🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

13 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Where did this even come from? I said I expected 9-10 wins just a page or 2 ago.

Well, we have top 5 offensive potential. We were #1 over 2019-2020 5 games w/Dak. 

We added so many players and coaches on defense that if we can even be mediocre, we have "good team" potential. 

The post you quoted me on was literally talking about if the Cowboys would be a "good" team and if they would win 12+ games... lol.

And yes, your offense was rolling early last year, but the only good defense you really played against in the first 5 was the Rams and they held you to 17. I'd like a higher sample size to see how good that offense really is.

I still expect the Cowboys to win the division, I just don't see them being some powerhouse that is going to beat a bunch of good teams. They will probably do well against the East and lose to teams with real talent.

5 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I just can't believe anybody can take the cowboys seriously anymore. It's like living in a nut house or a nursing home filled with people who suffer from Alzheimer's.

It’s process of elimination. Don’t think Fitz will string wins, Danny Dimes probably isn’t taking the Giants anywhere, will be fun with Hurts but if last season was a preview of 2021 Jalen…we won’t be big winners. 

I still can’t picture Dak and that staff stringing together wins in the playoffs. They haven’t been able to do it for winnable in season games a lot of the time. 

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It’s process of elimination. Don’t think Fitz will string wins, Danny Dimes probably isn’t taking the Giants anywhere, will be fun with Hurts but if last season was a preview of 2021 Jalen…we won’t be big winners. 

I still can’t picture Dak and that staff stringing together wins in the playoffs. They haven’t been able to do it for winnable in season games a lot of the time. 

This is the division of "Ifs". It's a four sided coin flip. The teams are all close enough together to where it's impossible to tell who's gonna win.

On 6/4/2021 at 1:37 PM, Go_Giants said:

What you might not know is that four of the expected five starters were either rookies or playing the position for the first time. Then throw in last year with them not having a real offseason or any preseason games to get better. They now have a season under their belt, they will have a real offseason and preseason games. It would be very hard for them not to be better.

Saw this and thought of you 🙂:

Ranking all 32 NFL offensive line units ahead of the 2021 season

32. NEW YORK GIANTS

Giants offensive linemen have combined to produce the fifth-worst overall grade in the league over the past two years, and they rank in the bottom eight in both pass blocking and run blocking. 

Starting left tackle Nate Solder opted out in 2020, which hurt the team's depth up front. First-rounder Andrew Thomas started at left tackle and struggled to a 62.4 overall grade. His 54.7 pass-blocking grade also ranked just 82nd out of 89 qualifiers. Solder is currently in the mix to start at right tackle, a position he hasn’t played since his rookie year in 2011. In his two years in New York, Solder has posted a solid 75.7 grade and a career-low 64.9 mark. He could be a cap casualty before the season.

Matt Peart, a 2020 third-rounder,  is competing at right tackle after grading out at 69.7 overall on 150 snaps as a rookie. Peart enjoyed a good career at UConn and is young at the position, so he has starting potential at some point.

On the interior, Nick Gates returns after moving to center for the first time in his career in 2020. He managed just a 59.7 grade, though, ranking 29th among centers. Guard is wide open, with several players battling for the two starting spots. Will Hernandez is a three-year starter at left guard, although he hasn’t graded over 60.0 since his rookie season. Shane Lemieux played 504 snaps there last year and struggled to a 32.2 overall grade. Zach Fulton is also in the mix after recording a 63.0 overall grade last season, ranking 44th among 86 qualifying guards.

For perspective, former Giants starter Kevin Zeitler earned a 65.9 overall grade, though that’s the only time in his career with a season mark below 73.0. Kenny Wiggins and Jonotthan Harrison also have starting experience, but neither has graded above 62.1 in any season in their respective NFL careers.

The bottom line is that the Giants' offensive line is a massive question mark. They need their young players to develop and their veterans to provide career years just to rank in the middle of the pack for 2021.

