🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:
3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

the NFL is stupid, as always...and I don't really care about this.

But once in a lifetime event like getting drafted    Lonely boy Dak's Dinner bash

Same relevance. 

Kids are not graduating normally.  Not playing their last NCAA tournaments. Kids birthdays are drive-bys now. Elderly birthdays are celebrated through a screen door. People doing happy hours through Skype.  These people are taking responsibility. What is it that Dak and others or these draft party guys that are scoffing at the rules displaying or sacrificing for the betterment of their neighbors? It’s selfish and unnecessary. That’s the point. 

Got it.

FF.com Eagles forum is the morality police on when having less than 10 people in your home is justifiable. Less than 10 for dinner? Youre the devil. Less than 10 that will forsure involve hugging/kissing/high fives/etc (draft): Perfectly acceptable. 

So all those safety concerns you all spent like 5 pages telling me about go out the window if the occasion is special. 

Thats not hypocritical. 

EDIT: That was not geared at Jroc specifically. I was just stating it as a general "WTF?" to the masses. 

Edited by Matts4313

21 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:
1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

the NFL is stupid, as always...and I don't really care about this.

But once in a lifetime event like getting drafted    Lonely boy Dak's Dinner bash

Same relevance. 

Kids are not graduating normally.  Not playing their last NCAA tournaments. Kids birthdays are drive-bys now. Elderly birthdays are celebrated through a screen door. People doing happy hours through Skype.  These people are taking responsibility.

Agree with this much of this. I get it, it sucks that you aren't going to be able to graduate normally/celebrate your being drafted into the NFL normally, but being conscious of this whole ordeal is more important.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I understood your point perfectly clear. Sorry you struggled to interpret my response. I used the vernacular "rich and famous". You took that as money, when you should have understood it was geared towards people of influence. People are not massively influential without either money or fame. I didnt think the phrase would cause this much confusion. 

You wasted your breath on the rant. Your entire argument could be understood by child. You just keep repeating yourself with long winded retorts.

And I refuse to answer your question. Its really, really bad philosophical question that tries to paint choices as black/white, when life is grey.

"Is driving your car around people you barely know, putting lives and health in potential danger worth it? Yes or no?"

Dumb questions get dumb responses. 

“Blah blah blah, hurl guised insults, blah blah blah, pretend I’m smarter than the room, blah blah blah” 

Hey, it’s Matts everyone. 

Get stood up in a conversation, refuse to answer a question that undermines your whole argument. Bail on discussion. 

Like what’s the point of all this?

The question is simple. If it’s too hard to see where I’m going;  Does the desire of the few outweigh the need of the many? 

It’s not like these guys are so far removed. Karl Anthony Towns’ mother died of it. I bet he’d have some choice words for the people not taking it serious. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I wouldn't call them the same level, one is meaningless...the other is at least some sort of sacrifice.

I've been sitting inside for a month and a half and been subjected to all these virtual hangouts...trust me I get it.

You have to wait a couple months to drink beers and celebrate and eat cake. Whoopty effing doo. Doesn’t the potential health of your neighbor outweigh the celebration of the accomplishment? 

10 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

“Blah blah blah, hurl guised insults, blah blah blah, pretend I’m smarter than the room, blah blah blah” 

Hey, it’s Matts everyone. 

Get stood up in a conversation, refuse to answer a question that undermines your whole argument. Bail on discussion. 

Im right here homie. And am smarter than this room. You all chose to be eagles fans ;)

(thats a joke, I know sometimes you all struggle picking up on that)

Like what’s the point of all this?

The question is simple. If it’s too hard to see where I’m going;  Does the desire of the few outweigh the need of the many? 

Again, as I already stated, its a philosophical question that excludes the grey. I put the public at danger every time I drive. I put the public at danger everytime I go to work with the sniffles. I put the public at danger everytime I hook up with a Texans 9 and then a different one a few days later. 

Its cost benefit. Corona has a ~1% mortality rate in the USA and most of that are elderly people. As I have already expressed, I would risk dinner over that. Hell, I had a luncheon just yesterday with my kids and their grandparents. That made 5 people in a room all eating together. The risk/reward that any of us will:

A. Catch the virus

B. Share the virus

and

C. Cause death from the virus

Is about the same as the house being blown up from a N. Korea nuke. So it was worth it for the grandparents to see their grandkids for lunch on my personal risk/reward scale.

It’s not like these guys are so far removed. Karl Anthony Towns’ mother died of it. I bet he’d have some choice words for the people not taking it serious. 

How far are they removed from a helicopter ride? 

(tongue in cheek. I know sometimes you all dont pick up on this)

Edited by Matts4313

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

You have to wait a couple months to drink beers and celebrate and eat cake. Whoopty effing doo. Doesn’t the potential health of your neighbor outweigh the celebration of the accomplishment? 

My neighbors dont come over and let me cough in their mouth. Might need to think of a different scenario. 

19 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Jroc,  I'm on your side of this.

Was only saying the motivations were not on an equal footing. One is pointless and shouldn't be a problem to not do (Dak being lonely). One is a big moment for these kids and those who helped them get there, and is unfortunately a sacrifice they need to make. If they really care about having family or a friend there they should've just rented a house and stay quarantined together. That's really the only safe way to do that.

