πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think you are proving his point. At the time of his death he was the 3rd best S in the NFC East alone. You are supremely overrating him. He was very mediocre most his career with the occasional splash play. That said, his trajectory was way up. He appeared to be improving.

Get out of here with that nonsense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Taylor was the Vernon Davis of safeties. Nobody denies he is a genetic freak; that doesnt guarantee football dominance.Β 

That is some revisionist nonsense from a rival fan. Β He was a generational talent that tragically died at 24 years old. Β He was just entering his prime and had 10 more years of his career ahead of him. Β You can’t blame him for not having a bigger resume when he was murdered in his own home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That is some revisionist nonsense from a rival fan. Β He was a generational talent that tragically died at 24 years old. Β He was just entering his prime and had 10 more years of his career ahead of him. Β You can’t blame him for not having a bigger resume when he was murdered in his own home.

I said it at the time. I was here arguing Taylor was overrated when he was alive. I dont know what his career would have turned into - - and I already said the arrow was pointing up. But the reality was he had 2 mediocre years, 1 good and 1 all pro (going off memory); he *EVERYONE* considered him the 3rd best safety in the NFC E.Β 

Β 

Maybe he turns into Brian Dawkins. Maybe he pulls a Roy Williams. Point is people talk about him like he was an all timer. He wasnt.Β 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I challenge you or @MKnight82Β to prove me wrong.Β 

The same as asking me to prove a negative. I could pull up stats, but that "wouldn't tell the whole story." Or use ranking systems like AV to compare the players, but that has it's own flaws.

Sufficed to say, Sean Taylor was a guy who offensive coordinators had to worry about week in and week out. To say he was overrated is just wrong.

• Like 1

Wow Foster to the Skins. I had a strong suspicion it'd be either the Cowboys or Skins to pickup Foster given their owners, but you hate to see it.Β He is a stud on the football field.Β I hope Goodell drops the hammer on him, he definitely won't play another down this year, but considering this is 2nd (3rd even?) offense, could extend into 2019.

29 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Wow Foster to the Skins. I had a strong suspicion it'd be either the Cowboys or Skins to pickup Foster given their owners, but you hate to see it.Β He is a stud on the football field.Β I hope Goodell drops the hammer on him, he definitely won't play another down this year, but considering this is 2nd (3rd even?) offense, could extend into 2019.

I'd be perfectly fine with Goodell banning him for the season. I haveΒ ZEROΒ interest in seeing him suit up in Burgundy & Gold.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Like @Woz, I have ZERO interest in him in the B&G.Β 

I'm more worried about the extra work in the forum that Woz and I now have to do.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Like @Woz, I have ZERO interest in him in the B&G.Β 

I'm more worried about the extra work in the forum that he and I now have to do.

THEN WHY THE EFF WOULD YOU EVEN BOTHER PICKING HIM UP?!?!?

Β 

Oh and @ThaiphoonΒ - I think this is where we're going to have to end up

tenor.gif