🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

14 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Isn’t it funny how the tables have turned. 

For the last 20 years we were able to defend the moderate success of the Eagles with division championships and playoff appearances and playoff wins but it was always rebutted and negated with “well....Super Bowls?”

Now, rival teams have to hang their hats on moderate successes because, well, what else is there? 

Truth be told, outside of the Patriots, it’s hard as hell to win a SB. It takes a ton of talent with a mix of opportunity, fortune and luck. All you can expect your team to do is try and field the best team and get to a playoff. After that, you need to lean on that talent and a little luck to put you over the top. We were a perennial playoff team in the McNabb era and we should have won one or two but didn’t. I always thought the SB or bust argument is a bit overstated. There are levels of success that should make you happy and maybe even content. There really is nothing like winning the super bowl but it’s still fun to have a team that’s on the bubble of a SB year in and out. 

With that said, it’s hilarious listening to cowboy fans, in particular, justifying their recent 20+ year existence with the same damn argument we’ve been making and ultimately listening to it be dismantled by one simple phrase....”Super Bowl?”

Over and over, I’d have the same argument with cowboy fans and as much as I’d come out ahead recently they’d always rely on the SB rebuttal. There’s varying levels of successes but it only comes down to that. It was good enough to keep us down for 60 years and it’s not changing now. If that’s what the narrative was while holding it over our heads then nothing changes now; you win a SB or fall in line and shut the hell up. 

If you get to take our spot, then I get to say to you:

Quit living in the past. Fall in line and shut the hell up. 

:D

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Tate to the Giants

gonna get so many check downs now and stop pouting 

It's Eli, he won't hold the ball more then 2 seconds without falling to the ground and playing dead like a possum. 

So get a bunch of slot WR and let them eat the clock 5 yards at a time in the passing game.

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

If I could make an agreement that Cowboy fans can’t talk about SBs they continue to  “celebrate” that were achieved when they were in grade school then I’d happily make the pact. 

But let’s be real, there’s a difference between being proud of a SB won 13 months ago and another that Coolio could have done the halftime show to. 

Edited by Jroc04
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

If I could make an agreement that Cowboy fans can’t talk about SBs they continue to  “celebrate” that were achieved when they were in grade school then I’d happily make the pact. 

But let’s be real, there’s a difference between being proud of a SB won 13 months ago and another that Coolio could have done the halftime show to. 

hakuna matata 

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Me personally, I've always lived by you can hold onto any super victory so long as a player who played in that game for you is still on the team. e.g. Giants can't hold up theirs once Eli is gone.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Me personally, I've always lived by you can hold onto any super victory so long as a player who played in that game for you is still on the team. e.g. Giants can't hold up theirs once Eli is gone.

We still have Garrett on the team.

IU8.gif

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Danger said:

He's just as bad as Jerry. I'd laugh if my boy SaQuon wasn't stuck there. :( 

If you are a Giants fan, you gotta hope this is just posturing to get Haskins to slide. 

Hopefully for Saquon’s sake he is the physical freak he seems to be and can survive to year 6 and hit the market

2 hours ago, Danger said:

He's just as bad as Jerry. I'd laugh if my boy SaQuon wasn't stuck there. :( 

Why are you comparing him to Jerry? Jerry doesnt do anything anymore. And the Cowboys are arguably a top 3-5 drafting team the last several years. Our GM'ing trio (Garrett, McClay, S Jones) is fine

Edited by Matts4313

57 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Why are you comparing him to Jerry? Jerry doesnt do anything anymore. And the Cowboys are arguably a top 3-5 drafting team the last several years. Our GM'ing trio (Garrett, McClay, S Jones) is fine

When your GM Jerry Jones insists on holding onto Garett, you have a GM problem. 

I don't know what's more amusing. The Giants reluctance to get rid of Eli, or the Cowboys reluctance to get rid of the clapper.