NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

Just now, Jlash said:

The weight certainly doesn't hinder his game. Seems like a nitpicky thing to attach to Barkley.

I didn't say it really hinders him, but if he goes from like 233 lbs to 215-220 lbs he will be even faster/more dynamic which is better for how he runs the ball.

16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Smythe is worth mentoning lol and Schultz testing #s were pretty much where Ertz was when he came out of Stanford. Zach looked more athletic on tape though.

Both of them are targets for me.

I know everyone is concentrating on the top TEs, but I think those guys provide better value based on where we likely can get them.

Ertz/Smythe or Schultz/Brown that is a nice group.

I watched a lot of Schultz recently and I came thinking he's the Jordan Matthews of TE's. Everything looks solid, but for some reason he just can't separate. Everyone sticks to him like glue in man coverage. He has better hands than J Matt, but same weaknesses as far not being able to separate despite testing like an athlete who should. 

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I watched a lot of Schultz recently and I came thinking he's the Jordan Matthews of TE's. Everything looks solid, but for some reason he just can't separate. Everyone sticks to him like glue in man coverage. He has better hands than J Matt, but same weaknesses as far not being able to separate despite testing like an athlete who should. 

he'd be an after thought for defensive coordinators here so could probably scheme him open if doug wants

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

he'd be an after thought for defensive coordinators here so could probably scheme him open if doug wants

I have him tied for 5th, so it's not like I think he sucks, but he's a poor mans George Kittle.

45 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Yeah, he doesn't look as athletic as Ertz on the field. 

Don't think he's ever gonna really win stretching defenses vertically, but he knows how to release and win early and with physicality at the top of the route.

Smythe or Schultz aren't sexy picks like some of the other TEs, but their ability to block gives them a nice floor and should allow them to stick as back-ups for a long time which is pretty valuable for a day 3 (round 4?) pick which don't exactly have very high hit rates.

58 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Guice is a good kid. Was great last year and injuries might make him fall to us this year. I'd be happy with him.

Yep. 

Have you read about his background? Some interesting and sad stuff in there.

The whole getting suspended a game for not cutting his hair and shop lifting at 14 years old don't bother me at all.

If I was starving I would probably have done the same thing as a kid.

He sounds like a good kid that just had a pretty tough path to get where he is.

Here's a TE option. 

The Eagles will host Miami TE Chris Herndon on a visit in April, per Josh Norris.

Herndon will workout for the Eagles on Monday and plans to meet with the Eagles as well. It is easy to view Herndon as a possible Trey Burton replacement, lining up as a move receiver in different formations and alignments. Herndon likely will be a day three selection.

Hell-to-the-no on Gesicki. It's not just that he can't block. It's that he won't. And he looks like a straight up wuss when he tries. That sort of limp-wristed attitude is what gets other players injured. He might have gotten away with it playing for PSU blowing garbage teams out 60-7 but that crap won't fly at the pro level.

9 minutes ago, Phire said:

Hell-to-the-no on Gesicki. It's not just that he can't block. It's that he won't. And he looks like a straight up wuss when he tries. That sort of limp-wristed attitude is what gets other players injured. He might have gotten away with it playing for PSU blowing garbage teams out 60-7 but that crap won't fly at the pro level.

I think I have to agree with whomever suggested this. I think Gesicki would be best losing some weight, increasing his agility and explosiveness, playing WR.

I just want BPA at 32. I honestly don't care about position at all (minus QB). It could be a Guard or a Center or a Dline or an outside CB. If he is the best player, turn that card in.

There is no need the Eagles have that can't be filled with a post draft FA or a trade or something.

Just go draft the best player.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I just want BPA at 32. I honestly don't care about position at all (minus QB). It could be a Guard or a Center or a Dline or an outside CB. If he is the best player, turn that card in.

There is no need the Eagles have that can't be filled with a post draft FA or a trade or something.

Just go draft the best player.

This is hopefully what we end up doing.

Archived