Dak, the QB of the future or not.

resilient part 2

Dak, the QB of the future or NOT  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Has Dak shown enough to make Dak our QB going forward, OR NOT!

• definitely has shown enough promise to build around
    • NO he sucks and Dallas needs to find his replacement.

9 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Well we are supposedly getting the greatest football mind the NFL has ever seen as a OC with a supposed offensive guru calling the plays again so his production should dwarf Mahomes next year. Either way that game was winnable and it was Dak himself who said he wanted the game in his hands.

I'm the first to admit I'm being or have been very wishy-washy on this topic and not "picked a side".

But come on man. Sure that game was winnable. But don't lose sight of the fact the defense gave up record yards on the ground. The Rams owned TOP of possession. And when we had a chance to get the ball back to our offense at the end of the game the D couldn't do it. So Dak to a certain degree didn't have a chance to drive down and to tie the game. He certainly didn't make enough mistakes to lose that game. Not to mention the timing and quality of 3 penalties.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 1

Aw the Dak debate.  Here's where I stand.  Coming out of college he should have sat for a few years learning the trade but was thrown into the fire.  He has challenges with anticipation/timing of wr routes and sensing the pass rush.  He does have tremendous leadership skills that can't be taught.  His team rallies around him.  First 3 years in the league he's done pretty well for a fourth round pick. The challenge in Dallas is historically we have been spoiled at QB.  If you aren't the second coming of Staubach and Aikman, contributing to Super Bowl championship teams you will ultimately be deemed a failure as a QB.  Heck we've heard posters on here say, and I'm paraphrasing that Dak is not worthy of being a starting QB in this league.  Rubbish.

Now we are getting him a new OC, and a new QB coach.  We have all been asking for this.  Hopefully we see a change in philosophy that utilizes Dak's strengths.  Find him a veteran back up along with a reliable TE and you will see progression.  Factor in a full season of Amari Cooper as well as the continued emergence of Gallup and I think we are in good hands.  Getting Frederick back will be huge.

The question will be how long do we extend him for and how much are we going to pay him?  Dak will get an extension.  He's earned it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, D82 said:

Every single QB in the NFL, be they a backup or an All-Pro starter misses wide open receivers. It happens. Brady, Brees, Mahomes, Rodgers - ALL of them, have missed a wide open receiver at one time or another. 

Sure, he took some sacks toward the beginning of the year that he probably could have avoided - but, as numbers have shown, his sack numbers are right in line with some other very good QBs. And, it's an area he improved on later in the season. People LOVED to complain about Romo in his early years making risky throws when he should have just took the sack or threw the ball away. 

You can't deny Dak has shown the ability to put the team on his back and win in this league. Remember that game against Pittsburgh in 2016? Remember him going toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers in the playoffs? The kid has a lot of potential and his team feeds off that. They love playing with the guy. QBs aren't easy to come by in this league, and sometimes you have to overpay to keep a good one. We might have to "overpay" Dak, but in another year or two his contract will likely look much more ideal compared to some of the others being handed out. 

It's like some of you guys don't actually watch the rest of the NFL and just like to nitpick every single thing to have something to complain about.

Attacking someone as being not as smart as you or knowledgeable is a bad argument and only makes the one doing it look bad. I have watched a lot of football games and I have acknowledged that Dak does make good throws. BUT if you want please take the last game as a sample and tell me how many throws Dak missed, take the game before and tell me how many throws Dak missed(one was intercepted when he underthrew). He has not gotten better as the year has gone on and I really don't give a rats A$$ how the rest of the QB's in the league have done because we are talking about the BALL CONTROL Dallas Cowboys and how someone operates in this BALL CONTROL system. Dak makes great throws at times I have never said anything but that but as a elite/franchise/cap busting QB you better be able to keep the offense on the field by hitting wide open receivers and he has shown multiple times this season he is unable to do that consistently. I love his leadership, passion, toughness but I know to win in this league he has to hit the easy targets. Maybe he can and maybe he can't but we are going to see. 

51 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I'm the first to admit I'm being or have been very wishy-washy on this topic and not "picked a side".

But come on man. Sure that game was winnable. But don't lose sight of the fact the defense gave up record yards on the ground. The Rams owned TOP of possession. And when we had a chance to get the ball back to our offense at the end of the game the D couldn't do it. So Dak to a certain degree didn't have a chance to drive down and to tie the game. He certainly didn't make enough mistakes to lose that game. Not to mention the timing and quality of 3 penalties.

There was 2 drives back to back where Dak missed open receivers causing the D to be right back on the field. D sucked in the game, no doubt or argument but the O did nothing to help. 

