Best 1 Year Peak: Adrian Peterson, Marshall Faulk, LT

mdonnelly21

54 members have voted

1. 1. Best 1 Year Peak

In 97, Sanders did have Moore and Morton taking some pressure off but it's not like he had a great line and Scott Mitchell was still the QB and he wasn't throwing 30 TDs that year, he was rather pedestrian. Course AP had Christian Ponder.

But I'm assuming OP is just asking from the 3 choices, because otherwise Earl Campbell and O.J. have to be on the list along with Dickerson.

Of the list I take AP.

On 1/23/2019 at 2:44 PM, BleedTheClock said:

06 Tomlinson. Pure dominance. The amount of TD's he produced was astounding. He was a monster for 99.9% of his playing career, but that year was spectacular and special. He might be the GOAT RB for me.

Easily this

Having watched Faulk at SDSU and then in the NFL I thought he was arguably the most complete running back ever. Then Tomlinson came to San Diego. He lined up as a wide receiver while being coached by Marty Schottenheimer... that should tell you how good of routes he really ran. The stiff arm was violent, the vision and nose for the goal line was superb. He was the best pass blocking back since Clinton Portia.  He was a better runner then Faulk and equal or marginally worse as a receiver. Tomlinson also had the golden arm though and would throw TD’s from time to time. It was a great time to watch Charger football. 

Number 2 all time for non QB’s throwing. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesportster.com/football/top-10-best-non-quarterback-passers/amp/

Archived