Really had the league been on top of this they would've rented out a big hotel next to a training facility and let the prospects quarantine themselves together at the start of this. Have their prodays there together, live stream it to all the scouts and personnel guys back at their homes. Would allow them to still work out. Then any family coming in would come two weeks ahead of time and self quarantine, then they could join in for gameday. The commish could do the same and be there to announce the picks.
But obviously the draft isn't really that serious of a thing, this is a sport. And that's crazy.

I care about it, but don't care about talking about it here anymore.
Feel like everyone has their minds made up...so it's kind of fruitless to keep digging into it.

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im right here homie. And am smarter than this room. You all chose to be eagles fans ;)

(thats a joke, I know sometimes you all struggle picking up on that)

Again, as I already stated, its a philosophical question that excludes the grey. I put the public at danger every time I drive. I put the public at danger everytime I go to work with the sniffles. I put the public at danger everytime I hook up with a Texans 9 and then a different one a few days later. 

Its cost benefit. Corona has a ~1% mortality rate in the USA and most of that are elderly people. As I have already expressed, I would risk dinner over that. Hell, I had a luncheon just yesterday with my kids and their grandparents. That made 5 people in a room all eating together. The risk/reward that any of us will:

A. Catch the virus

B. Share the virus

and

C. Cause death from the virus

Is about the same as the house being blown up from a N. Korea nuke. So it was worth it for the grandparents to see their grandkids for lunch on my personal risk/reward scale.

How far are they removed from a helicopter ride? 

(tongue in cheek. I know sometimes you all dont pick up on this)

The potential of your daughter picking up something from her sleep over, then eating at her grandparents and giving it to them is worth it?

We’re just not even close to seeing eye to eye on this. You look at the news like it’s impossible for it to happen to you. I hope nothing hits you bro, I do. But you’re not doing much to help yourself. Don’t you wrap it up with those Texas 9s? What’s the diff? Cost benefit and all. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Damn, just heard Ruggs is still working out with his teammates in prep for next season. 

What a selfish arse. 

(Do I need to keep going @ninjapirate?)

Matts, stop.

Ninja being worried about his dad is a very real reason to take this seriously.
I'm doing the same with my GF and her dad's health as well as some of my family members.

It's a valid very real thing to be worried about. Some people can't afford to risk it.
and really even if you don't have a person who is high risk, it's a worthy exercise in empathy to not make it harder for those that do.

25 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Jroc,  I'm on your side of this.

Was only saying the motivations were not on an equal footing. One is pointless and shouldn't be a problem to not do (Dak being lonely). One is a big moment for these kids and those who helped them get there, and is unfortunately a sacrifice they need to make. If they really care about having family or a friend there they should've just rented a house and stay quarantined together. That's really the only safe way to do that.

Really had the league been on top of this they would've rented out a big hotel next to a training facility and let the prospects quarantine themselves together at the start of this. Have their prodays there together, live stream it to all the scouts and personnel guys back at their homes. Would allow them to still work out. Then any family coming in would come two weeks ahead of time and self quarantine, then they could join in for gameday. The commish could do the same and be there to announce the picks.
But obviously the draft isn't really that serious of a thing, this is a sport. And that's crazy.

I care about it, but don't care about talking about it here anymore.
Feel like everyone has their minds made up...so it's kind of fruitless to keep digging into it.

Dak being lonely? Cmon man. It was his sisters birthday dinner with less than 10 people. All within guidelines. 

21 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

The potential of your daughter picking up something from her sleep over, then eating at her grandparents and giving it to them is worth it?

We’re just not even close to seeing eye to eye on this. You look at the news like it’s impossible for it to happen to you. I hope nothing hits you bro, I do. But you’re not doing much to help yourself. Don’t you wrap it up with those Texas 9s? What’s the diff? Cost benefit and all. 

Well, seeing as the sleepover was with the otherside set of grandkids, whom came over later for dinner with them - - im going to guess no. I would have no concerns. Its their choice if they want to have a lunch/dinner. Its my choice if I want to show uo. 

I guess the biggest difference between us is the impact of corona. Here in the greater Austin population, about .0012% of people have been infected. Of that .00012% - less than 5%  have died. That means the fatality rate of the gen pop is less than .00006%. I have a greater chance of death walking down the stairs. So do my elderly neighbors. 

19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Matts, stop.

Ninja being worried about his dad is a very real reason to take this seriously.
I'm doing the same with my GF and her dad's health as well as some of my family members.

It's a valid very real thing to be worried about. Some people can't afford to risk it.
and really even if you don't have a person who is high risk, it's a worthy exercise in empathy to not make it harder for those that do.

I have no clue what you are talking about. I am referring to him saying Dak should be suspended for working out with Dez Bryant. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I have no clue what you are talking about. I am referring to him saying Dak should be suspended for working out with Dez Bryant. 

gotcha, thought you were going after him for having a reason to be sensitive about this.
By b.

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

gotcha, thought you were going after him for having a reason to be sensitive about this.
By b.

Just so I am doubly clear - I meant no disrespect you your family situation ninja. I was just joshing ya over this comment. 

On 4/10/2020 at 12:29 PM, RBreezy said:

On 4/11/2020 at 9:45 PM, ninjapirate said:

What a complete idiot. NFL should suspend him a game for this.

• Like 1