Best 1 Year Peak: Adrian Peterson, Marshall Faulk, LT

mdonnelly21

54 members have voted

1. 1. Best 1 Year Peak

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

No 93 Emmitt Smith, 97 Barry, 84 Dickerson, etc?

Your years aren't all exactly correct, but I'd also add '98 Terrell Davis to this list.

Still all that considered. I'll take 06 LT #1. 2323 Yards from scrimmage and 31 total Touchdowns. Absolutely mind boggling numbers.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

06 Tomlinson. Pure dominance. The amount of TD's he produced was astounding. He was a monster for 99.9% of his playing career, but that year was spectacular and special. He might be the GOAT RB for me.

Haver to agree here.. LT was a different monster.. Crazy longevity and has an argument as the best of all time 

52 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

It’s Marshall Faulk easy. LT and AP were both pure runners. None of them were close to the receiver Faulk was 

What? LT was an elite receiving back. If Faulk was better, it was marginally. And he was a much better pure runningback. Take those Rams shades off dude.

57 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

What? LT was an elite receiving back. If Faulk was better, it was marginally. And he was a much better pure runningback. Take those Rams shades off dude.

No he wasn’t. Faulk and LT were both about even. Faulk was a better receiver LT was a better runner, but overall they were equal. 

Most people forget how great Faulk was and only remember LT. 

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

No 93 Emmitt Smith, 97 Barry, 84 Dickerson, etc?

Nope. Why would there be? 

He’s asking about 3 specific players. Not like he said which of these have the GOAT season, just which of the three had the best year amongst the three.

Tomlinson, by a pretty significant margin. 

3 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

None of them were close to the receiver Faulk was 

Que? Tomlinson once caught 100 passes in a single season (2003). He caught 56/508 in his '06 season. 

Marshall Faulk was a better receiver, sure. But it was close.

42 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Tomlinson, by a pretty significant margin. 

Que? Tomlinson once caught 100 passes in a single season (2003). He caught 56/508 in his '06 season. 

Marshall Faulk was a better receiver, sure. But it was close.

No way was it a significant margin. The difference in running was equal to the difference in receiving. 

Marshall was a fantastic finesse runner and he could line up at wr at any given moment.  

LT was one of the best pure runners I’ve ever seen. He was a better runner, but he wasn’t a significantly better runner than Faulk. 

10 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

No way was it a significant margin. 

My response was to the specific question, their "one year peak": Tomlinson's 2006 season was perhaps the best season by a RB ever

Marshall does come in 2nd with his 2000 season, his receiving impact was greater than what Tomlinson did as a receiver, but Tomlinson was simply unstoppable in 2006.

It's not a knock on Faulk, mind you.

Archived