πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

He does have a history of fading when he is missing certain guys, specifically Amari Cooper.

Hes never missed a game before, so there is no history without Cooper.Β 

Β 

Now, if you meant Tyron Smith, then yes. We have a history of imploding when Smith goes down.

4 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Dak is a legit elite QB and the best in the NFCE but I think yesterday threw some cold water on the MVP talk. Missing Cooper and Lamb gives him some leeway but Gallup and Wilson are a decent duo on their own and he still had Zeke back there. Not going to get much sympathy from me in the injury department though...

Guess it depends on your definition of elite. He’s not there for me. I know elite when I see it. He’s good. And you can win with good. But not elite for me.Β 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

he go down again?

No. I’m being dramatic. He got dinged up. He’s fine it seems. But he’s not the same anymore imo. Just not that crazy runner anymore. He’s still ok I guess. Don’t see him ever getting back to that elite RB slot again.Β 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Terrible take.

hmmm.. I bet my opinion is more shared than yours is.Β 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

What’s your parameters for elite?Β 

Thats tough. As a rule of thumb it means "tier 1". Im not saying he is the top of tier 1. I am saying he is in tier 1. Some people will call that "top 5" - - but its not always 5 people. The numberΒ grows and shrinks year to year. But he is Vegas's #5 person for MVP after yesterday, he was #3 before the game. Thats elite. 3rd to 5th most important person in the entire league is elite.Β 

8 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

No. I’m being dramatic. He got dinged up. He’s fine it seems. But he’s not the same anymore imo. Just not that crazy runner anymore. He’s still ok I guess. Don’t see him ever getting back to that elite RB slot again.Β 

Gotcha, watched a little bit early and year didn't seem like he had a lot in the tank.
Get that he was coming back from an ankle, but getting drafted there killed his career.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

hmmm.. I bet my opinion is more shared than yours is.Β 

Thats tough. As a rule of thumb it means "tier 1". Im not saying he is the top of tier 1. I am saying he is in tier 1. Some people will call that "top 5" - - but its not always 5 people. The numberΒ grows and shrinks year to year. But he is Vegas's #5 person for MVP after yesterday, he was #3 before the game. Thats elite. 3rd to 5th most important person in the entire league is elite.Β 

It’s not a bad argument. Vegas obviously accounts for stat whores in their MVP odds which doesn’t exactly make you elite. I don’t know if I’ve ever considered Stafford elite (maybe a couple seasons)Β and he’s 3rd in the odds. Elite and MVP odds don’t really equate.Β Β I feel if youreΒ elite, you’re top 3 in your respective field or position. Dak’s good. I’d put him in the 5-8 range though. I’ve just seen too much baffoonery to label him elite. He makes some head scratching decisions a fair amount, for whatever reason. I think maybe the problem for me is kind of whatΒ you explained; Dak can be considered a top 10 QB always but that number varies a lot for me. I think consistency and obviouslyΒ winning are good legs to consider someone elite. I think Dak lacks in those categories. Then again, maybe I’m naturally too tough on him.Β 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What’s your parameters for elite?Β 

Β I'd say Dak is tier 2. That larger group behind that top small group. People capable of playing into those 4-7 spots week to week.

It changes week to week, kind of a hard thing to nail down really.
And like when do you strip it? Because Russ has been an elite player for a long time, but they look awful.
So is it an all time label or this year label? All time Dak hasn't been, this year you can make an argument.. especially if it has to be 5.Β 

Personally a trait I value a lot for an elite label is, will they put you in position for success by themselves and elevate the team around them. I don't think Dak does, a lot of other guys who do have that label don't seem as affected by people being out or raise up much lesser talent.Β 

Not gonna sink him for this game alone though. Has a shot to finish high still with the way they've played this year.
Β 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I'd say Dak is tier 2. That larger group behind that top small group.

Who is the large group. We are talking about *this year* only. There is no one in the NFL consistently outplaying Dak. You could make a case for Brady, but not really. Dude just lost to the skins....Β 

If Dak is not tier 1 this year, than no one is.Β 

Β 

Ill address the rest of your post later. Im taking a break from working on the car. About to go finish up.Β