2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

36 minutes ago, Hawkeyejam said:

TJ Hockenson will test really well with Vertical, Broad Jump, and agility drills. Faster than expected 40 too. He gets unfairly judged to Fants athletic rep

Yeah I've seen more than 1 person seem to allude to the fact that Hockenson isn't fast. I think that's ridiculous. He's not going to run a 4.5, but he's fast enough to be considered a "fast" TE. He'll hit a high 4.6-low 4.7 at the absolute worst. He was cruising away from some of the fastest linebackers in the nation in college. Smoking OSU's linebackers 2 years ago with straight vertical routes. I'm not sure why so many people question his speed and overlook the fact that he's small for a TE. I get the sense a lot of people haven't watched him play. I'm seeing him compared to these 6'6 265+ TE's when he's extremely sleight of frame and has legitimate seam-stretching speed. Yeah he's an elite blocker for a TE, but that's purely on effort and want-to. He has the frame of a slot TE/WR hybrid. Weird prospect, but I do absolutely love him.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

he's extremely sleight of frame

You've said this more than once now, and it's been pointed out that he's likely going to be in the 6'5 250 lb range like just about every site he's listed on. 'Incredibly small' and 'extremely slight' just aren't accurate when describing him IMO.

29 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You've said this more than once now, and it's been pointed out that he's likely going to be in the 6'5 250 lb range like just about every site he's listed on. 'Incredibly small' and 'extremely slight' just aren't accurate when describing him IMO.

Image result for tj hockenson

Image result for tj hockensonImage result for tj hockenson

I might be wrong, but look at the dude's waist. He looks like a twig.

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Image result for tj hockensonImage result for tj hockenson

I might be wrong, but look at the dude's waist. He looks like a twig.

The 3rd pic is from 2015 (when he was in HS announcing his intent to play at Iowa), and I'm too lazy to see where you're getting the rest of the photos from or point how hard it is to tell anything from them, but I can post just as many that show him looking bigger and it won't prove either point. We'll just have to wait until the combine I guess.

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

The 3rd pic is from 2015 (when he was in HS announcing his intent to play at Iowa), and I'm too lazy to see where you're getting the rest of the photos from or point how hard it is to tell anything from them, but I can post just as many that show him looking bigger and it won't prove either point. We'll just have to wait until the combine I guess.

I get it, but he looks this thin on tape too. Combine should be interesting!

He looks slight a bit because dude has a huge frame and lanky. Holds alot of weight in his arms and legs. Massive biceps which explains why he's  so strong running routes out of inline and being able to use his hands to get free. I did read somewhere where people believe he could get up to 265-270 from 250 and still retain his current athleticism.

180810MediaDay0301_SA.jpg?width=539

5b6ec9d2efd6b.image.jpg?resize=1200,760

22 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Didn't know where to post this, but Usain Bolt at 32-years-old just tied the NFL combine record for the 40 yard dash at 4.22 seconds while wearing sweatpants and sneakers.

I hope people stop thinking that anyone could have beaten him at his peak.

It was a stunt just FYI. Video analysis shows he ran a 4.60 roughly. He's still the fastest person to ever live and would beat anyone with proper conditions, but that 4.22 wasn't actually real. 

On 2/3/2019 at 3:40 PM, IDOG_det said:

It was a stunt just FYI. Video analysis shows he ran a 4.60 roughly. He's still the fastest person to ever live and would beat anyone with proper conditions, but that 4.22 wasn't actually real. 

Where did you find this video analysis btw? I couldn't find it.

On 2/3/2019 at 12:40 PM, IDOG_det said:

He also had to slow down at the end to not destroy himself from running into the barrier at the end. 

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

Where did you find this video analysis btw? I couldn't find it.

A few different people showed it on twitter. It's simple really, you just count the number of frames from his start until he crosses the 40, divide that by the frames per second, and that tells you how long he was actually running for.

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

He also had to slow down at the end to not destroy himself from running into the barrier at the end. 

For sure, which is a part of the reason why this was a stunt, it just isn't proper conditions to run a 40 in.

6 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

A few different people showed it on twitter. It's simple really, you just count the number of frames from his start until he crosses the 40, divide that by the frames per second, and that tells you how long he was actually running for.

Link me bro, I can't find it. I wanna be able to refer someone to this, telling someone  to count FPS and then do math doesn't win me any disagreements. Haha.

Archived