21 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Saw this and thought of you 🙂:

Ranking all 32 NFL offensive line units ahead of the 2021 season

Thanks? I said it would be hard for the Giants O-Line not to improve. Did not say they would be dominant or even average. If the Giants remain the 32 ranked offensive line then no they are not winning division. This does not mean after their first two games they can't make strides. If they go from the 32nd ranks line to just 19th ranked offensive line, it would have meant it improved. Daniel Jones has never played  behind a 19th ranked offensive line which means he will be doing better and he did pretty well his rookie year.

13 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Thanks? I said it would be hard for the Giants O-Line not to improve. Did not say they would be dominant or even average. If the Giants remain the 32 ranked offensive line then no they are not winning division. This does not mean after their first two games they can't make strides. If they go from the 32nd ranks line to just 19th ranked offensive line, it would have meant it improved. Daniel Jones has never played  behind a 19th ranked offensive line which means he will be doing better and he did pretty well his rookie year.

Just messing with you.  But it backs up my point that this OL is a bottom-of-the-league unit.  Which makes it hard to take you ranking them as the clear 2nd best offense in the division seriously.

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Just messing with you.  But it backs up my point that this OL is a bottom-of-the-league unit.  Which makes it hard to take you ranking them as the clear 2nd best offense in the division seriously.

Your team has a five game losing streak against mine. I am willing to bet you have an excuse for each and everyone of those loses. Which is fine, you don't take the Giants seriously. I look forward to hearing your excuses when the Giants offense makes stride after the 2nd game of the season and win this division. 

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Does that mean you're predicting a loss against Washington week 2? 

Yes. I have stated this in other sections of this message board including the Giants section. Just because you don't have respect for my team, does not mean I don't have respect for yours.

Edited by Go_Giants

4 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Yes. I have stated this in other sections of this message board including the Giants section. Just because you don't have respect for my team, does not mean I don't have respect for yours.

Not sure why you are getting so defensive?  I've never said I don't have respect for your team.  I think you will end up in 3rd place in this division, and have actually talked about how competitive your team would be with every team in the league here:

And here:

Edited by HTTRDynasty

8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Not sure why you are getting so defensive?  I've never said I don't have respect for your team.  I think you will end up in 3rd place in this division, and have actually talked about how competitive your team would be with every team in the league here:

Wow and your even willing to say the Giants are better than the Texans and the Jags too, thanks. 

3 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

People on the internet read what they want to, not what you say. When you say 'improve', they hear in their head "gor from 32 to top 5". When all you mean is that they have a chance to be better than they were, even if its just slightly better. 

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Bottom of the league, last year. I think to often we ignore that groups can improve year to year. GB a couple seasons went from a bottom 10 pass rushing team to top 10 in 1 year. 

I would be curious to see the stability of PFF's O-line grades from year to year. 

Even more interesting would be to see the average improvement from the rookie season to the sophomore season.  The Giants will have three sophomores starting on the O-line this year.  A lot is riding on them

Edited by Gmen

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Bottom of the league, last year. I think to often we ignore that groups can improve year to year. GB a couple seasons went from a bottom 10 pass rushing team to top 10 in 1 year. 

42 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I would be curious to see the stability of PFF's O-line grades from year to year. 

Even more interesting would be to see the average improvement from the rookie season to the sophomore season.  The Giants will have three sophomores starting on the O-line this year.  A lot is riding on them

I think what you guys may be missing is that these aren't last year's OL rankings.  PFF is basically projecting what they think the OL performance will look like this year for each team, and ranking them accordingly.  Obviously, this won't be an accurate list at season's end, but it takes any projected improvement into account.  

I don't think the Giants will have the 32nd ranked OL this year, largely due to injuries that will inevitably happen to other OLs around the league, schedule, etc., but my point is that I expect this OL unit to hold that Giants offense back from what it otherwise could be.