πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I mean, we are 5th. Thats not really middle.Β 

well 9.6 avg wins isnt terrible for the last couple yearsΒ 

But considering their results of just missing the playoffs or getting kicked out early..I'm not sure how that's not the middle Mattsy

It's the bare minimum not to get fired or have upheaval and they met it

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

well 9.6 avg wins isnt terrible for the last couple yearsΒ 

But considering their results of just missing the playoffs or getting kicked out early..I'm not sure how that's not the middle Mattsy

It's the bare minimum not to get fired or have upheaval and they met it

Weve wonΒ the most divisional titles in the last 5 years, a game or two off from the best record in the NFC and won a couple playoff games. On top of that, from 2014 to 2018 the only starter that I can think of that remains is Tryon Smith.Β 

Of course Garrett is still here, but the fact that he has molded the youngest team in the playoffs (and won a game) is nothing to laugh at.Β 

A middling team would be the Lions/Saints. Hell if you exclude the 1 post season of success you could throw in the Falcons and Packers.Β 

Β 

Did you buy Anthem?

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Weve wonΒ the most divisional titles in the last 5 years, a game or two off from the best record in the NFC and won a couple playoff games. On top of that, from 2014 to 2018 the only starter that I can think of that remains is Tryon Smith.Β 

Of course Garrett is still here, but the fact that he has molded the youngest team in the playoffs (and won a game) is nothing to laugh at.Β 

A middling team would be the Lions/Saints. Hell if you exclude the 1 post season of success you could throw in the Falcons and Packers.Β 

Β 

Did you buy Anthem?

I see what you are saying...but a lot of that is what I'm talking about...like bare minimum to stay and it's been that way much longer than the last 4 years.

Β 

I did kinda, picked up a new xbox that had it bundled...didn't find it super fun. But also havent deep dived into it yet

Just now, Kiltman said:

I see what you are saying...but a lot of that is what I'm talking about...like bare minimum to stay and it's been that way much longer than the last 4 years.

Β 

I did kinda, picked up a new xbox that had it bundled...didn't find it super fun. But also havent deep dived into it yet

Did your last one break?

It took me a minute to get into Anthem. Been playing it with my son and enjoying it. If you hop on it, let me know. We arent to far into it. Still going through the campaign.Β 

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Did your last one break?

It took me a minute to get into Anthem. Been playing it with my son and enjoying it. If you hop on it, let me know. We arent to far into it. Still going through the campaign.Β 

Nah my aunt wanted one to play RPGs, so I gave her mine and got a new one.
They had it discounted and bundled with Anthem so it wasn't much I wasn't gonna spend.

The story just seemed all over the place and the loot sucks

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

So you like getting ousted before ever reaching the conference finals?

Weve got another one that cant read. This is what I said:

To be fair, I would trade all those wins for 1 superbowl. Hell, just 1 superbowl appearance would be nice.Β 

Let me know if any more of you dont understand it.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Weve got another one that cant read. This is what I said:

Let me know if any more of you dont understand it.

Or you and I just have different meanings of relevancy. You said "not really in the middle" if you aren't even making the conference finals, then you're in the middle.

Isn’t it funny how the tables have turned.Β 

For the last 20 years we were able to defend the moderate success of the Eagles with division championships and playoff appearances and playoff wins but it was always rebutted andΒ negated with β€œwell....Super Bowls?”

Now, rivalΒ teams have to hang their hats on moderate successes because, well, what else is there?Β 

Truth be told,Β outside of the Patriots, it’s hard as hell to win a SB. It takes a ton of talent with a mix of opportunity, fortune and luck. All you can expect your team to do is try and field the best team and get to a playoff. After that, you need to lean on that talent and a little luck to put you over the top. We were a perennial playoff team in the McNabb era and we should have won one or two but didn’t. I always thoughtΒ the SB or bust argument is a bit overstated. There areΒ levels of success that should make you happy and maybe even content. There really is nothing like winning the super bowl but it’s still fun to have a team that’s on the bubble of a SB year in and out.Β 

With that said, it’s hilarious listening to cowboy fans, in particular, justifying their recent 20+Β year existence with the same damn argument we’ve been making and ultimately listening to it be dismantled by one simple phrase....”Super Bowl?”

Over and over, I’d have the same argument with cowboy fans and as much as I’d come out ahead recentlyΒ they’d always rely on the SB rebuttal. There’s varying levels of successes but it only comes down to that. It was good enough to keep us down for 60 years and it’s not changing now. If that’s what the narrative was while holding it over our heads thenΒ nothing changes now; you win a SB or fall in line and shut the hell up.Β 

9 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Isn’t it funny how the tables have turned.Β 

For the last 20 years we were able to defend the moderate success of the Eagles with division championships and playoff appearances and playoff wins but it was always rebutted andΒ negated with β€œwell....Super Bowls?”

Now, rivalΒ teams have to hang their hats on moderate successes because, well, what else is there?Β 

Truth be told,Β outside of the Patriots, it’s hard as hell to win a SB. It takes a ton of talent with a mix of opportunity, fortune and luck. All you can expect your team to do is try and field the best team and get to a playoff. After that, you need to lean on that talent and a little luck to put you over the top. We were a perennial playoff team in the McNabb era and we should have won one or two but didn’t. I always thoughtΒ the SB or bust argument is a bit overstated. There areΒ levels of success that should make you happy and maybe even content. There really is nothing like winning the super bowl but it’s still fun to have a team that’s on the bubble of a SB year in and out.Β 

With that said, it’s hilarious listening to cowboy fans, in particular, justifying their recent 20+Β year existence with the same damn argument we’ve been making and ultimately listening to it be dismantled by one simple phrase....”Super Bowl?”

Over and over, I’d have the same argument with cowboy fans and as much as I’d come out ahead recentlyΒ they’d always rely on the SB rebuttal. There’s varying levels of successes but it only comes down to that. It was good enough to keep us down for 60 years and it’s not changing now. If that’s what the narrative was while holding it over our heads thenΒ nothing changes now; you win a SB or fall in line and shut the hell up.Β 

For me, the mantra has always been progression. If your team's level of success and progression becomes stagnant, or worse, regresses, that's when you need to rethink your current modus operandi.Β 

That's why Andy Reid did, and still does, piss me off. He got to the CCG 4 times, then he made the Super Bowl once, and that alleviated it for a few more years, but then things in large part started to go backwards. A change was probably due far earlier than 2012.Β