πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Β 

Ill give you guys some Free Ammo. Its the same thing with Troy Aikman I believe. Weve won like 56% of the games with troy and 56.5% without Troy (something like that).Β 

Meh, there was only two years Troy finished under .500 other than the infamous 0-11 year. 94-60 is pretty respectable if you sans out that rookie disaster year. Not a huge fan of Troy as a HoFer but the bulk of his career he was a SB contender.Β 

Eli is a +2 for his career. And after this year he’ll be a negative. Is there any HoFer with a negative win/loss ratio? And I’m sure he’ll try to inevitably play for another team next year after the Giants move onto Jones. Ending it all in disaster.Β 

• Like 1

Profootballtalk reports that Ezekiel Elliott has "privately said that he will hold out of training camp unless he gets a new contract."

Unlike Melvin Gordon, Elliott has been publicly silent on his contract situation. Gordon, of course, is headed into an actual contract year. Elliott still has two seasons remaining on his rookie deal. He has also been dealing with the fallout from another off-the-field issue, his May altercation with a security guard in Las Vegas. If Elliott is serious, it would be an intelligent gambit in an increasingly-unforgiving running back market.

Β 

Everyone of these Legit Franchise Changing RB should hold out, skip OTA's, TC ,RegularΒ  season games if not given a contract extension after 3yrs. It's the only position in Professional Sports with the smallest especially the NFL average career lifespan.Β 

Owners have been using the CBA and Franchise Tag to Use,Abuse and Discard the RB position to thier favor for decades. Knowing it's the only positional player they can do it to. So the Zeke's,Β  Gordon's, Kamara's, Mccaffery 's (next season) have every right IMO to want to get off thier rediculous rookie deals that are easily under paying them and onto thier 2nd contract. LikeΒ CB, WR, QB ect.....

At some point it has to change SPECIFICALLYΒ  for the RB position,Β  not all positions. Those will argue that thier production will decline at or around 30 so what's the point but that is the point. They arent WR, QB so coming out of College as a 22 yr old , locked up on a 5 yr deal with 2 Franchise Tag options pretty much consumesΒ the entirety of thier careers for at a discounted rate.Β 

NFL has been getting away with it for far to long and it needs to be adjusted. Obviously they don't want to as a League but the PA should be all over this come the new CBA becauseΒ  it's become a joke what's allowed. I Hope they all boycott and holdout when thier time comes if proven to be a Franchise RB!!

Saquan,Β Kamara, McCaffrey, Chubb,Β  Mixon, Hunt, Miles Sanders, Tom, Dic$, Harry!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Everyone of these Legit RB should hold out, skip OTA's, TC ,RegularΒ  season games if not given a contract extension after 3yrs.

The problem is, most teams will just laugh, shrug, and find a replacement, which is what I'm betting the Chargers are doing right now.Β  For Zeke though, it's a different story.Β  He IS that Dallas offense.Β  Without him, they go from playoff contenders to an 8-8 ceiling.Β  He would be smart to hold out as long as possible this season, since he has maximum leverage right now,Β this year being the Cowboys'Β best window to win a SBΒ given Dak's still laughably low salary.Β  They have him under team control for 4 more years when accounting for franchise tags, so he would be a fool to think they won't run him into the ground the next few years and screw him out of a lot of money.

I guess you could argue Kamara's team needs him almost as much as Zeke, though with Brees and Thomas, I don't think that's true.Β  For other RB's though, they're either replaceable, like M. Gordon, or their teams aren't good enough to compete for a SB (read: desperate for their best RB to play) like Saquon so their teams will never cave to their demands.

7 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

The problem is, most teams will just laugh, shrug, and find a replacement, which is what I'm betting the Chargers are doing right now.Β 

Which is the correct strategy.Β 

Β 

For Zeke though, it's a different story.Β  He IS that Dallas offense.Β  Without him, they go from playoff contenders to an 8-8 ceiling.Β 

LMAO => I disagree with this entirely.Β 

He would be smart to hold out as long as possible this season, since he has maximum leverage right now,Β this year being the Cowboys'Β best window to win a SBΒ given Dak's still laughably low salary.Β 

This is the first year we arent paying for Romo (and Dez/others). So you are right. This is really the first chance we have had to take advantage of his cheap salary.

They have him under team control for 4 more years when accounting for franchise tags, so he would be a fool to think they won't run him into the ground the next few years and screw him out of a lot of money.

Its not screwing him out of money. Its paying him what he is worth. RB's just arent worth as much as other positions - unless they heavily contribute to the passing game *** well. Β 

I guess you could argue Kamara's team needs him almost as much as Zeke, though with Brees and Thomas, I don't think that's true.Β  For other RB's though, they're either replaceable, like M. Gordon, or their teams aren't good enough to compete for a SB (read: desperate for their best RB to play) like Saquon so their teams will never cave to their demands.

Kamara's value is that he is so efficient in the pass game. Same with CMC. That makes them unique. Zeke has started to show some potential there, and if he develops into the all purpose back those others are, he might well deserve the Le'veon money.Β 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

LMAO => I disagree with this entirely.Β 

Its not screwing him out of money. Its paying him what he is worth. RB's just arent worth as much as other positions - unless they heavily contribute to the passing game *** well. Β 

You think you're still legitimate playoff contenders without Zeke? Β LMAO is right.

And yeah, Zeke is absolutely worth it for Dallas. Β 

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

You think you're still legitimate playoff contenders without Zeke? Β LMAO is right.

