πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

In contention =/= ahead of the Eagles. And that is factually true. If we had won those two games, the Cowboys would be in the top 3 along with the Eagles. Also factually true, we did not beat those teams, so it is simply a projections. If "its and buts" and all that stuff.Β 

I still dont know what your point is.Β 

a lot of ifs with you... here are the facts...Β Eagles are 8-1 and beat the teams presented to them.Β 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Man, we sure beat up on aΒ bad defenseΒ today. Don't think Carson can repeat that performance against an NFL caliber defense. It's probably a fluke.

It surprises me how bad you guys crushed them. I guess it shouldnt as your HC has experience in playing them. It also helps that they had like 4 (?) turnovers that put your offense in good position.Β 

I expected you guys to win. But its impressive how bad your crushed them, for sure.Β 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

It surprises me how bad you guys crushed them. I guess it shouldnt as your HC has experience in playing them. It also helps that they had like 4 (?) turnovers that put your offense in good position.Β 

I expected you guys to win. But its impressive how bad your crushed them, for sure.Β 

Only 2 turnovers actually, but yes both of them started us off in the Red Zone, it was a strength of our defense and also a weakness of our offense. When our team makes the red zone, we score TDs roughly 3/4 times. So that pretty much makes it game over.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

My point is. You imply that the Eagles are not as good as their record, and the Cowboys are better than their record. Based off of what I quoted above AND you're whole shindig about "Eagles have beat teams 25-41",Β you can't refute that.

Ok. Just because I think the Eagles are more vulnerable than their 8-1 record, and I think the Cowboys are better than their 5-3 record, that still doesn't justify your crazy (self-)argument.Β 

I think both those things are true.

I still never said the Cowboys are better than the Eagles.

If the two teams played today, it would have been a good game. If the injuries that occurred today are serious, chances are yall are significantly better than us and it wont even be a game.

Ok. Just because I think the Eagles are more vulnerable than their 8-1 record, and I think the Cowboys are better than their 5-3 record, that still doesn't justify your crazy (self-)argument.Β 

I think both those things are true.

I still never said the Cowboys are better than the Eagles.

If the two teams played today, it would have been a good game. If the injuries that occurred today are serious, chances are yall are significantly better than us and it wont even be a game.

I think the game, played in Dallas, will be close. I'm not so sure it'd be as close in Philadelphia.

And 8-1 vs 5-3, if you think 8-1 isn't really as good as 8-1, and 5-3 is better than 5-3 then you're cutting it pretty darn close bucko.

Just now, Danger said:

I think the game, played in Dallas, will be close. I'm not so sure it'd be as close in Philadelphia.

And 8-1 vs 5-3, if you think 8-1 isn't really as good as 8-1, and 5-3 is better than 5-3 then you're cutting it pretty darn close bucko.

Right.Β 

Didnt I just say that? That if the two played today the game would have been a good game? Cant two teams just be pretty evenly matched and that not be an insult to either team?Β 

I think its one of those games (as of this week) that either team would be the ~3 point favorite at home. I fear that changes significantly tomorrow when we get medical reports (and when Zeke starts his suspension).Β 

I think its one of those games (as of this week) that either team would be the ~3 point favorite at home. I fear that changes significantly tomorrow when we get medical reports (and when Zeke starts his suspension).Β 

I'm not convinced Zeke is going to be held out until he's officially listed as inactive in a game due to that reason.

Zeke suspension will help but not that much, Morris is a similar power runner and has looked good on his few opportunities. Not nearly as dynamic of course.

Tyron is no doubt an elite LT, but so isΒ Peters, and yet our OL has been fine without him (to my surprise). Knock on wood.Β Today our OL dominated Denver, seems the only times Wentz was pressured was on bootlegs or other such plays where it was expected there would be a free runner coming at him. I wouldn't rule out the same thing happening with Dallas's OL, where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Hopefully not though.

Β 

It really will come down to whether or not we can get the best of their OL. If Dak has all day to throw then I have little doubt he will pick us apart, but if we can get solid pressure I think we can hold them to 24. If the former happens, it's anyone's game, I think our offense will be able to move the ball too so it will come down to a few plays. If the latter happens, we should win.

2 minutes ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Sure the SOS matters but in today's league where it seems like anyone can beat anyone, there is big upsets every week, and it is hard to tell who is good...you just cannot knock the Eagles for being 8-1. They are taking care of business.Β 

true, every game is earned, unless you're playing the cleveland haulΒ