2019 NFL Combine

SmittyBacall

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

Does the 4.7 for Hockenson drop the hype a bit? It’s still a good time but is it a picked in the top ten time for a TE?

I'd also watch his release off the block. He didn't get a great jump on either attempt and looked a bit awkward. I wouldn't be surprised if at Iowa Pro Day, he skims a little time off that

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Okay, I'm a 49ers fan...so yes, what I'm about to say is perhaps a little biased...but I feel like if you're taking an affront to Shanny and Lynch, guys that seem to be pretty well liked across the board, you may have trouble in the NFL dealing with the coaches and FO people? Like, those two guys come across as maybe two of the more accessible guys to deal with? 

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I don't find any of this remotely concerning.  He's candid, so what?

I think it's weird, for sure. I don't think it's a great look for him overall, but honestly depends on the truth behind it and things that we aren't really going to know. I mean, if he has a problem with criticism, that is absolutely an issue with regards to potential coachability and the like. Perhaps the team was unnecessarily harsh. That seems a little odd from Shanny / Lynch, but again, I'm a niners fan so my view on them may be biased so take that with a grain of salt. I do think it's probably not something he should be saying, even if he's simply being candid. There's no reason to make teams raise an eyebrow at you during this process. 

Just now, Forge said:

Okay, I'm a 49ers fan...so yes, what I'm about to say is perhaps a little biased...but I feel like if you're taking an affront to Shanny and Lynch, guys that seem to be pretty well liked across the board, you may have trouble in the NFL dealing with the coaches and FO people? Like, those two guys come across as maybe two of the more accessible guys to deal with? 

I was thinking this too. The hot headed Reuben Foster had no problems with them in meetings at pro day (couldn’t meet at combine cus he got bounced)

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Are we sure the 49ers weren't just trying to get under his skin?  Is there any indication that he reacted poorly in that interview?  Or was he just noting that it was pretty negative, and also not really about football?

Valid question. We know that teams do that. I think it's probably safe to say that with this type of reaction he may not be the highest on the board for the 49ers though LOL. 

Archived