And yeah, Zeke is absolutely worth it for Dallas. Β 

Zeke is not our entire offense. And yeah, I think we would contend without Zeke. You just said 8-8.... 9 win teams get in all the time.Β 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My favorite thing thats happened today was Golden Tate, who has played with Wentz, Foles, Eli and Daniel Jones saying that Matt Stafford is by far the best QB he has ever played with.Β 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Zeke is not our entire offense. And yeah, I think we would contend without Zeke. You just said 8-8.... 9 win teams get in all the time.Β Β 

Well, yeah, no one player can literally be the entire offense, but Zeke is the driving force behind yours and the #1 threat to take away in every DC's gameplan.Β 

10 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

The problem is, most teams will just laugh, shrug, and find a replacement, which is what I'm betting the Chargers are doing right now.Β  For Zeke though, it's a different story.Β  He IS that Dallas offense.Β  Without him, they go from playoff contenders to an 8-8 ceiling.Β  He would be smart to hold out as long as possible this season, since he has maximum leverage right now,Β this year being the Cowboys'Β best window to win a SBΒ given Dak's still laughably low salary.Β  They have him under team control for 4 more years when accounting for franchise tags, so he would be a fool to think they won't run him into the ground the next few years and screw him out of a lot of money.

Zeke- Cowboys

Gurley- Rams

Gordon-Chargers

Kamara- SaintsΒ 

McCaffrey- Panthers

Saquan- Giants

Not one of these Teams sniff the Playoffs let alone SB in 2019 without those RB's. It's funny how a WR who totals 1700-1800 yds receiving is somehow viewed as more importantΒ  to an offense then a RB that totals 2000-2200 yds a season?

This idea you can easily fill that void is a Joke! The Eagles didnt have any of the Top 10 RB in the NFL and went from the #3 Rushing team in 2017 to #28Β in 2018 after losing JAGS like Ajayi and Blount and some you think RB don't matter? Easily replaceable? We found out exactly the opposite last season!!

The Running game is the foundation of every successful offense and FQB in the league. Given him one, you have a chance, Don't,Β  you'reΒ  behind the 8 ball. It's why the Patriots made and won the SB last year, not Tom Bradys arm. It's why Rodgers continues to play out of his mind at QB slinging it all over the field, but never sniffed a SB again.Β 

All I'm saying is that the system is broke when the RB position is concern. A system the NFL has no intention of fixing because it benefits Them, the Team,Β  the League, not the Player!Β 

Legit RB like the ones listed above should be getting the same amount of Money as the Top tier WR's they out produce on a weekly and yearly basis earlier in thier careersΒ (3) in their primes rather then years 5, 6, 7 and 8 if somehow they even make it that far. That's all.

Edited by Nabbs4u

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Zeke- Cowboys

Gurley- Rams

Gordon-Chargers

Kamara- SaintsΒ 

McCaffrey- Panthers

Saquan- Giants

Not one of these Teams sniff the Playoffs let alone SB in 2019 without those RB's. It's funny how a WR who totals 1700-1800 yds receiving is somehow viewed as more importantΒ  to an offense then a RB that totals 2000-2200 yds a season?

This idea you can easily fill that void is a Joke! The Eagles didnt have any of the Top 10 RB in the NFL and went from the #3 Rushing team in 2017 to #28Β in 2018 after losing JAGS like Ajayi and Blount and some you think RB don't matter? Easily replaceable? We found out exactly the opposite last season!!

The Running game is the foundation of every successful offense and FQB in the league. Given him one, you have a chance, Don't,Β  you'reΒ  behind the 8 ball. It's why the Patriots made and won the SB last year, not Tom Bradys arm. It's why Rodgers continues to play out of his mind at QB slinging it all over the field, but never sniffed a SB again.Β 

All I'm saying is that the system is broke when the RB position is concern. A system the NFL has no intention of fixing because it benefits Them, the Team,Β  the League, not the Player!Β 

Legit RB like the ones listed above should be getting the same amount of Money as the Top tier WR's they out produce on a weekly and yearly basis earlier in thier careersΒ (3) in their primes rather then years 5, 6, 7 and 8 if somehow they even make it that far. That's all.

Saints, Rams, and Chargers are all playoff teams without those guys. Are they AS good? No probably not. But look at Melvin Gordon's backup, Austin Ekeler and what he's able to do with a limited role. They'd be fine without Gordon.

Kamara is a nice toy and benefits them, but that offense is Drew Brees.

McVay is a mastermind (except when it's the big game apparently), he'd still find a way to get his team to the playoffs without Gurley. CJ Anderson did pretty well in Gurley's stead.

But what do they all have that Dallas does not? Good Quarterbacks, and good offensive minds running the show. Dallas has a hot-cold QB and freakin Kellen Moore as their OC. No offense @ianlewis16

Edited by Danger

58 minutes ago, Danger said:

But what do they all have that Dallas does not? Good Quarterbacks, and good offensive minds running the show.

Our quarterback has more good games than yours has games played....

We went from league leading rusher => 1k rusher in like 12 games starting => league leading rusherΒ 

In that, we sprinkled Morris who had a 4.5+ YPC.

Zeke is replaceable.Β 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Our quarterback has more good games than yours has games played....

We went from league leading rusher => 1k rusher in like 12 games starting => league leading rusherΒ 

In that, we sprinkled Morris who had a 4.5+ YPC.

Zeke is replaceable.Β 

Dak has also been god awful 50% of the time after his rookie season.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Dak has also been god awful 50% of the time after his rookie season.

More like 10 games in his career, that also happened to coincide with our OL and WR's being awful:

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1090794435615617024/photo/1

Now I know 5 games/yrΒ is = to 50% of a Wentz season. But Dak plays 16 games.Β 

Edited by Matts4313