NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

41 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

we've been looking into a lot of DTs.

First round Dt incoming.

Doubt it. DT is very deep. We can get a good one in round 5, certainly round 4. I think we want Guice, Hernandez, or LVE, but all 3 will be gone, so we'll probably look to trade down or package 32 and a player (Like Kendricks or Darby) to move up.

I kinda don't want Guice after the new rule about lowering your head though. Juke is the new truck. Give me Chase Edmonds or Penny until that rule goes away.

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I'm meh on d.j. moore wouldn't hate the pick but wouldn't love it either. 

Only issue I see is he wasn’t really required to run many routes.

But I love his skill set, think he has the most chance to be a super star

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Only issue I see is he wasn’t really required to run many routes.

But I love his skill set, think he has the most chance to be a super star

I don't know how much we even need a receiver after the Wallace signing. 

31 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I don't know how much we even need a receiver after the Wallace signing. 

True, but we also don’t need a lot of positions. We really are just planning for the future and going BPA

like we don’t need a DT, but Ngata seems like this is his last year and if Timmy disappoints a little like he did after he got his extension..we could move on from him in two years when the dead money makes sense. Then we’d have this well seasoned cheaper stud to come in right when we need to sign Carson.

Wideout we don’t know what the deal with Nelson is, if they want to sign him back. Plus Wallace seems like a one year option. 

We don’t need a 1st round TE...but we use 2 or 3 of them a lot and Ertz isn’t and Ironman. Would adding a big athletic 1b to Ertz really be so dumb? When you could kill the matchup game with them.

drafting an OT makes no sense because we have two all pros and a pretty solid guy in V. But Peters is probably gone in a year, maybe two. And he’s a risk to miss time. Lane is one more “oh I didn’t know it was banned” from being shut down for awhile. And Big V was good but could definitely get better. So adding a guy to learn and be emergency this year isnt the dumbest 

can do that at a lot of positions.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

True, but we also don’t need a lot of positions. We really are just planning for the future and going BPA

like we don’t need a DT, but Ngata seems like this is his last year and if Timmy disappoints a little like he did after he got his extension..we could move on from him in two years when the dead money makes sense. Then we’d have this well seasoned cheaper stud to come in right when we need to sign Carson.

Wideout we don’t know what the deal with Nelson is, if they want to sign him back. Plus Wallace seems like a one year option. 

We don’t need a 1st round TE...but we use 2 or 3 of them a lot and Ertz isn’t and Ironman. Would adding a big athletic 1b to Ertz really be so dumb? When you could kill the matchup game with them.

drafting an OT makes no sense because we have two all pros and a pretty solid guy in V. But Peters is probably gone in a year, maybe two. And he’s a risk to miss time. Lane is one more “oh I didn’t know it was banned” from being shut down for awhile. And Big V was good but could definitely get better. So adding a guy to learn and be emergency this year isnt the dumbest 

can do that at a lot of positions.

Honestly I just want someone that will contribute in a some way next season. A DT or TE do that (although I don't think anyone is a good fit at 32).

D.J. Moore would just play special teams next year. An OL might not even be active any game.

But anyway getting away from all that.

I saw on a post in Iggles Blitz that we had Iowa Center James Daniels at novacare for a visit. Wonder if going young at center and moving on from Kelce after next season is in the plans. Or they just wanted to know something about him so they brought him in. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Honestly I just want someone that will contribute in a some way next season. A DT or TE do that (although I don't think anyone is a good fit at 32).

D.J. Moore would just play special teams next year. An OL might not even be active any game.

But anyway getting away from all that.

I saw on a post in Iggles Blitz that we had Iowa Center James Daniels at novacare for a visit. Wonder if going young at center and moving on from Kelce after next season is in the plans. Or they just wanted to know something about him so they brought him in. 

I agree I'd love a guy who contributes big.

Probably leaders for that would be a RB, since TEs take time on O. Or drafting a guy like Reid from Stanford. Who would fill the Corey Graham 3rd safety spot and be moved around. Eventually taking over for Rodney. Does he have slot experience or that might be another guy?

I think Moore would have some big plays year one. He could develop his route tree, which at his skill set he can do it, and then come into year 2 as a starter. Alshon does have an injury history, so getting some padding this year and building for the future wouldn’t hurt. He’s too explosive not to see the field.

I wonder if they also wanted an up close scout since he’s likely a Giants target.

6 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Daniels also plays some G, so he'd likely take Wiz's role in 2019 and move to C when Kelce is done. I think Wiz cobtract is up after this season and he'll be difficult to resign 

48 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Daniels also plays some G, so he'd likely take Wiz's role in 2019 and move to C when Kelce is done. I think Wiz cobtract is up after this season and he'll be difficult to resign 

I think he signed a 3 year deal so should have 2 left. 

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I agree I'd love a guy who contributes big.

Probably leaders for that would be a RB, since TEs take time on O. Or drafting a guy like Reid from Stanford. Who would fill the Corey Graham 3rd safety spot and be moved around. Eventually taking over for Rodney. Does he have slot experience or that might be another guy?

I think Moore would have some big plays year one. He could develop his route tree, which at his skill set he can do it, and then come into year 2 as a starter. Alshon does have an injury history, so getting some padding this year and building for the future wouldn’t hurt. He’s too explosive not to see the field.

I wonder if they also wanted an up close scout since he’s likely a Giants target.

This would be smart...as far as immediate impact

According to Stanford's coaching staff 

396 snaps at nickel corner 53.7%

218 snaps at safety 29.6%

112 snaps in the box 15.2%

TE would be the other position that could have an immediate impact. 

6 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

This would be smart...as far as immediate impact

According to Stanford's coaching staff 

396 snaps at nickel corner 53.7%

218 snaps at safety 29.6%

112 snaps in the box 15.2%

TE would be the other position that could have an immediate impact. 

Yea Reid would be a nice Swiss Army knife for the staff. I haven’t watched a ton of him but that kinda guy would help year one.

With TE we’d have to get lucky to get a big impact, because like DEs it takes a year or two for Tightends to really hit their stride usually. But they would definitely impact and be on the field like 30 to 45% of the time at least.

Archived