9 hours ago, quiller said:

I looked it up previously and right now Goff has a chance to do something NO other three year or less QB has ever done and that includes Brady.  Win a super bowl  where his opponent during  that playoff  year scored more than 18 points.    And he is getting this chance based on that horrendous bad call at end of the saints game that should have eliminated him  

so yeah young QB some times put up great numbers during the season  but don’t win in the play offs  with out great defenses behind them    

It’s amazing to read all this also do you realize how much heat would have fallen in Dak if he went through a play off game where the offense only got 16 yards for the whole half????

mahomes was lucky his defense keep him in the game for three quarters  before he started doing something   

While Dak had to get through a game where his defense stopped the opponent only ONCE   Yet it still was a one possession  game at the end   

And did anyone watch Goff against the saints and he didn’t play any better then Dak did against the Rams Goff played a good end game but was terrible at the beginning   Interception  missed a lot of open guys you no those things that get Dak crucified 

NOW both Goff and Mahomes are better passers mechanically then Dak  

are they better winners in the clutch  that remains to be seen mahomes hasn’t won a clutch game yet and Dak has won just as many clutch playoff games as Goff.  Clutch being leading his team to a winning score in the 4th qtr.  are they better making plays with their feet well I would say no   

Are Goff Mahimes overall better at this point I would say yes but they also are in better situations offensively then Dak over past two years and remember Dak was great as a rookie year one as much as Mahomes was this year in terms of QB efficiency and wins   And like Mahomes (s 2nd yr QB) lost a shoot out to a hall of fame QB in the playoffs where he did great all game not just one qtr 

preach brother preach

OH and excuse me for living under a rock the last few days, BUT DAK PRESCOTT is in the PRO-BOWL. Holy freakin sheesh. Imagine that some of you guys want him replaced. 

SHAME SHAME SHAME. I don't mind posters being wrong, BUT MAN THE F UP and eat some CROW already. STOP NIT picking all the little things and recognize that Dallas has a capable franchise QB, who will only get better.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

OH and excuse me for living under a rock the last few days, BUT DAK PRESCOTT is in the PRO-BOWL. Holy freakin sheesh. Imagine that some of you guys want him replaced. 

SHAME SHAME SHAME. I don't mind posters being wrong, BUT MAN THE F UP and eat some CROW already. STOP NIT picking all the little things and recognize that Dallas has a capable franchise QB, who will only get better.

Dak is an average QB. Go find a real reason to enjoy our roster. There are players on our team that are tops at their positions. We don't have to celebrate mediocrity 

QBs that I would take over Dak for the superbowl next week:

Andrew Luck

Pat Mahomes

Aaron Rodgers

Jared Goff

Dashaun Watson

Carson Wentz

Russell Wilson

Baker Mayfield

Cam Newton

Kirk Cousins 

Matthew Stafford 

Big Ben

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Philip Rivers

Jimmy G

Then Maybeeee Dak, somewhere with these guys:

Nick Foles

Case Keenum

Ryan Fitzpatrick 

Tyrod Taylor 

Joe Flacco

Derek Carr

Josh Allen

Sam Darnold 

Lamar Jackson

Mitch Trubisky 

Josh Rosen

So he is somewhere in that 15-25th best QB in the league.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

QBs that I would take over Dak for the superbowl next week:

Andrew Luck

Pat Mahomes

Aaron Rodgers

Jared Goff

Dashaun Watson

Carson Wentz

Russell Wilson

Baker Mayfield

Cam Newton

Kirk Cousins 

Matthew Stafford 

Big Ben

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Philip Rivers

Jimmy G

Jared Goff

Then Maybeeee Dak, somewhere with these guys:

Nick Foles

Case Keenum

Ryan Fitzpatrick 

Tyrod Taylor 

Joe Flacco

Derek Carr

Josh Allen

Sam Darnold 

Lamar Jackson

Mitch Trubisky 

Josh Rosen

So he is somewhere in that 15-25th best QB in the league.

In case you cannot see me I am slow clapping at this response. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

There was 2 drives back to back where Dak missed open receivers causing the D to be right back on the field. D sucked in the game, no doubt or argument but the O did nothing to help. 

Look, I'm not hard up for Dak or a "hater". But so what two drives stalled in a row. We've had two drives in a row stall due to penalties before for example. Ish happens. Leets not forget none of us were ecstatic about the play calling.

All this does for me is harken back to the Romo arguments. It's a team sport. From HC, OC, DC, players etc. Suppose the defense held there own and we ran the ball better. We wouldn't be having this conversation. But to pick, so it seems, the Rams game, is just not a very good example IMO.

Edited by HDsportsfan

On 1/20/2019 at 11:22 PM, resilient part 2 said:

@DaBoys claims that I am in the minority on how good Dak can be. Ironically I feel @DaBoys is more in the minority.

Lets end this once and for all in a Vote.

This is the OP. 

Everyone knows I think Dak is average to below average. As such, I can name a good size group of guys that can come in and put up equal, better, or slightly worse production than Dak.

Now, some of these guys are 36 years old or older. So I'd rather have Dak moving forward. I'm just talking about next game.

4 hours ago, atran35 said:

He is in the PRO BOWL because Drew Brees bowed out due to injuries. Please enough with the Pro Bowl nonsense. Michael Vick was in it a few times I am aware

I am aware Dak is a pro bowl replacements, but diminishing that is so typical there was so many other quarterbacks that could have been chosen but they were not Dak was. Dak in only three years has already been to the Pro Bowl twice and yet people on here claim he is average to below-average. That's either total blindness or trolling I don't see any other way to put it