shocked how many Defensive Minded Coaches got Hired this offseason.Β 

Harbaugh
McDonald
Quinn
Pierce
Morris
Mayo

I like Harbaugh and McDonald, Don't like Morris or Mayo, unsure with Quinn and Pierce.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Harbaugh
McDonald
Quinn
Pierce
Morris
Mayo

I like Harbaugh and McDonald, Don't like Morris or Mayo, unsure with Quinn and Pierce.

Pierce they pretty much had no choice when your best player threatens to see and a trade if you don't keep him.Β  They are the right move even if it doesn't work out.

Quinn is basically RR 2.0.Β  Can't see that marriage ending well for either side.Β  Especially if he hires Chip as his OC πŸ˜‚

Morris is not a good hire.Β  At least he was smart enough to hire from the McVay tree, but he was not a good HC before.Β  This also applies to Washington, but presumably you don't want to hire a defensive coach when you're likely to draft a new QB.Β  Best case scenario you win a lot and lose your OC quickly which isnt great for a young QB's development.

Mayo isn't great when you're basically getting more of the same from the past few years as BB.Β  They moreso than any other team I think needed a new voice.

Harbaugh and McDonald should work out well.Β  Seattle needed to fix their defense and they hired probably the best guy available to do that.Β  Harbaugh just succeeds wherever he has been.Β  That's a home run hire for them.

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So Dallas is letting Tyron Smith hit FA. I get his age, his injury history but I've also seen what happens to Dak when Tyron is not on the field.Β 

GL 🍺

Seems like they'll let Tyler Smith slide out to LT? I know he's been a dynamite LG, but projecting guys from inside to outside on an island always worries me.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Seems like they'll let Tyler Smith slide out to LT? I know he's been a dynamite LG, but projecting guys from inside to outside on an island always worries me.

I'm down to watch it unfold. πŸ‘

On 3/2/2024 at 2:56 PM, Nabbs4u said:

I'm down to watch it unfold. πŸ‘

He did play pretty good at LT in 2022, and the Cowboys rarely make a mistake when letting a player walk. He was projected to be a LT once he develops and he is going into his third season after an all-pro year. With how this draft is looking at OT anyway, they may be very well set up for the future in that regard.Β 

Not so good news for us, who have our very own future HOF OL apparently walking away today to worry about and Dallas already had a better OL than us last year.Β 

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

He did play pretty good at LT in 2022, and the Cowboys rarely make a mistake when letting a player walk. He was projected to be a LT once he develops and he is going into his third season after an all-pro year. With how this draft is looking at OT anyway, they may be very well set up for the future in that regard.Β 

Not so good news for us, who have our very own future HOF OL apparently walking away today to worry about and Dallas already had a better OL than us last year.Β 

We'll know soon enough.Β  I think his mind was made up when he walked off the field in Tampa and if it is the end he will be sorely missed.

I know Dallas is desperate for cap savings but I'm curious what Micah thinks about being intentionally listed as a DE instead of LB, costing him an extra $2.7M in salary with his 5th year option?

Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I know Dallas is desperate for cap savings but I'm curious what Micah thinks about being intentionally listed as a DE instead of LB, costing him an extra $2.7M in salary with his 5th year option?

Β 

Sounds like a reason to come home to Pennsylvania in 2026.

33 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Sounds like a reason to come home to Pennsylvania in 2026.

Haven't you heard, he never wanted to play in Philadelphia,Β  to many distractions. Friends,Β  Family, ect..

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I assume you mean being listed as a LB instead of a DE

No....

The Dallas Morning News reported that the Cowboys will exercise the option by designating Parsons as aΒ defensive end, not as a linebacker. The difference is significant. His fifth-year option salary as a defensive end, which carries a salary in 2025 of $21.32 million.Β As a linebacker, Parsons would be in line for a fifth-year salary of $24 million.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

No....

The Dallas Morning News reported that the Cowboys will exercise the option by designating Parsons as aΒ defensive end, not as a linebacker. The difference is significant. His fifth-year option salary as a defensive end, which carries a salary in 2025 of $21.32 million.Β As a linebacker, Parsons would be in line for a fifth-year salary of $24 million.

That is so stupid and antiquated.Β 

The positions really need to be reclassified already, most folks already do it that way.

EDGE, DI, and Off Ball LB