2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

If guys like Jaylon Smith and Sidney Jones are any indication, he won't slip past the early second at the latest. I'd bet that someone in the back-end of the 1st round will roll the dice on him/take him. The Patriots, Rams, or a team that has an additional 1st rounder/trade ammo to move back up and get him wouldn't be out of the question IMO.

Both were clean character wise.  That's not the case with Simmons.  He's going to fall, and it's probably dependent on how the interview process goes.  I'd say someone will gamble on him late 2nd.

52 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Both were clean character wise.  That's not the case with Simmons.  He's going to fall, and it's probably dependent on how the interview process goes.  I'd say someone will gamble on him late 2nd.

Once Tillery/Lawrence are off the board, someone will take him. I'm guessing between pick 40-53.

8 hours ago, Ozzy said:

One could look at almost any prospect and find points where he lacks effort, so if you want to find something wrong you will find something wrong.  No one is saying the guy is a 1st round pick or something.  He is a RS JR, but really is a RS SOPH in a way because that RS FR year he did not play because he was injured all season, played two seasons at Auburn only so does have some more improvement to make.  Saw a ton of action as a RS SOPH because Carlton Davis was on one side, and this year again as their best corner on the team and this combine performance helps as well.

And at the 20 second mark he makes a INT with that club hand which would be crazy hard to pull off.  But sure if one is going to go through every snap he lacks effort at times, show me a player who does not especially at corner.  

His whole tape is awful. I don't care if he has a club. The tape show he a dog. I not wasting time on player that stinks. The end.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If the Raiders feel great about their picks at 4, 24, and 27 I could see us taking him with our second rounder (35) assuming a DT isn’t taken earlier. 

That character concern with him is way overblown by now. I haven't seen or heard a single thing from any source that are concerns about him - it all hinges on that one incident where he pulled/tossed a woman who was beating up his sister.

I would be screaming for the Cowboys to gamble on him late 2nd. 

39 minutes ago, m haynes said:

His whole tape is awful. I don't care if he has a club. The tape show he a dog. I not wasting time on player that stinks. The end.

That is fine and can be your opinion.  I do question how many corners you actually evaluate or even watch or if you are just a anti Auburn fan potentially.  If you watch that tape and find nothing of value, not sure what your bar is exactly on corners and what they should look like in the 5th-7th round of the draft.  Oh I hate corners who are 6-1 206 and run a 4.3 40, um ok?  

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

The RB's on the other hand...

I feel like guys are paying attention to "who gets paid/drafted high in the NFL" and are switching from RB to LB/DB like as far back as high school.

I mean "playing running back" is not a route to a long, prosperous NFL career unless you're Adrian Peterson, I guess.

57 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like guys are paying attention to "who gets paid/drafted high in the NFL" and are switching from RB to LB/DB like as far back as high school.

I mean "playing running back" is not a route to a long, prosperous NFL career unless you're Adrian Peterson, I guess.

We've had strong HB classes the past few years. This is simply a weaker class. It happens. Let's not over-analyze it.

I don't even think it's that bad. We have a ton of backs for the passing game, and as far as 2-4th round picks go, I like this year as much as last year, and I had Kalen Ballage, Jaylen Samuels, Kerryon Johnson, Derrius Guice, and Rashaad Penny with grades in that range.

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We've had strong HB classes the past few years. This is simply a weaker class. It happens. Let's not over-analyze it.

Next year should more than make up for it. I love Etienne and Swift.

Archived