2019 Draft Prospects

Johnny Nix

33 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Congrats!

Also, Bengals should trade down with the Skins.  They need a QB badly and are picking #15.  Moving back 4 spots ain't bad...

Moving back 4 spots would also help make a decision for us.  If Bush is still there, then he's likely the pick and we've added some value (3rd rd pick?).  If Bush is gone, then take whomever is left out of Burns, Sweat, Hockinson, or Dillard.

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Why do I get the feeling Haskins will fall into our lap at 11 and we'll take him?

Because it makes sense and people are over thinking it.  Saw on Twitter someone trying to use the Penn State game on why he'll be a bust because he didn't do great when pressured.  The same game he led 2 TD drives in the last 6 minutes to come back and win on the road in one of the most hostile environments in college football.  Another person talked about how it was all short passes and he was carried by the WR's (the same WR's who weren't half as productive under JT Barrett) without realizing that Dixon was the only deep threat the Bengals had, and he had several deep catches.  Parris Campbell was terrible judging long balls despite all his speed, and McLaurin won on route running and quickness and was used in that capacity because it worked.  If Haskins falls to 11, and the Bengals take him there, this entire draft is a home run for me already.

35 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Because it makes sense and people are over thinking it.  Saw on Twitter someone trying to use the Penn State game on why he'll be a bust because he didn't do great when pressured.  The same game he led 2 TD drives in the last 6 minutes to come back and win on the road in one of the most hostile environments in college football.  Another person talked about how it was all short passes and he was carried by the WR's (the same WR's who weren't half as productive under JT Barrett) without realizing that Dixon was the only deep threat the Bengals had, and he had several deep catches.  Parris Campbell was terrible judging long balls despite all his speed, and McLaurin won on route running and quickness and was used in that capacity because it worked.  If Haskins falls to 11, and the Bengals take him there, this entire draft is a home run for me already.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Haskins. I wouldn't be overly excited by drafting any QB at 11 that isn't Kyler.

I'd rather trade 42 for Rosen or draft Grier in the 3rd if we're looking for a new QB.

23 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Love it...

Not at 11 though, right? If that actually happened how would that even work? Miller and Hart are being paid "starter money". Would Ford sit his rookie year? 

I'd be happy with a trade back if Oliver isn't there (and I don't expect him to be). It's a deep class and the meat of this draft is in the middle rounds. Trade back and take the best player at any position. Hopefully Washington or Miami come calling for a QB.

16 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Not at 11 though, right? If that actually happened how would that even work? Miller and Hart are being paid "starter money". Would Ford sit his rookie year? 

I'd be happy with a trade back if Oliver isn't there (and I don't expect him to be). It's a deep class and the meat of this draft is in the middle rounds. Trade back and take the best player at any position. Hopefully Washington or Miami come calling for a QB.

Absolutely at #11.  If the Bengals were a smart NFL team, re-signing Hart as an insurance policy/backup that they are still trying to develop (because he's 24) is an Ok move. If Jawaan Taylor, Jonah Williams, Andre Dillard, and Cody Ford somehow are all gone by #11 overall, then we're really in a tough spot at RT without Hart as well.  But to go into the season with Bobby Hart as the starting RT with zero competition is beyond idiotic.  I really hope the Bengals take a OT in the first two rounds.

I've also become a fan of Andre Dillard.  My big board for the #11 pick looks like this right now (assuming guys like Quinnen Williams, Bosa, and Kyler are gone):

1. Ed Oliver
  2. Jawaan Taylor
  3. Cody Ford
  4. Jonah Williams
  5. Andre Dillard
  6. Brian Burns
  7. Devin White
  8. Devin Bush
  9. Byron Murphy

Which means we'll draft Rashaan Gary...

8 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:
  • Ed Oliver