Superb Owl LIII Game Day Thread

Sasquatch

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

Neither were close to as bad as the no call PI in New Orleans. 

You realize Goff had his face mask yanked the series prior, right? And there was no flag. Had it been called, LAL has the ball 1st & goal from the 1, and likely scores a TD instead of settling for 3. 

You also realize the Saints had the ball first in OT, but Brees threw a pick, right? 

5 hours ago, Hoodie89 said:

Imagine if Rodgers had a defense who gave up 3 points in a Super Bowl. Heck, any playoff game. The Patriots' defense is consistently underrated and underappreciated through the playoffs. It's the defense and offensive line that won this Super Bowl for them, despite Brady throwing 2 INTs in the AFCCG and 1 INT today.

The Pats gave up 24 points in the 4th quarter against the Chiefs and 14 against the Chargers (that game was a blowout though).

In the other 10 quarters the Pats defense gave up....24 points. 24! They didn't just made Goff look mediocre, Mahones and and the very experienced Rivers looked mediocre for three quarters as well. 

The Pats have done a great job building a team around Brady that will allow him to continue to play despite his age. He has the OL, the running game, the WR, the defense and the special teams. Brady doesn't have to be great or elite for them to win games. He just needs to be okay. I'm sure they will lose players in FA but they always find ways to replace them. They'll lose coaches but will find ways to replace those as well. It's what they do.

BB record against top scoring offenses in the postseason says everything. Isn't it 10-1 or 11-1? 

5 hours ago, Slinky said:

You realize Goff had his face mask yanked the series prior, right? And there was no flag. Had it been called, LAL has the ball 1st & goal from the 1, and likely scores a TD instead of settling for 3. 

You also realize the Saints had the ball first in OT, but Brees threw a pick, right? 

So you're making excuses that the most blatant missed call possibly ever didn't cost NO a trip to the SB, but a DPI you really couldn't see live but could possibly make a case for in slo mo won the Pats the SB?

Nevermind one of the worst QB performances I've seen in a SB and a HC who decided to start benching their best player in the two biggest games of the season. That missed call decided the game. Lol.

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So you're making excuses that the most blatant missed call possibly ever didn't cost NO a trip to the SB, but a DPI you really couldn't see live but could possibly make a case for in slo mo won the Pats the SB?

Nevermind one of the worst QB performances I've seen in a SB and a HC who decided to start benching their best player in the two biggest games of the season. That missed call decided the game. Lol.

I suspect we're gonna find out that RB wasn't 100%.

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Chicken or the egg ? Not sure many guys were open. As usual it's Belichick that's the man. 

I don't disagree that Bill is amazing, but there were certainly throws Goff missed. Cooks was wide open in the endzone and Goff was way late on and should have been a TD. Romo pointed out Goff hit the wrong read earlier in the game too and missed what could have been a TD.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Yes. You can read. Nice job.

The refs never miss those PI when the WRs is BLATANTLY getting his arm held down. 

Archived