🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

On 11/10/2021 at 3:40 PM, Jroc04 said:
On 11/10/2021 at 11:48 AM, EagleBlueDon said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/trevon-diggs-dallas-cowboys-dpoy-interceptions-penalties

Nice little article about my good friend Trevon Diggs being massively overrated.

Don’t know what the article says but seen a stat or some metric that he’s just a massive gambler essentially. 

I missed this before but its nonsense. We play a solid amount of man and we put Diggs on the #1. Most teams play zone, so its not nearly as easy to track DB stats as a good chunk goes to the safeties. 

Is he a gambler? Yes. But hes not overrated and teams cant avoid him like that article suggest with out also avoiding their (probably) most important playmakers. 

I mean - You want Devonte to get no targets? Of course not. No team is going to avoid him because unlike the Shermans of the world - he doesnt always just play 1 side.

Plus - this is exactly the point of man. You get turnovers but you give up plays. 

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I missed this before but its nonsense. We play a solid amount of man and we put Diggs on the #1. Most teams play zone, so its not nearly as easy to track DB stats as a good chunk goes to the safeties. 

Is he a gambler? Yes. But hes not overrated and teams cant avoid him like that article suggest with out also avoiding their (probably) most important playmakers. 

I mean - You want Devonte to get no targets? Of course not. No team is going to avoid him because unlike the Shermans of the world - he doesnt always just play 1 side.

Plus - this is exactly the point of man. You get turnovers but you give up plays. 

I didn’t read the article but I’ve seen more than a couple write-ups about his boom or bust type play. Im not necessarily knocking him but he’s getting talk of DPOY and that’s what’s non sense, IMO. He’s a good, young talent. More ballhawk than shutdown I think. And that’s just because of the way he plays, not necessarily because of his talent or ability. He was a WR, I expect him to get after the ball. I think the INTs tend to send some signal that you can’t throw on him. And I don’t think that’s the case. Which makes him overrated in my book. But you’re also talking about a rating of DPOY. And I don’t see that, yet. He’s got more than enough time to get there, possibly. But he has to round out his game before that happens. Especially, against the run where I’ve seen he’s notably bad at. It’s just a quick trigger to say he’s in the race of best defensive player because he has good ball skills and has had some fortunate bounces to get those turnovers. 

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I didn’t read the article but I’ve seen more than a couple write-ups about his boom or bust type play. Im not necessarily knocking him but he’s getting talk of DPOY and that’s what’s non sense, IMO. He’s a good, young talent. More ballhawk than shutdown I think. And that’s just because of the way he plays, not necessarily because of his talent or ability. He was a WR, I expect him to get after the ball. I think the INTs tend to send some signal that you can’t throw on him. And I don’t think that’s the case. Which makes him overrated in my book. But you’re also talking about a rating of DPOY. And I don’t see that, yet. He’s got more than enough time to get there, possibly. But he has to round out his game before that happens. Especially, against the run where I’ve seen he’s notably bad at. It’s just a quick trigger to say he’s in the race of best defensive player because he has good ball skills and has had some fortunate bounces to get those turnovers. 

Asante Samuel had 9 INTs for us in 2009. If he was even considered for DPOY, he lost to Charles Woodson who I believe also had 9 INTs but was also a well rounded player compared to AS and had better stats overall. Unless you are leagues above everyone else with the amount of INTs in a year or you break a record, INTs are not always be the best indicator of overall performance, much like sacks.

4 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I really don't think the Chiefs are a powerhouse anymore and I can completely see Dallas beating them. I mean the Eagles played them relatively tight earlier this year...

Bruh you gave up  42 points  against them...  Mahomes dropped 5 TDs on you...you gave up 200 yds  rushing... I mean sure you scored some points but...they aren't known for a stifling D.  

52 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Bruh you gave up  42 points  against them...  Mahomes dropped 5 TDs on you...you gave up 200 yds  rushing... I mean sure you scored some points but...they aren't known for a stifling D.  

I never said we almost won... we played them way tighter than most expected. It was a one score game in the fourth quarter. We were never winning that game, but my comment was about how the Chiefs aren't what they used to be. Wasn't commenting on the state of the Eagles or them being some competitive team lol.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

4 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Yet despite all of those number the Eagles had 3 TD taken off the board for penalties.  Wasn't as lopsided as the Box score suggests. 

Dallas can beat the Chiefs, they aren't some juggernaut this year

On 11/19/2021 at 3:33 PM, Matts4313 said:

Call your shots - are we getting smacked down or nah?

Unforunately I don't think so. Chiefs are not back, or at least didn't show it vs Oakland. They'll be back when Mahomes is playing well again, and despite his stat line I was really not impressed with him vs Raiders. He had at least 3 turnover worthy throws last week, including 1 of his TD passes. These TO worthy throws are an especially big deal if we assume teams will continue to spam cover 2 and essentially force Mahomes to play the role of "game manger" instead of highlight reel. 

Cowboys 31

Chiefs 20