πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

@Matts4313Β What are your thoughts on Dak at this point?Β  Do you want to give him an extension or move on?Β Β 

I think he has the yips and needs a dominate OL to succeed. I would extend him at low end starter money but would also keep my eye out for a replacement. He will be here at least 2 more years no matter what. But having watched some of the all 22; I think people are highly overrating his demise. Not saying he has been great.Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I think he has the yips and needs a dominate OL to succeed. I would extend him at low end starter money but would also keep my eye out for a replacement. He will be here at least 2 more years no matter what. But having watched some of the all 22; I think people are highly overrating his demise. Not saying he has been great.Β 

So whats causing the Cowboys issues on the OL?Β  Obviously losing Frederick hurt, what's the status on him anyways?Β  Β  Has Connor Williams been terrible?Β  Should La'el Collins be a Guard instead of a RT?Β Β 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

So whats causing the Cowboys issues on the OL?Β  Obviously losing Frederick hurt, what's the status on him anyways?Β  Β  Has Connor Williams been terrible?Β  Should La'el Collins be a Guard instead of a RT?Β Β 

The only player playing well is Martin. Every single other OL has regressed. Williams has been good for a rookie. He doesnt have the strength yet, but he I think he will turn out as a decent guard. Collins was much better last year than this at RT.Β 

The excuse coming out of Dallas is our OL coach was attempting to make them switch techniques. He was fired last week because of it. He himself even stated that he was getting a lot of push back from the players on what he was doing.Β 

All I know is that they have been pretty pathetic for what we invested in them. Even T Smith, who before all this was a demigod.Β 

And Dak cant operate with under the duress he has faced. Doesnt have the pocket awareness.Β 

55 minutes ago, Danger said:

If I'm being real. Dak isn't necessarily abysmal. He's just on the Bortles and Mariota tier. Can be good at times, but more often than not is a below average starter.

I would put Mariota over Dak. Mariota needs a capable coach to design plays beneficial to his skill set.

You legitimately may have to consider Dak the worst quarterback in the league. He, single handedly, has the potential to decimate a franchise in one deal. Sure, talent wise he’s somewhere in the middle but mostly those guys are not signed to franchise-type contracts. If/when Jerry signs Dak long term at market price, it could be the death blow of a franchise for a good 5-6 years. And then, it’ll take another 2-5 to just get back in contention if the rebuild is done correctly. And then you gotta think Jerry will be dead after that. So, really Dak has the potential to kill Jerry Jones.Β