When will Andy Reid win a SB with the Chiefs?

Slingin' Sammy

When will Andy Reid win the SB?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. When will Andy Reid win the SB?

• 2022 or beyond
    • Never

37 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

If it happens, it has to happen next year. The Chiefs will be competent with Mahomes every year but I feel like more in the 10-6 range most years when they have their top players on huge contracts. Next year these players are still on rookie deals so it's their chance. After that it will get much tougher.

One of the feel-good stories from yesterday was the performance of Damien Williams.  The Chiefs paid so much to get him in free agency after he had such an incredible regular season career with Miami. It was great to see one of the top running backs in the game finally make some noise in the postseason. 

Superbowl on the line?  No problem for an established star like Williams.  He sliced through BB's defense for three touchdowns as the Chiefs and Patriots traded leads in the second half.

1 minute ago, blizofoz45 said:

One of the feel-good stories from yesterday was the performance of Damien Williams.  The Chiefs paid so much to get him in free agency after he had such an incredible regular season career with Miami. It was great to see one of the top running backs in the game finally make some noise in the postseason. 

Superbowl on the line?  No problem for an established star like Williams.  He sliced through BB's defense for three touchdowns as the Chiefs and Patriots traded leads in the second half.

I'm sure the Chiefs will find another all-world WR in the 5th round who dropped because he beat a woman who changed the entire outlook of the offense. Will be easy for Andy. 

Damien Williams was really a stud yesterday with his 30 yards rushing on 10 attempts also. He easily replaced Hunt. I'm sure the Chiefs score zero points with Hunt in the first half.

The window is there for the next couple years.

Offense will be fine as long Kelce, Hill, and Mahomes are there with an average line.  Watkins is good, don’t like his price tag but the rest can be replaced if they want to much $$$.

Defense is about 3 pieces from being a pretty decent group.  ILB needs to be a top priority again,  Hitchens isn’t worth the money, he can slide into Raglands spot with DOD coming in on 3rd downs,  a rangy ILB makes these front 7 really good though.  C. Jones looks like will be locked up, don’t see Bailey going anywhere, Houston is good for another couple years, and Ford will most likely be tagged.  Not sure what they are going to do with Speaks,  don’t have much hope.  He either needs to rework his body, or put on some pounds and play on the line.  Same with Tanoh, we have 2 backups OLB’s that don’t really fit the scheme currently.

Secondary still needs another CB and S that aren’t awful,  Maybe 2 of each of Berry doesn’t return to form and Nelson wants to much $$$.

It’s there for a 2 year window though if they put the pieces around their pass rushers though

20 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I'm sure the Chiefs will find another all-world WR in the 5th round who dropped because he beat a woman who changed the entire outlook of the offense. Will be easy for Andy. 

He'd fit right in on a scandal-ridden team like the Patriots.  Is it really that hard to find a DD for Josh Gordon. Now we get spend the next two weeks getting a refresher on Spygate and how your OC got caught doing the same thing in Denver.  No matter what the Patriots accomplish there will always be an asterix next to it.

16 minutes ago, blizofoz45 said:

He'd fit right in on a scandal-ridden team like the Patriots.  Is it really that hard to find a DD for Josh Gordon. Now we get spend the next two weeks getting a refresher on Spygate and how your OC got caught doing the same thing in Denver.  No matter what the Patriots accomplish there will always be an asterix next to it.

Ummm, I think you mean "asterisk". For some reason that word is frequently misspelled/ mispronounced in the way you have written it.

This is the real Asterix!

Image result for Asterix

6 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Andy Reid’s teams choke every year and He’s been a coach for 20 years. You either have it or you don’t. This year he had homefield the mvp and facing a team that has been embarassed on the road several times this season and still couldn’t get it done

That's not fair.  The loss yesterday wasn't on Andy Reid.  You can't call the guy a choker because they lost a game in overtime. 

'facing a team that's been embarrassed on the road' - bro, it's the freaking Patriots.  They've played in eight straight AFC title games, Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have gone to NINE SUPERBOWLS.  There's no shame in losing to those guys in OT.

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

It’s there for a 2 year window though if they put the pieces around their pass rushers though

It might be a two year window for Andy Reid (or however long he coaches KC), but in general the window is about 12-15 years for the Chiefs.

4 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Aside from Ford showing up with the offsides, Brady had a clean pocket most of the 4th and OT.

That was far more schematic than anything. We didn't do anything to stop the short pass on the back end and we never got creative with our pressure. Against Brady, 100% man on the outside, no press coverage, no blitzing, you aren't going to get pressure.

We need a new DC. We get that, it could be next year. History suggests it will happen at some point regardless if Mahomes is as legit as he looked this year.

3 hours ago, bzane said:

Ummm, I think you mean "asterisk". For some reason that word is frequently misspelled/ mispronounced in the way you have written it.

This is the real Asterix!

Image result for Asterix

That's cool you're familiar with that.  I grew up overseas and used to read about the Gaul who beat up Romans all the time. My favorite book was when he went to Britain and there was a running joke about warm beer.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

That's not fair.  The loss yesterday wasn't on Andy Reid.  You can't call the guy a choker because they lost a game in overtime. 

Zero excuse for putting up a goose egg in the 1st half at home with an all-pro QB, WR, and TE. You can't only play a solid half of football against the Pats. 

I expect the Chiefs to field next year their best team in the foreseeable future. 

The year for the SB was always next year but Mahomes' greatness gave this team a chance this year.

This team was good enough to win a SB, despite Bob Sutton and some clear defensive issues but next year is really the year.

I actually expected the Chiefs to lose to the Saints, maybe the Rams but they had no business losing to the Pats as far as I am concerned.

Bob Sutton will be shown the door in a second. 

2 hours ago, blizofoz45 said:

That's cool you're familiar with that.  I grew up overseas and used to read about the Gaul who beat up Romans all the time. My favorite book was when he went to Britain and there was a running joke about warm beer.

Well, yes- among others.

Image result for Tintin
The Adventures of Tintin - Wikipedia
Tintin is standing in a group amongst the main characters of the comics series.

Images may be subject to copyright. Learn More

Image result for Tintin

Archived