🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

7 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Finance has nothing to do with it. Lawrence performs, has had little league trouble and is a cornerstone to a rebuilding defense. Yet the cowboys continue to give chance after chance to reclamation, damaged projects. 

If you’re not paying him, then trade him. Why tell your team that you don’t value good performance but you jump at the opportunity to resign a troubled guy and get him on the cheap because he’s in a vulnerable position. Dallas just being skeevy once again. 

WTF. 

1. Finance has to do with literally every aspect of any business.

2. Lawrence has been busted for both weed and steroids. 

3. We give them chances because they are cheap. Sometimes it works (Jaylon Smith, Randy last year, Lee/Bryant to a degree) and sometimes it doesnt.

4. What is the damn rush? As everyone else signs deals that are much less, we can continue to negotiate. The draft is still several weeks away if we are thinking trade. 

5. Nobody said we dont VALUE good performance. What we are saying is we dont OVER VALUE it. Do you walk into a Toyota dealership, look at a $20k car - look the salesman in the eye and say "Ill give ya $25k!".

You are also ignoring that Lawrence has chronic back issues along with nagging injuries almost every year. 

Literally 100% of your post is ridiculous. 

Edited by Matts4313

Doing an analysis of the Cowboys cap situation now and the next few years. It makes no sense for them not to pay Lawrence. Lets just use Khalil Mack's contract as a carbon copy for Lawrence in this case.

Cap space: ### [Lawrence projeced Cap hit]
2019: $6.4M [$13.8 M] (Currently $20.6M)
2020: $116.5M [$11.9M] (Notable free agents - Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliot, Amari Cooper, Robert Quinn, George Iloka)
2021: $146.4M  [$26.6M]

They should have easily enough money to retain all of those, and extending Lawrence now also opens up more flexibility right now with cap relief. I don't see what their reasoning for being so hesitant is. 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

WTF. 

1. Finance has to do with literally every aspect of any business.

2. Lawrence has been busted for both weed and steroids. 

3. We give them chances because they are cheap. Sometimes it works (Jaylon Smith, Randy last year, Lee/Bryant to a degree) and sometimes it doesnt.

4. What is the damn rush? As everyone else signs deals that are much less, we can continue to negotiate. The draft is still several weeks away if we are thinking trade. 

5. Nobody said we dont VALUE good performance. What we are saying is we dont OVER VALUE it. Do you walk into a Toyota dealership, look at a $20k car - look the salesman in the eye and say "Ill give ya $25k!".

You are also ignoring that Lawrence has chronic back issues along with nagging injuries almost every year. 

Literally 100% of your post is ridiculous. 

Finance has nothing to do with my comment

Did he? Weed in college. (Who hasn’t) And wasn’t it amphetamines that he got pinched for? Don’t think it’s disclosed if it’s roids or not. 

Yes. Cheap AND skeevy. Cowboys brass has told the public and their team time and time again they’re willing to sell off pieces of their soul for players that can possibly be valuable. And even better now, they’ll find you at your low points and take advantage so they can get some cap relief. 

Its just bad business. Guy gets 25 sacks in two years, has been a big reason why the Cowboys’ defense isn’t a joke anymore but yet they’ll even try to nickel and dime him. He’s an actual player that the cowboys should resign yet their trading for worse players and are resigning guys that are troubled....because it’s cheaper? Cmon. Typical Jones’ move.  

Lawrence has the most snaps in the last two years on Dallas’ DL. He’s been ranked about 30th in total snaps the last two years from DL in the entire league. Tell me how fragile he is again.

Literally, all your posts and views are blinded by the star. Fact is, if the Cowboys knew what they were doing, they’d be a hell of a lot more successful then they have been. Yet, you’re on board with every damn thing. Dak, Zekes legal battles, Dak, drug infractions, Dak, physical assault, Dak. I guess you’ll tell me you wanted Witten back too, huh?

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I would be surprised if Randy Gregory ever sees the football field again.  But for a contract less than a million dollars I don't really see the problem with Dallas signing him again.  

He will likely be back by week 5. All he did was miss a therapy session.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Doing an analysis of the Cowboys cap situation now and the next few years. It makes no sense for them not to pay Lawrence. Lets just use Khalil Mack's contract as a carbon copy for Lawrence in this case.

Cap space: ### [Lawrence projeced Cap hit]
2019: $6.4M [$13.8 M] (Currently $20.6M)
2020: $116.5M [$11.9M] (Notable free agents - Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliot, Amari Cooper, Robert Quinn, George Iloka)
2021: $146.4M  [$26.6M]

They should have easily enough money to retain all of those, and extending Lawrence now also opens up more flexibility right now with cap relief. I don't see what their reasoning for being so hesitant is. 

It's about overpaying. Dlaw is not as good as mack. Dlaw is a $17-20m dollar player. If we over pay him, Dak, Zeke, Cooper, Jones, jaylon Smith, LVE.... You get my point. The purpose of management is to negotiate, not to overpay everyone.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

It's about overpaying. Dlaw is not as good as mack. Dlaw is a $17-20m dollar player. If we over pay him, Dak, Zeke, Cooper, Jones, jaylon Smith, LVE.... You get my point. The purpose of management is to negotiate, not to overpay everyone.

Yes but if this past free agency has told us anything, it's that the contract numbers are skyrocketing at an alarming rate. Even if you're not paying him Mack money, I'd expect the AAV to be at ~$21-22M ish most likely. And if you wait until next off season, I really do expect he'd make Mack money. Not to mention that it does provide cap relief.

I think a fair offer to Lawrence right now is at ~$21.5M AAV, 4 years mostly guaranteed with 2 more years that are easy outs for the Cowboys. Say. 6 years $128M

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Yes but if this past free agency has told us anything, it's that the contract numbers are skyrocketing at an alarming rate. Even if you're not paying him Mack money, I'd expect the AAV to be at ~$21-22M ish most likely. And if you wait until next off season, I really do expect he'd make Mack money. Not to mention that it does provide cap relief.

I think a fair offer to Lawrence right now is at ~$21.5M AAV, 4 years mostly guaranteed with 2 more years that are easy outs for the Cowboys. Say. 6 years $128M

I agree with you. I think the alleged $26m+ he is asking for though is a 20-25% premium and its too much. 

On 4/2/2019 at 4:03 PM, Danger said:

You werent far off.