NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So you'd rather take a guy who is better suited to play on the outside and move him in a worse position to satisfy this mythical idea that a slot isnt worth pick 32? Smart.

No just saying we could go a different direction with that pick. Like trade it down. 

12 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

No just saying we could go a different direction with that pick. Like trade it down. 

We could go in a lot of different directions, and a slot should be in the conversation. Especially if a talent like Alexander is sitting there. 

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

We could go in a lot of different directions, and a slot should be in the conversation. Especially if a talent like Alexander is sitting there. 

If we go secondary at 32 I'd much rather have Justin Reid. Think safety is a bigger need than slot. 

And taking reid opens up Jenkins to play more slot. 

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

If we go secondary at 32 I'd much rather have Justin Reid. Think safety is a bigger need than slot. 

How? The 3rd safety plays less than the slot CB?

I get you want to move on from McLeod in 2019 but Darby is just as likely to be gone by then. The need for a slot CB and a 3rd S are at worst equal and the slot CB will make more of an impact year 1.

If Jaire is gone, id heavily consider Jesse Bates over Reid. He can kind of play both slot CB and 3rd Safety. 

How? The 3rd safety plays less than the slot CB?

I get you want to move on from McLeod in 2019 but Darby is just as likely to be gone by then. The need for a slot CB and a 3rd S are at worst equal and the slot CB will make more of an impact year 1.

If Jaire is gone, id heavily consider Jesse Bates over Reid. He can kind of play both slot CB and 3rd Safety. 

Like I said in my amendment. Taking Reid will open up Jenkins a good slot corner to play slot if need be. But also just for future needs as well. 

Like I said in my amendment. Taking Reid will open up Jenkins a good slot corner to play slot if need be. But also just for future needs as well. 

Or you can just draft an actual slot cb to play the slot and let Jenkins an actual safety play safety.

Or you can just draft an actual slot cb to play the slot and let Jenkins an actual safety play safety.

Did you not just say you would prefer bates over reid because bates could play slot and safety?

Did you not just say you would prefer bates over reid because bates could play slot and safety?

I would take Bates but I wouldn't take him or Reid over Alexander. 

15 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Plus pete I know this is the internet but you really need to stop taking my being flippant to heart bud. 

Im not. Just having a healthy debate with a fellow champion. B|

I would take Bates but I wouldn't take him or Reid over Alexander. 

Im not. Just having a healthy debate with a fellow champion. B|

well seems like you took my tongue in cheek joke about slot corners to mean I hate all slot corners. But in reality I'm just not that big on Alexander. I know everyone loves him and thinks he'll be the best corner in the draft but meh I guess I am dumb. I would take Reid over him. 

Reid is a good versatile player, I think with how they used Corey Graham last year and how McLeod’s lack of versatility hurt us last year a bit (see exposing coverage with every motion in the super bowl) it’s a position they could look into bolstering. Rodney could be moved in two years if I remember correctly.

as for the punter thing, it’s really only a pick that you get crap for if they suck (see henery) But they better be really good. Because you can always find a guy to do an ok job in FA or an UDFA.

35 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Starting to dislike trading down for picks this year. We don’t have the room on the 53 for 6+ rookies. 

How do you know this? I counted like 38 guaranteed spots or so. That leaves quite a bit up for grabs. And, even if some of the later round picks don't make the 53 man roster that doesn't mean we won't put them on IR or the practice squad to stash them. We need as much young talent as we can get with our cap situation and the Wentz contract looming. Howie realizes this.

11 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

guice falls to 32. San fran offers 59 70 and 143 for him. Do you take it?

Yes. RBs are dime a dozen. A first round/borderline second round RB isn't a necessity it's a luxury. 

Archived